Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Magnificent win.So enjoyable to watch,especially the first three quarters,.DeGoey is starting to come of age,and Sidebottom had his best match of the year as well.All in all things are looking up,I knew we weren’t as bad as people were making us out to be,

We were never that bad, just poorly coached.

Yes I think what we are witnessing proves just how terrible the impact was of Bux' coaching.

This is revisionist bs. 2012 we lost a prelim to eventual premiers days after the loss of JMac. 2013 made the finals. 2014-2017 was a rebuild period during which time we also sustained probably the worst run of injuries I’ve ever experienced as a supporter. 2018 - despite another wretched run with injuries we were 2 mins and an appalling umpire decision from the flag. 2019 prelim loss by a straight kick. 2020 semis.

This is not the record of someone who cannot coach. It’s fu$king hard to win a flag in a equalised system.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:24 am

And what a difference a Howe makes!

The backline just seemed more stable and organised with him able to take on a good player and still get his obligatory half dozen intercepts

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:05 pm

A magnificent win, which should be celebrated by us all.

The way I read it, Harvey is not even in the running for the senior coaching role, but he is doing a great job as caretaker. He may well be kept on as a senior assistant to whoever gets the top job.

As for our team, I reckon the return of Howe and the development of Ruscoe had a massive impact on our team. We have really solid defenders in the air now, releasing some of the enormous pressure which Roughead has been handling on his own in recent weeks.

But the major improvement has been the midfield, where most games are won or lost. De Goey's emergence as a genuine midfielder, since he was BOG against the Dees in Buck's last game, has been spectacular. We've all known he had the potential, but its as if the penny finally dropped with him, in terms of getting fit enough. He is now finishing off games and has added that all important defensive side to his game, with some ferocious tackling in our back half.

I reckon Sidey might have been reading some of the obituaries on his career on Nicks, as he delivered his best game for a couple of years. Grundy was massive, easily outshining Natanui through sheer grunt and will to win. Adams was a midfield beast again, but was let down (again) by some very sloppy kicking and decision-making at times. Still, he was still dominant in his role.

As for our other young guns, we have definitely unearthed some ten year players in Henry, Macrae and Bianco. It's a shame he's not a bit taller, but nevertheless Henry has the best pair of hands I've seen on a new recruit. He is a one-grab mark and he knows where to lead to and what to do with it when he gets it. He is going to provide plenty of excitement for Pies fans in the coming years.

Macrae is a natural footballer, with exquisite balance and elite kicking and decision-making skills. I can't wait til he has another one or two pre-seasons under his belt and has bulked up a bit. He is a beauty.

Bianco left his kicking boots at home yesterday, but like Macrae he is a natural footy player, who knows where the ball is and is usually a great kick on either foot. His 50 m goal from near the boundary was a just reward for his hard work. I still reckon he's a potential future captain.

Then there's Ginnivan. As a rookie, not much was expected of him, but the way he has developed so quickly makes me suspect he might yet turn out to be the small crumbing forward we've been desperate for. The good thing about him is that he doesn't need a lot of the ball to make an impact, being a beautiful set shot goal kicker.

It was great to see Quaynor kick his first goal. I can't help but wonder how he would go as a midfielder? He is so well balanced, he rarely fumbles and is a wonderful kick. Time will tell I guess.

Anyway, overall it was a great performance by our young team, and should give them all confidence to attack next year's pre-season with vigour, knowing that, regardless of who our coach is, we have a very talented list and one full of great team spirit.

Next year, throw in Pendles, Moore, 'Magic' Johnson, Josh and Nick Daicos, and we could very well bounce straight back into the finals. Go Pies!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:16 pm

Adams better hope Clarko doesn’t get the coaching gig. His kicking is so bad he’ll be out the door in no time at all.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 pm

think better wrote:
And what a difference a Howe makes!

The backline just seemed more stable and organised with him able to take on a good player and still get his obligatory half dozen intercepts

The Howe comeback was as good as you will see from a bloke who hadn’t played competitive footy for three months. It worked out well for him in that the Eagles were held up all day but he’s such a reliable team mate back there.

Ruscoe is the interesting one and it’s the classic example of particular players being so much more comfortable at one end of the ground compared to the other. He’s a reliable kick and doesn’t get flustered and looks like a good value late pick right now.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Ruscoe always had an eye for the main chance as a forward, a real opportunist, and in the backline its a great attribute, you could see his eyes light up when he saw the option that started up some great chains of possession yesterday

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Think Bianco needs a week off, his disposal was poor yesterday, which may be a sign of fatigue. Last thing we want is an injury to him or any of the other young uns

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:00 pm

dalyc wrote:
Adams better hope Clarko doesn’t get the coaching gig. His kicking is so bad he’ll be out the door in no time at all.

Nah I reckon Clarko will.adjust him and the team to.play to his strengths and minimize the weaknesses. That's what great coaches do.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:01 pm

Watching the replay again, I have so much respect for Chris Mayne.

How many team based acts this guy does which don't get stats. Superb.

I can see why the players love him and I hope he stays. He has changed my mind

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:04 pm

dalyc wrote:

If Clarko can’t see Adams’ worth despite the occasional errant kick he’s not the man for the job
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:19 pm

We need to cut Adams some slack. He’s been managing that knee injury for most of the season. He’s probably avoiding match sim through the week and just running straight lines and doing kick to kick with stationary targets.
It’s no different to Matty Rowell at the Suns. Last year he was the next big thing. This year, he finally comes back from a PCL and he continues to struggle.
Adams has never been great by foot but he’s better than his first few kicks yesterday. Maybe for something different, we should celebrate that he’s out there rather than continue to highlight every mis kick he gets away.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^

Let’s hope everyone is still as upbeat about Harvs “ new game plan “ after our next loss. History tends to show that’s not a likelihood on here.
A nutless monkey could have coached a win against that insipid gutless mob yesterday.
I’m rapt for the players and Harvey but let’s not draw the “ wasted decade “ long bow just yet because we played against training cones and this is suddenly our new norm.
It was only a week ago Harvey should have been sacked on the spot because he picked Cox as the medical sub. A week is a long time in footy.

In fairness to Harvey, his new take on our game has been reflected since he became the official coach, whether we win or lose. I think it is clear he is trying something different.
It will be interesting to observe what happens in our next games. Obviously, against Top 8 contendors such as the Lions and Essendon, we could easily lose, (even against Hawthorn it is a possiblity!) but I am interested just as much to see how we lose. All that I am saying is that we see now a quality of play that was not being allowed to express itself often enough under Bux' coaching.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:31 pm

dalyc wrote:

This is revisionist bs. 2012 we lost a prelim to eventual premiers days after the loss of JMac. 2013 made the finals. 2014-2017 was a rebuild period during which time we also sustained probably the worst run of injuries I’ve ever experienced as a supporter. 2018 - despite another wretched run with injuries we were 2 mins and an appalling umpire decision from the flag. 2019 prelim loss by a straight kick. 2020 semis.

This is not the record of someone who cannot coach. It’s fu$king hard to win a flag in a equalised system.

Your account of the history leaves so much out that it becomes what you accused me of: spouting revisionist bs.
I won't argue with you further. You clearly read history in a different manner to me. The truth will become more apparent as time goes on, I guess.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:51 pm

Big T wrote:
Watching the replay again, I have so much respect for Chris Mayne.

How many team based acts this guy does which don't get stats. Superb.

I can see why the players love him and I hope he stays. He has changed my mind

Agree

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
We need to cut Adams some slack. He’s been managing that knee injury for most of the season. He’s probably avoiding match sim through the week and just running straight lines and doing kick to kick with stationary targets.
It’s no different to Matty Rowell at the Suns. Last year he was the next big thing. This year, he finally comes back from a PCL and he continues to struggle.
Adams has never been great by foot but he’s better than his first few kicks yesterday. Maybe for something different, we should celebrate that he’s out there rather than continue to highlight every mis kick he gets away.

Hear hear!

Re Mayne, always one of the first to congratulate/encourage teammates on the park. Magden does that too, can see why they’re both popular at the club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: