Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies whack Weagles . All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

......No.23...Bobby Hill .....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

YES Harvey! I keep saying give him a go and we might just have a fantastic coach already.
I've had a good feeling about him. The players will respond to and play for him.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:30 pm

No way. Caretaker coaches have a long history of sparking a quick rise and then failing from then on. He's been there 10 years, time to go.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
YES Harvey! I keep saying give him a go and we might just have a fantastic coach already.
I've had a good feeling about him. The players will respond to and play for him.

Unfortunately a terrible public speaker and will never be the face of the Collingwood football club.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:32 pm

Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
It’s obvious that Buckley held back this group

Yeah man we get it🙄 To the Buckley haters he will always be the one to cop the blame for everything that went wrong at Collingwood😦 Can we now concentrate on the future and not be stuck in the past? Enough Buckley bashing😡

I love Nathan Buckley. LOVE.
He just wasn’t a very good senior coach.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:52 pm

Robert Harvey is ill at ease when fronting post match presser That’s the man

But if he is getting the message thru to the playing group that culminated in yesterday’s brilliant win then he’s doing what he is meant to

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Great team win yesterday with the work load shared among many which for a change is a absolute positive
The young players are really showing some great signs
Yes they make some mistakes but each week they are feeling more and more comfortable at this level
This gives us a great head start for 2022 and a reason to be hopeful
Just a side note
I know Sidey was listed as captain but did people see the half time dressing room footage right before they left the shed ?
Adams was front and centre laying down the law to the entire team and the young players where fixated on his every word
He may not have had the C next to his name yesterday but he was truly the real leader of this team yesterday and has been the spiritual leader for some time
His efforts can never be underestimated he’s a lead by example and follow me type player as well as being front and centre when addressing the team
Adams Crisp JDG Maynard Howe were all outstanding yesterday and the main reason we won
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:03 pm

^ ^ ^
Yep. Thankfully Bucks never tried Moore at C H B, Howe as a defender or Miochek as a forward. That would have been disastrous.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 pm

jatsad wrote:
No way. Caretaker coaches have a long history of sparking a quick rise and then failing from then on. He's been there 10 years, time to go.

Agree. Look at St Kilda, Carlton and North's struggles when they gave their caretaker coaches the full-time job.

Harvey's been there for 10 years, and the club will be eager to look for fresh ideas from an "outsider".

In saying that, props to Harvey for continually playing youth and improving our brand of football since Buckley's departure. If we sneak another win or two and/or remain competitive before seasons end, I think he'll have done a good job in the circumstances.

Last edited by Jezza on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:22 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
It’s obvious that Buckley held back this group

Yeah man we get it🙄 To the Buckley haters he will always be the one to cop the blame for everything that went wrong at Collingwood😦 Can we now concentrate on the future and not be stuck in the past? Enough Buckley bashing😡

I love Nathan Buckley. LOVE.
He just wasn’t a very good senior coach.

Okay I may have interpreted it wrong. Hard to disagree but what I will say honestly is that at times he had just about the worst injury list to endure 😣

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:11 am

Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^
Yep. Thankfully Bucks never tried Moore at C H B, Howe as a defender or Miochek as a forward. That would have been disastrous.

Moore played his pre senior year in the VFL at CHB.
Howe played most of his years in defence at Melbourne. Buckley promised him a forward line role. Injuries forced his hand.
We’ll never know if Mihocek could have been a great KPD for us, but I will give kudos to Buckley for trying Mihocek as a forward.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:30 am

Make Harvey head assistant coach to either Clarkson or Scott, he knows his footy oats, is obviously popular with our players, our kids, he has revitalised the team, into attacking mode. I say, keep him on.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:07 am

^ The new coach, whoever that might be, will be the one to chose his assistants. Trying to force Harvey, or anyone else, onto them would be a reason not to accept the senior role
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:26 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
^ The new coach, whoever that might be, will be the one to chose his assistants. Trying to force Harvey, or anyone else, onto them would be a reason not to accept the senior role

It would be absolutely awful to push Harvey out of the club. If our next coach does that he won’t last very long.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:29 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Make Harvey head assistant coach to either Clarkson or Scott, he knows his footy oats, is obviously popular with our players, our kids, he has revitalised the team, into attacking mode. I say, keep him on.!

Absolutely. He’s a keep at all cost. Even if he takes over list management from Troy Selwood that would be a good outcome.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^

Moore played his pre senior year in the VFL at CHB.
Howe played most of his years in defence at Melbourne. Buckley promised him a forward line role. Injuries forced his hand.
We’ll never know if Mihocek could have been a great KPD for us, but I will give kudos to Buckley for trying Mihocek as a forward.

Moore also played virtually all of his U18s as a forward and Howe won the Dees goal kicking one year. Miochek was the best CHB in the VFL.
And you can also add Stephenson as an AA U18 outside mid being played as a small forward in his first year.

My point is, some cant see balance in any conversation because their only aim is to infect another thread with Buckley bashing.
My above comment was in relation to Bucks supposedly also being a bad coach because he played players out of position, specifically Ruscoe. What a ridiculous statement ( and to be fair, the comment wasn’t made by you ) Ruscoe is a utility type and was asked to play a position to benefit the team on game day. The club isn’t there to say “ Well Trey, this is your first year at the club, so where would like to play today ? “
So Ruscoe plays 4 / 5 games as a forward in his first year and in between pre seasons, comes back as a better defender. How does that make Bucks a bad coach ? What did that cost us ladder wise ? Has it helped or hampered Ruscoes second year of development ? Plenty of things can make Bucks a bad coach but Ruscoe playing better footy as a defender in his second year, isn’t one of them.

There are some of us on here who just get worn down of every thread being infected by another reason to find fault with Buckley. Sadly, I get that but let’s at least make them valid reasons, not rubbish like Bucks can’t coach because he didn’t play a first year player in a specific position ( particularly when he played both ends as a junior )

Last edited by Pies2016 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: