Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 4 - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, Australia hit 800 COVID deaths since 1 January 2022.

In the week commencing 2 January 2022, there were 92 COVID deaths.
In the week commencing 9 January 2022, there were 288 COVID deaths.
In the week commencing 16 January 2022, there have been 420 COVID deaths.

For those trying to put what's happening at the moment into the larger context, it may help to ask yourselves by what particular public health idiocy we come to have had 800 deaths in a month, in a mostly fully-vaccinated population, from a "mild cold" - but just three times that number during the whole of the prior length of the pandemic, largely in an unvaccinated population, from allegedly "more dangerous" versions of the disease.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Today, Australia hit 800 COVID deaths since 1 January 2022.

In the week commencing 2 January 2022, there were 92 COVID deaths.
In the week commencing 9 January 2022, there were 288 COVID deaths.
In the week commencing 16 January 2022, there have been 420 COVID deaths.

For those trying to put what's happening at the moment into the larger context, it may help to ask yourselves by what particular public health idiocy we come to have had 800 deaths in a month, in a mostly fully-vaccinated population, from a "mild cold" - but just three times that number during the whole of the prior length of the pandemic, largely in an unvaccinated population, from allegedly "more dangerous" versions of the disease.

So we should all stay Home and stay away from People as it might Kill us going near people not in your House then

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:28 pm

^ The disease has always been reasonably unlikely to kill any of us. The infection mortality rate has typically hovered around 0.25% throughout the pandemic in developed countries, worldwide. All that is needed is appropriate precautions - vaccination (which I maintain should be compulsory), distancing, masks etc.

I do, however, remain concerned about the various governments' messaging to the effect that the danger has passed - we are presently up to our necks in COVID, largely because of the transmissibility of the present variant and the "let it rip" strategy we've been seeing in the last month or two.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I do, however, remain concerned about the various governments' messaging to the effect that the danger has passed - we are presently up to our necks in COVID, largely because of the transmissibility of the present variant and the "let it rip" strategy we've been seeing in the last month or two.

I agree with that too with Pollies and even Media making it sound the Pandemic is Over when we still in a Pandemic and with no Clue when it Might End

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:24 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I agree with that too with Pollies and even Media making it sound the Pandemic is Over when we still in a Pandemic and with no Clue when it Might End

Which of these sounds like the pandemic is over exactly?

The push for boosters?
The 50% limit at the Aus Open Tennis
Masks being mandatory in certain situations.
Kicking Novak out of the country
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:05 am

In Victoria today:

Hospital: 1,002
ICU: 120
Ventilated: 44
Deaths: 14

and in NSW:

- 2,712 hospitalisations
- 189 people in ICU
- 34 deaths
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:40 am

swoop42 wrote:
Not sure if anyone on Nick's has declared they have had COVID in the past (not sure why you wouldn't as no stigma should ever be attached) if not then it appears 2022 will finally be the year we break our cherry.

Well, here we are. Tested positive last night after having a mild cough and some muscle soreness. Wish me luck …

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 am

Bugger. Hope everyone is OK.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:55 am

Look after yourself, my sister is 2 weeks past negative, she was fit as a fiddle, she’s still struggling badly with fatigue, she’s taking 2 weeks leave and gone home to her farm. Dont take it for granted,
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm

think positive wrote:
Look after yourself, my sister is 2 weeks past negative, she was fit as a fiddle, she’s still struggling badly with fatigue, she’s taking 2 weeks leave and gone home to her farm. Dont take it for granted,

Covid Long is a Big Worry

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:32 pm

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Not sure if anyone on Nick's has declared they have had COVID in the past (not sure why you wouldn't as no stigma should ever be attached) if not then it appears 2022 will finally be the year we break our cherry.

Well, here we are. Tested positive last night after having a mild cough and some muscle soreness. Wish me luck …

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. A daily blog would be good. Wink

As TP said, he fatigue is bad for some people where others sail through with bugger all.

It seems the trick is if you get fatigued, don't fight it, rest and/or sleep as much as you need.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:31 pm

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirst/status/1485119127190904834?s=20

Reminds me of Communist by Lying about how the Other Side Live and Make it sound like how good they are

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:39 pm

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Sincere good wishes for a solid recovery.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Mild cough and aching body is me every morning, I'd get tested every day if that was the expectation.

Catching Covid is inevitable, while I'm 5G boosted I'm just getting back to normal as much as I can. Wearing a mask is a pain but a small price to pay. Did the Sunday Market cruise this morning again, stalls and attendance down from last week which was lower than usual. The Thomastown Market carpark has never been that empty on a market day.

Nevermind people, the curve has peaked and we're on the way back to something resembling normal where Covid is Endemic not Pandemic.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nevermind people, the curve has peaked and we're on the way back to something resembling normal where Covid is Endemic not Pandemic.

Need to see what Happens when Kids get back to school to be Conformant that the Peak has Changed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 179 of 199   

Jump to: