Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
If we follow your advice and trade away Grundy, Sidey and JDG we won't be contending for another five years. Last night's result looked bad. However it wasn't our best side and Brisbane were switched on at their own ground. All our first year players are going to improve next year. They are going to need the experienced bodies of those three players around them. Last night we saw several mismatches around the ground. Cameron and Daniher were allowed to run riot. Madgen on McStay is a blatant mismatch. That won't happen again.

Sidey is finished....over the hill and down the Dale.
Grundy...No one would take on his contract.
And I reckon his performance this year would have many other clubs wouldt ever consider trading for him.
Is he worth just one first round draft pick????? .I don't know.
But I wouldn't be surprised that no one would want to trade for him.
JDG has currency.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:59 am

Sidebottom had the second-most disposals (behind only Crisp), most metres gained and equal-most score involvements of any Collingwood player, last evening. Over the season, he has had the second highest number of disposals (behind only Crisp) by a Collingwood player.

Like many past players who became targets on Nick's, his effectiveness has decreased because the quality around him has steadily diminished.

If he'd had just 2 kicks and 13 handballs like Treloar did yesterday - or if he was keeping a fast, 40+ disposal midfielder out of the team, I could understand the focus - but he's actually been one of our better players over the course of a very depressing season. He was plainly one of the few last night that you would want to pick next week, if you had alternatives.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:04 pm

What a load of crap. Do you even watch him play this year.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:22 pm

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:
Tap outs-over rated. Only on rare occasions do tap outs actually hit their target and mostly when they do the player is jumped on. The tap out is not the issue the real issue is the ability of a the player to anticipate and react as most of the time players play man on man at ruck contests.

As for Grundy, he can tap all he likes, the fact is he rarely significantly impacts the game. He has no ability to take a contested mark and rarely presents himself as a target. If he wants to be "ruck rover" then he should go find another club. He is paid to be a ruckman and all that goes with that role.

I agree tap outs are overrated. So much effort expended jumping into one another, pushing and shoving each other all night, for so little return. I would like to see Grundy ruck rove next week and lynch ruck. What is there to lose giving this a try.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Sidebottom had the second-most disposals (behind only Crisp), most metres gained and equal-most score involvements of any Collingwood player, last evening. Over the season, he has had the second highest number of disposals (behind only Crisp) by a Collingwood player.

Like many past players who became targets on Nick's, his effectiveness has decreased because the quality around him has steadily diminished.

If he'd had just 2 kicks and 13 handballs like Treloar did yesterday - or if he was keeping a fast, 40+ disposal midfielder out of the team, I could understand the focus - but he's actually been one of our better players over the course of a very depressing season. He was plainly one of the few last night that you would want to pick next week, if you had alternatives.

I'm with you on Treloar but not Sidey.
He is just not effective.
Still really pissed off with him leaving the bubble last year and going home during the finals.
Can't forgive him for his pathetic drunken episode.
He plays like he is a millionaire.
What is the point of continuing with him
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:24 pm

^ SteveH67 - since all of the statistics I mentioned are correct, I guess you're just saying my opinion is "crap". You're entitled to yours, of course - and, even better, you could try backing it up with rational argument, rather than mere abuse.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:27 pm

Never said your opinion is crap
I like your input.
Cyril Rioli didn't have high stats.
But he was the most effective on the ground
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:29 pm

masoncox, I wasn't responding to your post and I wasn't dismissing your response.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:46 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
joemamone@gmail.com wrote:
Tap outs-over rated. Only on rare occasions do tap outs actually hit their target and mostly when they do the player is jumped on. The tap out is not the issue the real issue is the ability of a the player to anticipate and react as most of the time players play man on man at ruck contests.

As for Grundy, he can tap all he likes, the fact is he rarely significantly impacts the game. He has no ability to take a contested mark and rarely presents himself as a target. If he wants to be "ruck rover" then he should go find another club. He is paid to be a ruckman and all that goes with that role.

I agree tap outs are overrated. So much effort expended jumping into one another, pushing and shoving each other all night, for so little return. I would like to see Grundy ruck rove next week and lynch ruck. What is there to lose giving this a try.

They are overrated, particularly by opposition analysts. The analysts review the oppositions hot spots and “ go to zones “. They aren’t focussing on whether or not the ruckman wins it or not ( the coach might but the analysts aren’t ) their focus is on where he is likely to hit it to should he get first hands on the ball. That’s how opposition teams set up, by either defending the oppositions hot spots or maximising their own strengths.
Our entire mid field set up has become so predictable and stale, we are very easy to play against out of the centre. And why wouldn’t we be easy to play against when you don’t change your core coaching staff for several years. Other than Daicos or Crisp replacing Treloar, we haven’t even changed our primary mid field starters over the years.
I have no doubt we will be much harder to read next year for two reasons.
One reason will be the new coach and the second reason will be the changing of the guard of next gen mid fielders.

We will look very different next year, so I wouldn’t be to concerned about more of the same in 2022.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Playing kids, who are now tiiring out, and with Pendles and most of our backline out, against a rampaging very good team,on a Finals quest, up on their own pissing ground, was a accident waiting to happen and it did happen. Its the only real belting we have got this season, plus we have avoided the wooden sppon, be thankful for that. Now for new Coach, with fresh ideas, a better draft for us, yooung Daicos, and a better fixture next season, the better times will come again.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:21 pm

^Agree. The bough was going to break at some point. I thought we'd acquit ourselves better than we did, but geez don't be too hard on a side with no depth and lots of injuries to key players.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:26 pm

Don’t worry about this season. It is not a car crash. Things will improve - I can see some positive signs but the rebuild will take 2-3 years.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Playing kids, who are now tiring out, and with Pendles and most of our backline out, against a rampaging very good team,on a Finals quest, on their own pissing ground, was a accident waiting to happen and it did happen. Its the only real belting we have got this season, plus we have avoided the wooden spoon, be thankful for that. Now for new Coach, with fresh ideas, a better draft for us, young Daicos, and a better fixture next season, the better times will come again.

On the money! We need some clean air, a new direction, Board resolution and big preseason leading into 2022.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:21 pm

Most of all we need a shake up in the recruiting department.I’m not confident at all in Hine’s ability to rebuild the list.We need some fresh faces in that department.But who can we get?Who is regarded as one of the better recruiters in the AFL?
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ SteveH67 - since all of the statistics I mentioned are correct, I guess you're just saying my opinion is "crap". You're entitled to yours, of course - and, even better, you could try backing it up with rational argument, rather than mere abuse.

Stats mean shit.

If you had watched Sidey, he is coughing up many of those positions to opposition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: