Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Most of all we need a shake up in the recruiting department. I’m not confident at all in Hine’s ability to rebuild the list. We need some fresh faces in that department. But who can we get? Who is regarded as one of the better recruiters in the AFL?

You're not confident at all in Hine’s ability to rebuild the list?
He'd struggle to rebuild a LEGO set, let alone an AFL list.
There is very little to do at the upcoming ND, thanks to sins from years prior.
And Wright will be overseeing his annual idiocy, to ensure no further disasters occur. As soon as Hine's contract is up - dispose of him.

Surely all the recruiters across the 18 teams have access to the same footage and intel as the others?
From there it is a lottery pending on your ladder finish, and tanking skills.
Or just trade it all away for bags of magic beans, like our imbeciles do.

And this clown has caused major damage in the years he got it wrong, of which we are still bearing the repercussions.
He got it right in very few instances. Judkins was worse though.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:10 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^ SteveH67 - since all of the statistics I mentioned are correct, I guess you're just saying my opinion is "crap". You're entitled to yours, of course - and, even better, you could try backing it up with rational argument, rather than mere abuse.

Stats mean shit.

If you had watched Sidey, he is coughing up many of those positions to opposition.

If you actually watched the game, you would have seen Sidey winning the ball but no one running past for a handball or support. But don’t let the facts change your mind.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:14 pm

piedys wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Most of all we need a shake up in the recruiting department. I’m not confident at all in Hine’s ability to rebuild the list. We need some fresh faces in that department. But who can we get? Who is regarded as one of the better recruiters in the AFL?

You're not confident at all in Hine’s ability to rebuild the list?
He'd struggle to rebuild a LEGO set, let alone an AFL list.
There is very little to do at the upcoming ND, thanks to sins from years prior.
And Wright will be overseeing his annual idiocy, to ensure no further disasters occur. As soon as Hine's contract is up - dispose of him.

Surely all the recruiters across the 18 teams have access to the same footage and intel as the others?
From there it is a lottery pending on your ladder finish, and tanking skills.
Or just trade it all away for bags of magic beans, like our imbeciles do.

And this clown has caused major damage in the years he got it wrong, of which we are still bearing the repercussions.
He got it right in very few instances. Judkins was worse though.

If you go back thru time to Nicks in 2013 to 2015.
You will see a few posters putting the blow torch on Hines.
The motto in Hines we trust did not stick
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:34 pm

I thought I'd wait until after Liverpool won their opening game in the EPL to put me in a better mood, before posting here.

Before the game I had posted my fear that we might fall in a heap, and sadly I was right. People can say what they like about Bucks as our coach, but we were always a hard team to beat under him. It's a long while since we copped a flogging like that. to me it was more like a 20 goal loss as the Lions definitely eased up in the last quarter.

However.....we had a host of young kids, who were unable to match the physicality of the stronger/bigger Lions. Unlike others, I was impressed by all of them. Clearly we have a couple of natural forwards in Henry and Ginnivan, who will be much better next year after solid pre-seasons. Likewise, Macrae and Bianco should also be better. Hopefully McCreery and Ruscoe will develop as well.

The negatives for me was the form of Daicos, who in truth, has been a little disappointing all year, after finally showing terrific promise last season. He obviously has the skills, but perhaps needs to learn to go in a little harder. as he is not quite quick enough to be a predominantly outside player imo. Added to that, I regularly find myself disappointed in Adams, because though he gets plenty of the ball, his decison-making and foot skills too often let him down, thus reducing his impact on the outcome of games.

Clearly our defence was under siege last night, in part, because of the Lions dominance at clearances, but also because we were fielding a second rate defence. Put back Moore, Howe and Quaynor and we would be a much, much better side.

Unlike others, I thought Sidey played another good game and definitely has at least another year in him. We will need his and Pendles experience and leadership next year, as we build a new young midfield.

So lets just see this phuckin year over asap and get some muscle on those younf skinny kids of ours over the pre-season and come back and hit 'em with everything next year. Go Pies!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Best to put a line through this game and file it in the 'never to be analysed' section. The end result was unsurprising. The perfect storm, as they say
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:02 pm

Rudeboy, agree on Adams, not polished enough. Agree on Daicos, lacks pace, so goes sideways rather than surge forward and put pressure on other side. As I said previously, I hope his brother is faster.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:07 pm

masoncox wrote:
If you go back thru time to Nicks in 2013 to 2015.
You will see a few posters putting the blow torch on Hines.
The motto in Hines we trust did not stick

The doubt started to creep in around then, for sure.
He has overstayed his tenure, along with McGuire and Buckley.

He was still cashing in on selections from 2005 [Thomas/Pendles]
And 2009 which netted Fumblebottom and Beams.
These selections were critical to 2010 flag, and 2011 near miss.
To be fair, he did little wrong prior to that. Then the coaching change, and trading rot started to set in.

He fluked Grundy at 20 in 2012, when we had three consecutive picks.
The other two were effectively wasted on Broomhead and spud Kennedy.

2013 was a write-off with Scharenberg and Freeman debacle, while Cripps went to Carlton. And with it, our eventual 2018 premiership chances.

He is long out of credit, IMO.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:20 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Just got home from the game and I hope it didn’t look as bad on 📺 as it did live
17 goals to 3 from the 7th minute mark of the 2nd term
The lion kicked 17 goals in 2 quarters and 18 minutes
Just let that sink in for a while
There was a few noticeable things tonight and it shows exactly why this club needs a urgent injection of fresh ideas

The lions weren’t interested in winning the hit outs (the most useless stat in the game) they sat off and waited to see what 3ft circle around his feet Grundy tapped the ball to and swooped in and made it a disputed contest and the banged it forward as quick as possible
Grundy has hoodwinked the club with his ability to pretend he actually does anything of value. You see you pay match winners a million a year. Players like Dangerfield Martin Kelly not ruckman who scramble around on the ground trying to clean up the mess they created with there inability to hit the ball miles away from where the opposition want it. All he does is try to pad his stats with useless handballs or half hacked kicks.

The deliberately rotated Zorko Neale McCluggage on to Sidey at every stoppage he attended and watched him fumble away pick up the crumbs and then run off him. If the club had a true honesty session tomorrow he would retire immediately and save further embarrassment. He’s slower than a glacier now, has nil foot skills or vision and his leadership is non existent

I would hate to see what the score line would have been if Crisp and Adams didn’t play. Seriously they are the only 2 senior players last night to earn the money

Our much often praised defence was torn apart. So many here bang on about IQ and Noble but we had no real small quick defenders last night and it showed there real value. Murphy is useless has no game sense at all, Magden is well below AFL standard.

Any self respecting coach would think twice before taking this role.
We have a million a year tied up in the games most over rated player
Another $700k in a over the hill in slow no skilled mid who just jogs between the arcs turning the ball over
JDG for all his talent is a down hill skier when it’s tough and the hard yards need to be done he goes missing

I feel sorry for the kids there now being exposed to insipid performances that won’t have any consequences at the selection table because the players who should be made example of take up about 20% of our salary cap
Nick Daicos for all his assumed talent won’t make any difference in this team
We need to have a complete clean out starting with Grundy Sidey JDG
Trade them all as long as there wages go as well we can start fresh again in 2023 and enter free agency and get some real A grade talent in
I’ve never ever seen such a lower standard in a group of senior players than I witnessed last night

If we follow your advice and trade away Grundy, Sidey and JDG we won't be contending for another five years. Last night's result looked bad. However it wasn't our best side and Brisbane were switched on at their own ground. All our first year players are going to improve next year. They are going to need the experienced bodies of those three players around them. Last night we saw several mismatches around the ground. Cameron and Daniher were allowed to run riot. Madgen on McStay is a blatant mismatch. That won't happen again.

It may well take 5 years to do a serious rebuild.
But be honest mate Sidey best days are long gone
Grundy is over paid on what you should expect to get from someone on his salary considering what other clubs get in return from there million dollars men
JDG is a down hill skier when he’s on he’s great when the going gets tough he goes missing time and again
We aren’t contending any time in the next 3 years anyways so I say strip it right back trade whatever we can and reset for a long term run at contending
As for people thinking I was whacking noble and IQ I wasn’t I was saying how slow we looked without them. Yes they make errors but they have some wheels to get back and cover and keep small forwards quiet
Magden shouldn’t be allowed on a AFL field ever again
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Sidebottom had the second-most disposals (behind only Crisp), most metres gained and equal-most score involvements of any Collingwood player, last evening. Over the season, he has had the second highest number of disposals (behind only Crisp) by a Collingwood player.

Like many past players who became targets on Nick's, his effectiveness has decreased because the quality around him has steadily diminished.

If he'd had just 2 kicks and 13 handballs like Treloar did yesterday - or if he was keeping a fast, 40+ disposal midfielder out of the team, I could understand the focus - but he's actually been one of our better players over the course of a very depressing season. He was plainly one of the few last night that you would want to pick next week, if you had alternatives.

Getting it and doing something useful with it is completely different story
He fumbled constantly last night again under limited or no pressure
His kicks were hacks forward often falling into open space nowhere near a team mate
Most meters gained generally goes to a defender most weeks who clears defence but due to our defenders being totally smashed it went elsewhere
I watched live mate he run between the arcs and his direct opponent run off him all night and was dangerous
He’s way past his best
Across the season he’s so highly rated by the coaches both ours and oppositions he’s polled votes on 2 occasions for a total of 5 votes for the season
I’m willing to bet he won’t receive a brownlow vote for the entire year either
Mate time to face the fact he’s cooked and he’s part of the problem not part of the solution
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12 pm

Sidebottom
The cooked goose
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:35 pm

Yeah think that the bottom has fallen off Sidey 😄 He has lost all confidence in his ability to perform at his level best. If he can somehow reinvent himself, I reckon he could be in a Collingwood team challenging for a flag in 2024.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Checkers with early plea can accept a one match ban for rough play
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:03 pm

We are phucked for 3 years. I'm gonna enjoy watching the kids develop... with minimal expectation. We need to be very careful here as we could easily become the next Carlton and be in the wilderness for two decades.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:54 pm
Post subject: pies lose to lionsReply with quote

I don't understand why people are laying the blame,e on Buckley for this teams poor disposal..
He was an elite player with the ball in hand.
I think this club has persisted with players who have never. been great with their disposal , especially under pressure. Some players like Crispy, whom I do love , are terrible below their knees and how often does he turn the ball over in our backline!
I remember the days when if you mucked up, you were dragged on the spot and felt the wrath of the coach...
Today we accept a lot of these inadequacies ,perhaps through loyalty and maybe lack of personnel.
One example of this for me, is the fact that after sideys extraordinarily bizarre behaviour last year, he was still kept as part of the leadership group..

I also was unhappy with Grundy holding out on the club b for such a big deal..
I understand why the club did it, but I never felt comfortable with his attitude.
I imagine that players may be looking at him as a selfish person who inadvertently helped to lose a few popular players.

No One will probably read this. I am just not a happy Vegemite.. This is 2 years paid as a legends member and I am just so sad about what has happened to our club..

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:33 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Checkers with early plea can accept a one match ban for rough play

Yet Dangerfield and Hawkins are cleared and free to play next week.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: