Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:
Rudeboy, agree on Adams, not polished enough. Agree on Daicos, lacks pace, so goes sideways rather than surge forward and put pressure on other side. As I said previously, I hope his brother is faster.

Adams is fast becoming the elephant in the room. In so many ways he is our heart and soul but in other ways, he totally wrong foots our transition whenever he uses the ball by foot. You simply can’t use the ball so badly so often and expect to not get burnt going the other way.
He’s never been great by foot but he has been worse than usual this year. He has been carrying a knee all season so I’m hoping it’s the lack of training that’s negatively impacting him more than usual.
I expect our starting midfield in two / three years time would look something like MacRae, N Daicos, a big bodied McInnes and DeGoey if he’s still with us ( I’m talking organic growth only )
The sooner we eliminate the excessive skill errors from our midfield, the sooner we give up a lot less cheap goals to the opposition.

Adams should not be part of our offensive chain ideally. He should be there in and under, feeding it out to the great ball users but we just don’t have them right now.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:09 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:
Rudeboy, agree on Adams, not polished enough. Agree on Daicos, lacks pace, so goes sideways rather than surge forward and put pressure on other side. As I said previously, I hope his brother is faster.

Adams is fast becoming the elephant in the room...

An elephant would probably have better disposal...
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

Adams is fast becoming the elephant in the room. In so many ways he is our heart and soul but in other ways, he totally wrong foots our transition whenever he uses the ball by foot. You simply can’t use the ball so badly so often and expect to not get burnt going the other way.
He’s never been great by foot but he has been worse than usual this year. He has been carrying a knee all season so I’m hoping it’s the lack of training that’s negatively impacting him more than usual.
I expect our starting midfield in two / three years time would look something like MacRae, N Daicos, a big bodied McInnes and DeGoey if he’s still with us ( I’m talking organic growth only )
The sooner we eliminate the excessive skill errors from our midfield, the sooner we give up a lot less cheap goals to the opposition.

Adams has taken his clanger record to new highs this season. He is averaging 6
per match - you can't survive that, week in and week out.

I did not realize it was that bad.
That is shocking really.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:02 pm

He cannot be captain unless he learns to limit clangers. It's too late to correct his kicking overall.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:49 pm

Terrible statistic for Tay, but he has been playing under a cloud all season due to
i) lingering injury suspicions
ii) decline in the capacity of the rest of the midfield. Tay has gone in and always extracted the hard ball get, but the decline in the skill levels surrounding him has led to a more glaring exposure of his deficiencies. I just feel that we are lacking one strong bodied mid who, if we could get him, would alleviate Tay's load and thereby enable him to avoid many of the clangers we are witnessing which could well be attributed to fatigue.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Terrible statistic for Tay, but he has been playing under a cloud all season due to
i) lingering injury suspicions
ii) decline in the capacity of the rest of the midfield. Tay has gone in and always extracted the hard ball get, but the decline in the skill levels surrounding him has led to a more glaring exposure of his deficiencies. I just feel that we are lacking one strong bodied mid who, if we could get him, would alleviate Tay's load and thereby enable him to avoid many of the clangers we are witnessing which could well be attributed to fatigue.

That’s a very good point.We have been playing a couple of midfielders short all year,and the toll is beginning to show on Taylor,especially with him apparently carrying a knee injury.Why the club doesn’t appreciate the need for more inside midfielders is beyond me.Hopefully the next coach will understand this,and do something about it,
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:06 am

BazBoy wrote:
Checkers with early plea can accept a one match ban for rough play

Should have elbowed him in the head instead

Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:40 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Sheed gets a fine... what a joke.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:11 am

Big T wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Sheed gets a fine... what a joke.

there were also two equally bad plays by the Bears players that apparently have gone unnoticed. i dont get it.

i also dont get why we got a 50 meter penalty for stepping off the mark before umpire called play on. The umpires hands were literally signalling the play on motion as our guy stepped off. Contrast that with what daniher did almost immediately after it and what the loions player did when adams got a free kick in the center.

Why are controversial decisions always paid against us in goal scoring positions. And why dont they then umpire it consistently for the rest of the game.

They also had a burst in the third quarter whn they called us to play on when we simply looked off the line, but the allowed the bears to continually sneak around without calling play on.

I think the more rules there are the worse it is for us because we always get them umpired against us AND not for us!! Double whammy.

I wont even start on the defensive holding and how unfairly that is adjudicated.

AFL is a joke.

Collingwood is also a joke because we have been saying how competitive we have been in all of our losses, but this was the first time a team needed percentage on us and the gap in ability could not have been more stark.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Let’s hope E that the club start putting in some leg work on how our games are umpired.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:06 pm

aus50ford wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
aus50ford wrote:
Madgen's goalkeeper like save, shows there's a heap of passion in the guy.
Don't write him off yet

Why is it when a player gets belted by his opponent we have to praise his passion? I’d prefer he had no passion at all and he beat his opponent.

Skills can be taught
Passion comes from the heart ... that's something that can't be

It's at best unclear that Grundy has either passion or skill.

Re. passion, look at all his "I need to get away from footy, blah, blah, blah" comments.

Re. skill, look at the uncontested mark sitter he dropped in Q1 and all his hit out and disposal clangers.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:12 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
joemamone@gmail.com wrote:
Tap outs-over rated. Only on rare occasions do tap outs actually hit their target and mostly when they do the player is jumped on. The tap out is not the issue the real issue is the ability of a the player to anticipate and react as most of the time players play man on man at ruck contests.

As for Grundy, he can tap all he likes, the fact is he rarely significantly impacts the game. He has no ability to take a contested mark and rarely presents himself as a target. If he wants to be "ruck rover" then he should go find another club. He is paid to be a ruckman and all that goes with that role.

I agree tap outs are overrated. So much effort expended jumping into one another, pushing and shoving each other all night, for so little return. I would like to see Grundy ruck rove next week and lynch ruck. What is there to lose giving this a try.

Don't think there's much to lose. Wins and losses at this time really don't matter. But he's no ruck rover. It's a total myth that Grundy is an "extra mid".
K 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:15 pm
Post subject: Re: pies lose to lionsReply with quote

orie wrote:
Today we accept a lot of these inadequacies ,perhaps through loyalty and maybe lack of personnel.
One example of this for me, is the fact that after sideys extraordinarily bizarre behaviour last year, he was still kept as part of the leadership group..

I also was unhappy with Grundy holding out on the club for such a big deal..
I understand why the club did it, but I never felt comfortable with his attitude.
I imagine that players may be looking at him as a selfish person who inadvertently helped to lose a few popular players.

No One will probably read this. I am just not a happy Vegemite.. This is 2 years paid as a legends member and I am just so sad about what has happened to our club..

I read it.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:24 pm

^ I.read it too and I'm glad you expressed your thoughts, despite believing nobody would be bothered to read them Smile. FWIW, I feel just the same about the two instances you refer to.
I have also wondered whether some of the players believe that Grundy's big money contributed towards going over the salary cap and if they see him as selfish.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:43 am

K wrote:
aus50ford wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
aus50ford wrote:
Madgen's goalkeeper like save, shows there's a heap of passion in the guy.
Don't write him off yet

Why is it when a player gets belted by his opponent we have to praise his passion? I’d prefer he had no passion at all and he beat his opponent.

Skills can be taught
Passion comes from the heart ... that's something that can't be

It's at best unclear that Grundy has either passion or skill.

Re. passion, look at all his "I need to get away from footy, blah, blah, blah" comments.

Re. skill, look at the uncontested mark sitter he dropped in Q1 and all his hit out and disposal clangers.

Other than his marking (which is just below average and no where near the elite standard we judge him by), Grundy is pretty much elite at everything he does. Admit it, you'd love him if you were so jealous he was making a million a year!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: