Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35 Nick Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about the Brownlow. It's a bs award given by umpires. Have you heard of such nonsense in any other sport?
The umpires have one job...to adjudicate the game fairly according to the rules. By anyone's measure they are a massive fail even doing their primary role.
Leigh Mathews never won a Brownlow and yet is considered by many to have been the best player ever.

Nick, you are an impressionable 20yo kid grown up in a football mad town, so can understand why the Brownlow would be important to you. Don't buy into the false sensationalism. Don't buy into the media fawning for those that get the most supercoach points. The fact that you went an inch over the goalsquare line to kick out and ensure you got credited with a kick was embarrassing. You have the opportunity to lead Collingwood to premierships. Premierships don't come easy to Collingwood. Do that and the Collingwood people will recognise your true worth and look after you more than you can imagine.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:49 am

I am bit more positive about Nicks return now. He put out a statement saying he is determined to do all he can, to get back playing for us. So, if its six weeks, that is 3 more games, then a Finals bye, then first Final, is we win that, we get another bye. Thats 6 weeks then the Prelim. so all going well, he should be back for the Prelim, hes young, and young bones heal pretty fast too. Now it up to the guys, to pull the finger out, and win at least, two of the last three games, so we get that chance, to make it happen for him.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:19 am

There is an ugly trend emerging at AFL house.

Think back to their openly predicting heavy physical attacks on Ginni (which is in fact encouragement for this to happen) now another young Collingwood player cops weekly heavy handed treatment and the reaction from the AFL and their media lapdogs . . . crickets.

I'm all for the game being physical but there are (or should be) limits.

Some young player is going to end up getting very seriously hurt because the AFL is now openly sanctioning thuggish behaviour.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:35 pm

Is it just me or did that muppet Sicily bump Nick as he was hobbling? That’s not though. It’s a cowardly act. And Nick’s comments yesterday about the hard tag were perfect. He will only get better. As one of the captains of one of the other Afl teams said, what he is doing at this age is unbelievable. Man I look forward to seeing off the half back line in the prelim. How that is not a 50 is still beyond me. Whatever. I think the playing group will get very galvanised.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:40 pm

Excuse all the typos. Hopefully I will learn to proof read soon.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:41 pm

Is it just me or did that muppet Sicily bump Nick as he was hobbling? That’s not though. It’s a cowardly act. And Nick’s comments yesterday about the hard tag were perfect. He will only get better. As one of the captains of one of the other Afl teams said, what he is doing at this age is unbelievable. Man I look forward to seeing off the half back line in the prelim. How that is not a 50 is still beyond me. Whatever. I think the playing group will get very galvanised.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:40 pm

In The Age's "Top 50 AFL influencers", Nick Daicos was ranked #6. (Only one current player was ranked higher: Paddy D.)
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:55 pm

I hear a lot about this kid; he can play a bit, they say...?
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:02 pm

K wrote:
In The Age's "Top 50 AFL influencers", Nick Daicos was ranked #6. (Only one current player was ranked higher: Paddy D.)

Paddy D a great player but like anyone associated with the sleepy hollow mentality is addicted to drawing frees instead of earning the ball.

Umpires are muppets enough to fall for it all the time.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:05 pm

He did some beautiful Nick plays yesterday. Precise kicking and that lightning fast handball to JDG that resulted in a goal was simply awe inspiring.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:41 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
He did some beautiful Nick plays yesterday. Precise kicking and that lightning fast handball to JDG that resulted in a goal was simply awe inspiring.

Is it Nick Daicos, is it Naicos or is it Messiacos?

Watched the game again and this guy is sublime with his hands and feet.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:06 pm

The only question now is how good he might become, because it is hard to believe he will not grow further with experience. He arrived as such a finished package and such a work ethic that perhaps he is already close to his ceiling, which is ultra-elite, but it’s exciting to think he might grow to another level.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am

There were quite a few occasions in that Grand Final when he did things that everyone who watches the game in a non-biased way fully understands could not have been done by any other player to take the field for any team in the last 29 seasons.

The AFL needs to shift the Brownlow from being an award that rewards players for getting lots of disposals against rubbish teams to an NFL-style "most valuable player" award, in which the question is not who got the most kicks against crap opposition but who had the most influential season.

You'd think the AFL must have felt a twinge of embarrassment as their "Brownlow Medallist" was anonymous on the stage that matters, while Nick just kept doing what he did all year against all-comers - his sublime skills and lightning-quick thinking making it look (as it doees, week in, week out) like he is playing a different game to the one his supposed "competition" is playing.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:26 am

P4S the AFL is now a soulless corporate entity with zero embarrassment.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
There were quite a few occasions in that Grand Final when he did things that everyone who watches the game in a non-biased way fully understands could not have been done by any other player to take the field for any team in the last 29 seasons.

The AFL needs to shift the Brownlow from being an award that rewards players for getting lots of disposals against rubbish teams to an NFL-style "most valuable player" award, in which the question is not who got the most kicks against crap opposition but who had the most influential season.

You'd think the AFL must have felt a twinge of embarrassment as their "Brownlow Medallist" was anonymous on the stage that matters, while Nick just kept doing what he did all year against all-comers - his sublime skills and lightning-quick thinking making it look (as it doees, week in, week out) like he is playing a different game to the one his supposed "competition" is playing.

Well said. His old man was the most jaw-droppingly, uniquely brilliant footballer I have ever seen. Until now. Nick Daicos’s football brain seems to operate on a different plane, processing in teraflops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34   

Jump to: