Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
When asked if Lachlan Keeffe could come in to cover a gap in defence (If Murphy is forced into retirement).... Wright said "No, mate".

33 years old and yet to be signed by GWS.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/L/Lachlan_Keeffe.html

Wrighty says that now; if the shizen hits the fan with injures, then he's be a no-brainer in the MSD

Keeffe expected to stay with GWS now that a trade for Elliott Himmleberg fell thru. But it was spoken about, even if briefly, but those in control.

Perhaps things will be looked at more seriously now the trade period is over. I've heard Lycett is a possibility. We'll see.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:31 pm

piedys wrote:
K wrote:
Remember when Lachie did his knee against Adelaide and Heater had to play on that 2m-tall dude?
Great win that night. And Heater not short of self-praise of course!!

IIRC, 2012 at Moron Park SA.
Keeffe playing on Kurt Tippett, did it happen innocuously in a marking contest?

Adelaide were near top of table, and we were somewhat rank underdogs to pull that off; which is when we play our best - Mission Impossible interstate trips.

Here's the injury:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5nhqVU7lA
Nice intercept spoil by Steele BTW.

The game (Round: 9 Venue: Football Park Date: Sat, 26-May-2012 7:10 PM (7:40 PM)):
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2012/010420120526.html

So Adelaide scored only 3 points after that. The last two were Tippett behinds.
Adelaide were 2nd on percentage after R8, behind WC and ahead of Ess. Syd and Coll were one win behind.

Sadly, this is what happened when Tippett and Heater met two seasons later, both wearing different jumpers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXuX621fNU
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 pm

If that's so, Howe's 16-game trigger clause in his contract for 2025 becomes critical for him.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:04 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

I’m hearing he believes that Rowell at suns or a big name from GWS is gettable but they need the cash freed up

I heard months ago that Rowell was Collingwoods prime target. He’s not out of contract until end of 2025 but there is huge concern over the void soon to be left by Pendlebury and Mitchell. Many people in footy believe Rowell is the most driven, determined player in the game and McRae is also keen to maintain the standards the Pendlebury drove as a player and leader.
Watch this space, I guarantee Rowell is right up there as a priority trade target.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:57 pm

^Pity Treloar didn't go to Gold Coast at end of 2019 as was hoped for by our club.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:52 am

Pies2016 wrote:
^

Bailey Smith still on the radar as well?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:39 pm

Newelly wrote:
Bailey Smith still on the radar as well?

Smiths name didn’t come up in the conversation I was in but it’s been well documented the club was pursuing some outside run during the last trade period. The conversation I was involved in drew parallels with Qldmagpie’s comments that the club is preparing to free up a significant amount of the cap to go out and attack both free agency and the next two off season trade periods. The leadership void is as bigger concern as it is adding quality players to replace those that are close to retirement. I have no doubt will be very active over the next couple trade periods but the challenge is to replace these retiring players leadership attributes as well as their skill sets. Wright not being at the coal face is less than perfect but the world is a much smaller place these days than it used to be.
One other comment that was made to me, was that McRae ( behind closed doors and to a very selective audience) believed the current playing group may struggle to back up what was achieved in 2023. However, he also tempered those thoughts by saying, he felt we would be better again and closer to our 2023 levels in 2025. Make of that what you will because two years is a very long time in footy.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:25 pm

^^this is the content I signed up for...
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:49 pm

😂 Thanks Laurie. I thought the above post may have been moved.
I try not to get caught up in the rumour mill stuff but every now and again when you hear stuff from quality football people with proven track records of being right, there’s an inclination to post the feedback.
Point being, if people on Nicks are correctly raising the draft impact of the incoming Tassie team and our ageing superstars, then I’m sure the footy department is well down the track already preparing and planning well in advance for what’s coming.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:30 pm

loving the last three posts, yes please!!!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I’m hearing he believes that Rowell at suns or a big name from GWS is gettable but they need the cash freed up

I heard months ago that Rowell was Collingwoods prime target. He’s not out of contract until end of 2025 but there is huge concern over the void soon to be left by Pendlebury and Mitchell. Many people in footy believe Rowell is the most driven, determined player in the game and McRae is also keen to maintain the standards the Pendlebury drove as a player and leader.
Watch this space, I guarantee Rowell is right up there as a priority trade target.

Our mail is very similar
I posted in another thread (because I couldn’t find this one) prior to it hitting the airwaves last night on midweek tackle on Fox Footy
Rowell is gettable according to wright
Suns still have cap issues and the young players they got through academy selection last year will be looking at getting upgraded
There’s talk up here Luckosios may be on the nose at the suns as well

I heard we will go hard at Cadman at GWS as they have a load of young tall forwards and prospects coming through and he may be forced out to keep cheaper options
If midweek tackle is accurate (which I think they are) we will cut ties with a minimum of 2 veterans likely 3 at seasons end and will have around $4.5/$5m war chest
They said Pendles will be only veteran to make his own call on future.
All others will be decided on form, value for money and needs of the playing list
But Wright doesn’t want to be handing over any 1st round draft picks in the next 3 seasons so csn load up on some young talent prior to Tasmania coming in
Bailey Smith will end up at Geelong unless something drastic happens
I’ve heard weeks ago he had spoken to them 3 times since the end of last season and had given them the impression if he’s made a fair offer he would be headed there
But it mightn’t sit well with Holmes who’s looking for a massive upgrade and won’t do Geelong any favours after being sat out of there 2022 GF side
There’s still some lingering angst from him towards the club over it
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:16 pm

Cadman and Rowell..... Yes Please!!

So, our veterans: Sidebottom, Howe, Cox, Mitchell, Hoskin-Elliott, Pendlebury, Elliott, Crisp and Mihocek are the ones likely to be under the microscope??
If we are to have two vets retire at season's end- it would most likely be Sidebottom (33) and Howe (33). If a third goes, it might be Pendlebury (36).
That would clear up significant salary, but see a truckload of experience go out the door.
Elliott and Mihocek (both 31) would relish the prospect of Cadman taking some of the heat off them

If Smith goes to Geelong, then Holmes would certainly be on our radar.

Very interesting rumours folks.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:24 pm

warburton lad wrote:
If Smith goes to Geelong, then Holmes would certainly be on our radar.
Very interesting rumours folks.

Is Bailey Smith on Geelong's radar?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm

I can’t speak on behalf of any interest in Cadman but I do know he has strong family ties in Canberra, despite playing for the Rebels in the U18s. The Giants felt those connections would serve them well in retaining him. That doesn’t make him out of range but there are reasons for him staying put.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 pm

Newelly wrote:
Is Bailey Smith on Geelong's radar?

Geelong and Hawthorn. Smith is currently in a unique position at the Bulldogs, in that his ultimate value at the dogs will likely be determined by the retention ( or not ) of both Ugle - Hagen and English. Both will be offered significant long term contracts and if both accept, then Smiths contract renewal offer will decline accordingly. There’s a lot to play out with Smith and not the least will be how strongly he rehabilitates from the ACL injury. I’d suggest, Smiths future is far from certain with any club at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 61 of 67   

Jump to: