Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

After our hit out last weekend 2 senior players where summoned to coaches office with Leppa and told they have 3-4 games to improve there form and set higher standards or they’ll be banished to VFL for remainder of season
Both players form has been well below expectation and there GPS data, game stats and training performance has been well below acceptable levels
Coach made it clear there playing for their futures not just at the club but in the AFL
With the June/July deadline for contract decisions for veterans fast approaching I think this is the shot across the bow as a warning to all veterans
Watch this space there could be a couple of retirement announcements coming in the next month or so
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm

As much as I love a bit of inside info, I’m also a bit aggrieved that there are people inside the organisation that share this stuff.
I think it’s called cognitive dissonance.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 am

dalyc wrote:
As much as I love a bit of inside info, I’m also a bit aggrieved that there are people inside the organisation that share this stuff.

I think it’s called cognitive dissonance.

It’s been happening at all clubs for years they leak like a canoe made from cardboard
How did you think journalists get there scoops
I’ll say one thing
Most of the time the info coming out isn’t of a nature that harmful or personal
I think we all realise there’s pressure on our veterans and some of the younger players and in this instance wouldn’t be of a huge surprises to many
I didn’t name the players on purpose because that I believe shouldn’t be in the public domain until such time it becomes public knowledge from actions from the club itself
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
After our hit out last weekend 2 senior players where summoned to coaches office with Leppa and told they have 3-4 games to improve there form and set higher standards or they’ll be banished to VFL for remainder of season

If true, it sends the message our VFL side is shit and playing there is punishment. I hate this and if I were involved in the VFL I’d be bristling. I’m hoping our vFl people have some pride and make it clear most premiership teams need depth and a strong VFL — if we have that, players won’t mind playing VFL.

But anyway, apart from half a dozen players, everyone would have got the “pull your finger out” talk this year.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
With the June/July deadline for contract decisions for veterans fast approaching I think this is the shot across the bow as a warning to all veterans

Did the AFL bring in the proposed 'return of the veterans list' post the survey last year?

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm

[quote="qldmagpie67"]
LaurieHolden wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Did the AFL bring in the proposed 'return of the veterans list' post the survey last year?

What is the deadline relating to?

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm

I'm not sure about the deadline mentioned either-
One may assume that decisions are being made on careers (post-2024) in the next 8 weeks or so.
I would be surprised if anyone retired mid-season, however, there are precedents at several clubs.
There is a sense that the Club will be looking to move some cattle on to fatten up a war-chest for potential free agents.
Would not be surprised in the least if player manager continue to push up the Collingwood name for their clients to fatten up their next contracts at their existing club.
It is no coincidence that a return to consistent winning often squashes these rumours. The opposite, of course, is also true.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:05 am

warburton lad wrote:
^

Lad no one will retire during the 2024 season (other then if it’s injury based) it’s whether the club will offer them a contract last 2024
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:05 am

As with all 'rumours', they can soon become embellished with each degree of separation to a point where the rumour can start to become like a fortune teller / psychics 'insights', where we glean from them what we want to hear and the facts are really just general observations from a range of sources.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:40 am

^ Yes, the rumour really is, at its core, that the Football Department has told some players in a side with a 40% win record that if their output doesn’t improve they will get dropped. Personally, I’m startled - seriously, who knew that coaches dropped players when they weren’t playing well? Is this just another revolutionary thing we’re doing at Collingwood?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:53 am

Mock if it makes you feel good
But the rumour wasn’t based on a just any players it was on veterans and basically will decide there future at the club
I was of the impression that members of nicks where interested on gaining some inside knowledge
Perhaps not
rad 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:57 am

The thread is about ‘rumours’, if you don’t want to hear them from posters that are legitimate then why read the thread?

I for one want to encourage you qldmagpie67 to please continue providing.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
But the rumour wasn’t based on a just any players it was on veterans and basically will decide there future at the club
I was of the impression that members of nicks where interested on gaining some inside knowledge
Perhaps not

Keep posting mate. Always enjoy your insights and anything you’re hearing from the club.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:53 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Perhaps not

Love your posts. Keep them coming. TIA!!!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:06 pm

warburton lad wrote:
If Smith goes to Geelong, then Holmes would certainly be on our radar.

Holmes has now re-signed with Geelong.
Will the Cats still be interested in Smith? Or are we now more interested now that Max is gone.

As far as Cadman and Rowell, wholly hell, that'd fix some problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65   

Jump to: