Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Shane Lee

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:06 pm
Post subject: Shane LeeReply with quote

just wondering what the hell happened to shane lee! he was a good batter and was usefull withthe balL!he was one of my favourite players and i reckon he's way beta than his dickhead of a brother! WHERE IS HE!! is he still captaining NSW! i havent seen him in ages!

little help???

footy ROX!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

M8, he's just not in the Blues lineup this season. Not sure why and he's certainly not captain. Simon Katich is when Steve's not available.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:28 am

Hey, I'm a big Shane Lee fan so I have keep looking into things like this. He currently is on his way back from a serious injury, and can't bowl. He is usually in the NSW team when it is not full strength, but there is no room for him in a full strength team. He hasn't been in great touch with the bat (due to a lack of practice) and he can't bowl so there is not much pont in playing him until next year. I reckon let the bloke recover properly then he should be right next year to play for Australia again (form permitting).
Good Luck Shane!!!

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own." - Woody Allen
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:21 am

thanx a lot dudes! and hey!! he captained the side at 1 stage! thanx for the info assasin!

footy ROX!
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:19 pm

Shane Lee retires
Cricket New South Wales - 29 April 2003

Former NSW captain and One Day International Shane Lee has announced his retirement from NSW cricket today.

Lee made his debut in the baggy blue against Western Australia at the SCG in 1992-93. He played 73 First Class matches for NSW (captain 13 times) and holds the record for the most Domestic One Day matches for the Blues with 59 (captain 14 times).

A persistent knee injury, which kept Lee from appearing for NSW for most of last summer, has forced his decision to leave the game he loves.

Cricket NSW Chief Executive David Gilbert has acknowledged Lee's contribution to NSW cricket over the last decade.

"Shane has been a terrific all rounder for the Blues, scoring more than 3,600 runs in First Class Cricket, and taking 102 wickets," said Mr Gilbert. "Shane also played One Day cricket at the highest level, representing his country 45 times following his debut against the West Indies in Adelaide in 1995-96."

"On behalf of the NSW Cricket Association, I congratulate Shane on his outstanding career, and wish him well in the future" Mr Gilbert said.

Another factor in Lee's decision is the growing demands of his business career.

He is a founding partner and executive director of International Talent Management, a sports marketing and management business that has grown rapidly since its establishment more than 12 months ago.

Formed with another former First Class cricketer, Neil Maxwell, the company manages a number of elite sportspeople and has also established a number of commercial sports marketing agreements with major national and international companies.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:19 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:13 pm

One of the saddest moments of my life. Shane was an absolute briliant cricketer, and one of the most loved members of the Aussie and NSW cricket sides. My biggest disapointment was that he never played a test match. He was 12th man in the last test on the 97 Ashes tour, and if the team was picked on form, would have got the nod ahead of Shaun Young, after taking 8 wickets for about 90 in a couple of practice matches. He would have been an ideal No. 7 for the current team where Gilchrist could bat at 6. Shane could be the allrounder at 7. I feel sorry that such a great man has to retire because of constant injuries, but congratulations Shane on a great career and i wish you the best of luck with what ever else you wish to do with the rest of your life.

Congratulations Shane!
You are a true hero, and a great ambassador for the sport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: