Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Watching The Final Story 1990

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 am
Post subject: Watching The Final Story 1990Reply with quote

Today I decided to watch this short doco and it's extra features again.

It's rather gut wrenching when they're talking about Milane and also when they're looking back at the missed chances between '58 and '90.

It really is a great little film and makes you realise how special that flag really was. I'm very fond of that team and think of the happiness they brought so many supporters, including my father, who'd seen so many GF losses. My Dad was 34 at the time. I have some short memories of the day, I wish I could remember more.

Hard to believe so many years has passed since that famous day. The doco itself will be ten years old in 2022... geez.

I love how they talk about how the fight started.

I only wish there were a few more players from the day in the film. Would love to hear Wright talk about his lead up to the game including his close finish in the Brownlow.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I have the DVD at home unopened?

Might put it aside for when summer withdrawal manifests itself...

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm

I think they're all watchable on the AFL website, youtube and on the production teams website too.

"The Final Draw" was never released on DVD, but can be found online.

Would love to see DVD home releases of the old "Daicos Magic" and others, but I guess those days are gone.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:23 pm

The other thing after watching this...

I cant believe Craig Kellys son is going to play for Essendon in 2022. Gee whizz.

Stinga 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:23 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I think they're all watchable on the AFL website, youtube and on the production teams website too.

Would love to see DVD home releases of the old "Daicos Magic" and others, but I guess those days are gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-ADIfjw4U Daicos Magic here mate, what a brilliant 52 minutes of entertainment!!
Stinga 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 pm

Stinga wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-ADIfjw4U Daicos Magic here mate, what a brilliant 52 minutes of entertainment!!

And Hot Shots here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziWXt6napKM

It's wet weekend folks, so do yourselves a favour with both after the Cox Plate is done and dusted.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:52 pm

Mid 20's and sunny, don't think sitting inside watching a shitty horse race is top of the priority list Wink
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Am I the only tragic that kept a VCR just to watch 'Daicos Magic', 'Pants' and other old tapes I knew would never make it to DVD?

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:40 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
Am I the only tragic that kept a VCR just to watch 'Daicos Magic', 'Pants' and other old tapes I knew would never make it to DVD?

Dont have a VHS player. But still have those titles. Really wish they put them out on DVD. A few other old titles made it, but Daicos Magic, Daicos Hot Shots and Pants didnt. Now days streaming is the way, they'll never be on DVD. Even "The Final Draw" isnt on DVD and thats only a couple years old. I guess the market isn't there when you can Youtube/Stream.

Thanks for those links btw Stinga!

Stinga 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 pm

Presti35 wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:

Dont have a VHS player. But still have those titles. Really wish they put them out on DVD. A few other old titles made it, but Daicos Magic, Daicos Hot Shots and Pants didnt. Now days streaming is the way, they'll never be on DVD. Even "The Final Draw" isnt on DVD and thats only a couple years old. I guess the market isn't there when you can Youtube/Stream.

All good Presti, gotta share the Daics love! And "I Hate Carlton" (don't we all), I've still got my VHS in the Man Cave for the odd nostalgic visit for Daicos Magic, The Tony Shaw Video and a few others. It's next to my DVD player (with hard drive) that stores most of my dubbed old VHS game tapes from 1985 to about 2000. Just gotta find time to watch them all.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:12 pm

Stinga I have an old topfield PVR with all afternoon of the 2010 grand final I keep solely for that reason! If i could get it onto a hard drive, I would!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:49 am

Presti35 wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:

Are they on Youtube? as then you could download the Video/'s and Convert them into a DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: