Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Third Umpire Catches

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:10 pm
Post subject: Third Umpire CatchesReply with quote

Calling for third umpire for catches is getting way out of hand. I don't think batsman should walk for caught behinds but when they stand there for low catches by fieldsmen, knowing that the third umpire is gonna give them not out then the it becomes a joke and I think its really sad for cricket.

We need to get back to the old way of asking the fielder if he caught it, if he did, you walk. If you don't want to do that then at least make the umpire give a decision. Orchard was in a perfect spot to seen if Dizzy had caught Hussain and he didn't have the guts to give it coz he knew he'd be criticised if he didn't refer it to the third umpire. It's silly.

The batsman make mistakes, as do the bowlers and fielders, why can't umpires? all in all they do a great job and we should give them a go.

Fradam Wrote This
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that Gillespie caught that guy out dammit! It did not touch the ground in my mind!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

My SoNg Of ThE wEeK

"I am only here for a little while, Would you like to take me out tonight, Maybe we could talk for a little while baby, Don't hold back it's time for a love affair, Take my hand & lead me to anywhere, Maybe there's something in the air baby"
*Love Affair- Kylie Minogue*
One Of The Best Days Of My Life- December 17th, 2002! I love you Jarrod Molloy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:22 pm

Yes Fradam I couldn't agree more it's a joke! Need I remind you people the same thing happened to Slats and he got most upset when the batsman wouldn't walk! You see this sort of stuff gets people very angry and causes more problems then you think. The umpire standing only meters away should have made the call of OUT because it was nothing but OUT!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:46 pm

Honestly if the umpire in the middle isn't good enough to be able to determine a catch like that then he isn't good enough for that level of cricket....the third umpire in all cases has destroyed cricket and turned it into an ungentleman like, unsportsmanlike affair. Hussain knew he was out, but played the system...that coupled with the third umpires decision effectively made Jason Gillespie a Liar and if I was him would seek a liable case to state otherwise....it is getting rediculous....drop the third umpire and rely on honesty, integrity and class...third umpire = "just not cricket" that goes for run outs as well.....sheez next it will end up that a player has to look at the scorebaord for a decision rather than look at the other end of the pitch, because there will be no man in a white coat to aduicate.....makes me sick

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:03 am

Hussain dropped the ball, BIG TIME!!

What a wonderful oportunity for him to really show some leadership, for cricket in general, by just asking Dizzy if he caught it. He could have walked off that famous arena with head held high amidst more applause than he'll ever get for his batting.

Gilly did that recently and was heading off. He only came back because he was called back by the umpires.

If more of the leaders take the initiative on this matter, this blight on the game will disappear. As Justin Langer said, "If a fieldsman dishonestly claims a catch and replays show that to be the case, he will be branded a cheat for the rest of his career"

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 28 December 2002).]
angel 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:08 am

I hate the way the fieldsmen are made to look like liars, they should accept (the batsmen), the fielders' words that it was a legitimate catch.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:11 am

quote:
Need I remind you people the same thing happened to Slats and he got most upset when the batsman wouldn't walk!

most upset, that was the biggest uproar of all time!!!
lol!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
scud 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:01 pm

The problem with the honesty theory is that the fielder isn't all ways correct on if they catch it or not. Remember Andy Bichiel. I know there have been times when i have been playing and claimed a catch only to be told be slips it just fell short. Nothing will be full proof. Proffession players won't always do the right thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: