Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #19 Arlo Draper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
We won the draft. Forget the papers going gaga over Richmond, this moment alone had us the clear winner. Suffer in your jocks, Essendon!

Well, the papers and Richmond sorta admitted that they have no skills, and now have had to try to fix that with their drafting. Laughing

Their success was almost all down to superior fitness and injury management. Plus Dusty of course.
think better 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:55 am

Gotta love that the first few clips in his highlights package are run down tackles!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:39 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
He’s a mid/forward more than half-back. Strong overhead, great clearance work.

He’s incredibly versatile though, can play anywhere. He played off HB for SA in that champs game before getting injured and looked the goods, he’s a forward runner so better being somewhere he can see the play too.

The knock on him was his two-way running because when his opponent won the ball at the stoppage he would (literally) walk, which he improved more forwards the end before being injured. He’s a first round prospect if he can pull his finger out which hopefully comes in an elite environment. Like he looked super for say 80% of the game, if he can improve that 20% where he can be lethargic, then he’s got plenty of upside.

From Rookie Me Editor

Very good reading Dave, I’m always interested in the knocks as much as their strengths and the comments sound like they have come from a base of knowledge. If it comes down to work ethic, then the balls in his court and that’s always easier than having limitations that can’t be improved upon.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:52 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
He’s a mid/forward more than half-back. Strong overhead, great clearance work.

He’s incredibly versatile though, can play anywhere. He played off HB for SA in that champs game before getting injured and looked the goods, he’s a forward runner so better being somewhere he can see the play too.

The knock on him was his two-way running because when his opponent won the ball at the stoppage he would (literally) walk, which he improved more forwards the end before being injured. He’s a first round prospect if he can pull his finger out which hopefully comes in an elite environment. Like he looked super for say 80% of the game, if he can improve that 20% where he can be lethargic, then he’s got plenty of upside.

From Rookie Me Editor

Very good reading Dave, I’m always interested in the knocks as much as their strengths and the comments sound like they have come from a base of knowledge. If it comes down to work ethic, then the balls in his court and that’s always easier than having limitations that can’t be improved upon.

Does sound his Work Rate need Improvement and that explains why teams did not take him in 1st 2 Rounds.

Craif MaCrae would not Except that and I feel he be able to get more Work Rate out of Draper

I also like to know what the Knocks on a Prospect is

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Someone needs to upload the footage of Dodoro throwing his pen and the Essendon camp in stunned silence when we took Draper from under their noses.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:24 pm

I couldn’t find it on the coverage!

Was it AFL site or Kayo?!

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 pm

This is where alot of the trading and drafting comes together going back to last years slash and burn and ultimately our stuff up BUT we managed to salvage something and its not a bad result.
The trading out of 2021 pick 2 and gaining those multiple picks we used on the young crop from last year has served us well and we still not only get Nick Daicos but we pick up Arlo Cooper and Harvey.
Well played in the end.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Will A. Draper cover himself with glory like T. Cloak?
❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Someone needs to upload the footage of Dodoro throwing his pen and the Essendon camp in stunned silence when we took Draper from under their noses.

This might be it. 4:20 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOyYpzNfnQ
E 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:53 am

Lazza wrote:
^^^^^

That makes him a brilliant pick, possibly atoning the sad situation Collingwood experienced when they were all set to draft Joel Selwood before Geelong stuffed it up, leaving us to pick Ben Reid who wasn’t such a bad back up.

Dont forget that Melbourne pinched Salem with number 9 and we ended up with freeman at 10.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 am

I imagine Hine also threw his pen when the Bulldogs called out Bontempelli.
npalm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 am

Cam wrote:
We had to fill our usual quota of taking a player with a bad injury in the juniors.

Well it's one of the few ways you can get a A-grade talent with pick 45.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:10 am

Bucks5 wrote:

The difference here was that Collingwood deliberately set about getting the pick necessary to stuff Essendon’s selection. When Footscray drafted Bontempelli, they just used a high pick they had ahead of us.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:24 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

The difference here was that Collingwood deliberately set about getting the pick necessary to stuff Essendon’s selection. When Footscray drafted Bontempelli, they just used a high pick they had ahead of us.

Port also scuttled Dodoro when they swapped picks with the Eagles and grabbed Sinn before the Bombers pick. It was gold.
If people think Draper will be close to the steal of the draft, then keep an eye on Josh Sinn’s progress. Two years ago, he was the equal of the second best midfield type in the country ( behind Daicos of course ) The Bombers will be filthy on two counts and that’s always good for footy.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:02 pm

“We were robbed! Right in front of me!” The Essendon recruitment department’s Adelaide fan moment. Love seeing opposition get the pointy end for a change!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: