Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #19 Arlo Draper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks5 wrote:
I imagine Hine also threw his pen when the Bulldogs called out Bontempelli.

Every Recruiter would had that Happen at least once

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

The difference here was that Collingwood deliberately set about getting the pick necessary to stuff Essendon’s selection. When Footscray drafted Bontempelli, they just used a high pick they had ahead of us.

Port also scuttled Dodoro when they swapped picks with the Eagles and grabbed Sinn before the Bombers pick. It was gold.
If people think Draper will be close to the steal of the draft, then keep an eye on Josh Sinn’s progress. Two years ago, he was the equal of the second best midfield type in the country ( behind Daicos of course ) The Bombers will be filthy on two counts and that’s always good for footy.

This kid ticks all boxes, and to upset the Dons is a real added bonus. Surprised Very Happy Very Happy Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:40 pm

The General wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Someone needs to upload the footage of Dodoro throwing his pen and the Essendon camp in stunned silence when we took Draper from under their noses.

This might be it. 4:20 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOyYpzNfnQ

Ah that's not as good as I remember.

Watching it live (with friends that support Essendon) I remember it more like this: https://youtu.be/zZgGBfzLlRY

Either way, they weren't happy.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:44 pm

I have very reliable mail they were spitting chips and still are. 😂
E 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:18 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

The difference here was that Collingwood deliberately set about getting the pick necessary to stuff Essendon’s selection. When Footscray drafted Bontempelli, they just used a high pick they had ahead of us.

It was pretty cool. what i am wondering is how did we know that we had to move up two spots, but not more? he slipped from early 20's into the 40s and we never thought we had to make a move, but then we vaulted over the team that was before us? Quite uncanny.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:40 am

Bucks5 wrote:

Probably would have been a ie if not for Slobbo ranting and raving about Collingwood wanting the Bont.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:27 pm

E wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

It was pretty cool. what i am wondering is how did we know that we had to move up two spots, but not more? he slipped from early 20's into the 40s and we never thought we had to make a move, but then we vaulted over the team that was before us? Quite uncanny.

Maybe Geelong was the only Team before us that was Willing to Trade there Pick

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Read his Biggest Knock that he can be too much of a 1 way runner
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:19 pm

E wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

It’s pretty difficult to hide your interest in an interstate prospect. There are so many more layers of conversation with the interstate kids, that most clubs interviews conclude with, “ so who else has been talking to you on a regular basis ? “ The kids and parents just tell it as it is when they’re asked the question, so Id expect Collingwood were able to confirm Essendons interest in him and get in first. Draper became on obvious target with him still being there so late in the order.

The pick swap to move up the order was done with the Giants and that was only made possible because the eventual bid for the GWS N G A player ( Fahey) came in so late, the Giants didn’t need that pick to match it.
Just another sliding doors moment. If the Fahey bid came in earlier as many expected, then the Giants wouldn’t have had that pick to be able to move us up the order.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Presti35 wrote:
The General wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Someone needs to upload the footage of Dodoro throwing his pen and the Essendon camp in stunned silence when we took Draper from under their noses.

This might be it. 4:20 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOyYpzNfnQ

Ah that's not as good as I remember.

Watching it live (with friends that support Essendon) I remember it more like this: https://youtu.be/zZgGBfzLlRY

Either way, they weren't happy.

Yeah, if that was it... gotta say, was a letdown...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:21 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Read his Biggest Knock that he can be too much of a 1 way runner

Well, we are sadly lacking in that area, now we don't have the Treloar "I'm running through treacle into the backline" routine.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:32 am

Pies2016 wrote:
E wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

It’s pretty difficult to hide your interest in an interstate prospect. There are so many more layers of conversation with the interstate kids, that most clubs interviews conclude with, “ so who else has been talking to you on a regular basis ? “ The kids and parents just tell it as it is when they’re asked the question, so Id expect Collingwood were able to confirm Essendons interest in him and get in first. Draper became on obvious target with him still being there so late in the order.

The pick swap to move up the order was done with the Giants and that was only made possible because the eventual bid for the GWS N G A player ( Fahey) came in so late, the Giants didn’t need that pick to match it.
Just another sliding doors moment. If the Fahey bid came in earlier as many expected, then the Giants wouldn’t have had that pick to be able to move us up the order.

that makes sense. Only point of clarification is that i think we actually made the trade with Geelong. We gave them a third rounder next year to move down two spots on the night..

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:01 am

^ ^ ^
You’re right about Geelong. We did two pick swaps later in the night to advance us up the order ( we did three swaps overall but the Kangas swap was early ) One pick swap with Giants and one with Geelong. Geelong ( # 45 ) advanced us a couple picks higher than the swap with Giants ( # 49 ) so as you suggested, it was the Cats swap that netted us Draper and the Giants swap secured us Murley
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Just a reminder on Draper. He’s currently recovering from shoulder surgery, so he’s not participating in any contact drills until the new year. He’s going to be a bit behind for the first few months until the AC joint is 100 % healed.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Just a reminder on Draper. He’s currently recovering from shoulder surgery, so he’s not participating in any contact drills until the new year. He’s going to be a bit behind for the first few months until the AC joint is 100 % healed.

He sounds like he start the Season in the VFL then hopefully push for Senior Selection in by Mid-Season at the Earlist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: