Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australia vs. Sri Lanka

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:22 pm
Post subject: Australia vs. Sri LankaReply with quote

Look for a better showing from the Sri Lankans tomorrow. As strange as it may sound, they have a better chance to win this game than the one in Adelaide against Oz A.

Murali,Vaas and Attapattu come in, the Aussies are without their three best bowlers and if they (Sri Lanka) have any pride at all, they will be busting a gut to win.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they will be playing better but I seriously doubt they have any chance of winning!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:03 am

Today has to be the WORST Australian attack ive seen represent the country.

Brett Lee is the only half decent bowler amongst them!!!

Can someone please name me a worse Australian attack to represent this country in a limited overs International ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:10 am

AUSSIES ARE GETTING THUMPED!! STICK IT UP BRETT LEE!!!!!!!

footy ROX!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:27 am

Watson and Symonds have been exposed for the duds they are. This is an embarrassment and the selectors should feel ashamed.

Bow your head in shame Trevor Hohns!!!!!!!!

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:43 am

HOW DO U SACK THE SELECTORS!!!!!!????????????????? beven just dropped another catch! they could make 400 !!!!!

footy ROX!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:55 pm

THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Australian egos coming back down to earth.

Symonds another inept performance. Maybe he is an allrounder as he doesnt excel in anything.......lmao lmao

Gilchrist and Hayden fail to get the team of to a flyer and whammmmmmmmooooooooo the middle order doesnt provide much resistence. Martyn hung around for a while but wasnt scoring that quickly. Symonds is a small fish in a big sea. Watson who is meant to be this "Big Hitter" is shelved and Australia put Brett Lee ahead of him. Personally i think Brett Lee has the potential to be the best all rounder in Australian team as he is a better hitter than Watson will ever be and a better bowler. Ian Harvey being over looked is a huge mistake. Brad Hogg may as well buy a camera and enjoy the holiday cause he surely wont be playing

I think we need to HOHN in on the problem

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:05 pm

gilchrist looked tired tonight and i think most of the aussies need a rest before the world cup.
they should bring in some australia. a players like michael clarke/greg blewett/ brad hodge/harvs, etc. they are all in good form and were close to world cup selection.
but afta tonights performance im doubting the world cup squad totally. martyn scores way too slow, symonds isnt in form and watson shows no confidence.
it shows how much we rely on warney, mc grath and dizzy to get wickets. lee and bichel cannot lead the bowling attack

luv jess

* i luv tarkyn to infinity and beyond *
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:12 pm

Exactly there are too many passengers in this squad. Too many players who dont do anything particularly well.

I can't see how this squad will win World Cup. I have said this from day one and if im proven wrong then so be it.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:40 pm

Donny it looks like you were spot on mate the Sri Lankans did play better and they even won which is a complete and utter shock! I think the fact that all of you are blaming the bowlers is completely unfair. What did the Australian batsman do today? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Give the bowlers a break they work hard and sure the team isn't as strong without Warney, Mcgrath and Gillespie but it's not just the bowlers fault there was simply too many dropped catches, not enough runs scored by the batsman and just a shocking decision by Ponting to field first. I have probably mentioned this before but one of the commentators on tv mentioned that 9 times out of 10 when you win the toss you bat first and even on the 1 occassion you think it would be better to field first you bat anyway and I couldn't agree more! I don't think the Australians will be favourites to win the world cup anymore after this performance! However, don't think Australia are terrible after this game, they are still a very good side and the Sri Lankans were extremely pumped up for this game after what they did the other night! Sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are if the other team is pumped up there's no stopping them we should know this from the footy!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:44 pm

Actually the person I feel most sorry for at the moment is my dad. He works with a lot of cricket mad Sri Lankans and he reckons he was giving them heaps after their performance against Australia A! LoL I wouldn't want to be him at work tomorrow! My dad is most upset with Ricky Ponting and now wants Steve Waugh back LoL!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:03 am

I think the reason Ponting fielded first is that he had no confidence in his team being able to defend a total with the bowling attack he had at his disposal.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:17 am

I think your all being a bit harsh on Watson. I'm not a fan of him at all but I thought he was our best player. The fieldsmen let him down badly and he showed a bit of fight with the bat, there is nothing more the guy could've done.

Fradam Wrote This
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:25 pm

JLC that is the craziest thing I have ever heard and Fradam that is exactly what I said!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:01 pm

Why is that so crazy ?? Australias strength last night would have been their batting. I think Ponting thought whatever you guys get we can do better.

Its like in the old days when the West Indies strength was their bowling. They would bat first and whatever total the opposition would make they would think that we could do better and bowl them out for less type mentality.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: