Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andy Caddick & Opinions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:50 pm
Post subject: Andy Caddick & OpinionsReply with quote

World Beater my ass I have never ever seen an overated bowler that bowls filth and trash. He has let his country down, you would think the first over you bowl on the first morning of a test match you would atleast tie the batsman down this hack went for 10. Well Australia make me sick in cricket can't stand the side of them I'm a Die Hard West Indian fan but man England are disapointing, I'm yet to sit down an enjoy a close and competitive match this season. I have seen some classic batting from Hayden, Langer and Ponting. Such a shame Australia will lose top spot in the Test Championship after South Africa trounce Pakistan. Australia might have trounced South Africa but remember Australia drew with NZ at home, lost to Sri Lanka away, lost to India away and drew with the West Indies last time Australia was in the Carribean while South Africa have beaten everyone everywhere but can't beat Australia. Don't get me wrong Australia are a great side but how good is everyone else in the world at the moment. I can give you a big summary but I won't go off the topic any more then I already have. Tommorow I would like to see Vaughan go on with it and make a big 100 and see Hussein do something for once in his life he gets starts but never produces no wonder he only averages 38 odd. Trescothick was clearly not out today that was a bad decision by the umpire if it was the other way around and Australia were batting would they give that out? One other thing how England came into this match with only four frontline bowlers amazes me and they play Crawley and Key in the same match one of them two should not have been playing and they should have put another front line bowler in the side. Unless Vaughan kicks on and makes a huge score and the rest all contribute I think Day 4 won't last very long especially when England is at the crease.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you, Doska.

Who said Andy Caddick is a world beater? He's just an ageing Kiwi who has spent enough time in England to play Tests for them. He'd be lucky to be still playing if Gough, Jones and Flintoff were fit, let alone leading the attack. He's been dropped a few times but goes back to County cricket, takes heaps of wickets and up he pops again. Bad back and all. Lol. Good luck to him.

M8, the umpires in the Melbourne Test are not Aussies. One is South African and one is Zimbabwean. They're just giving it as they see it. Twice Trescothick padded up (no shot offered) to MacGill, way outside off, and was given not out both times and the virtual thingy clearly showed the ball hitting the stumps.

The one he was given out on was clearly not out in replay because even though the ball would've hit the stumps, he played at it and was hit outside the line of off stump. And remember, the umpire has to make his mind up about a bit of action that takes a split second. It goes both ways.

You must have been a bit happier the way England fought it out today. Now we have a fifth day in an Ashes Test. You beauty!

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:47 pm

I'm a huge fan of Andy Caddick. He's the modern day Phil De Freitas. He's the reason that Aussie batsman get a very sound nights sleep because they know they're facing him the next day

Fradam Wrote This
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:58 pm

The umpires could be from anywhere in the world but don't you think a home crowd will influence a decision made by an umpire?
I was being sarcastic when I called Caddick a world beater, well he actually looked like a world beater the last time my mob toured England (West Indies) but as you said will struggle to keep his spot if Jones, Gough and Flintoff weren't injured. He bowls trash consistantly but man that first ball he bowled in the second innings today to Langer was close. The ball was clearly going over the stumps but I rest my case again if it were Trescothick in that situation first ball of a second innings McGrath bowling and the ball pitched on line but was going over the top a big appeal from the Aussies the crowd asking the question as well I could see England been giving out in that situation. Trescothick played a ridiculous shot against MacGill but that was clearly not LBW it's these type of dismisals which Australia usually get in there favour. I was happy with todays play good hard tough cricket. I felt England needed one more player to go and make a 100 and some of the others contribute a little bit more. Nassar Hussein has been the major disapointment for me earlier in the series he questioned his side saying not even half his side are mentally tough but what about him? What the hell has he done this series? His made a 50 here and there got starts but never went on with it. What about Love with his catching ability at first slip you might have to play the guy now because Martin isn't up to it in the slips and Warne can't catch at first slip off his own bowling. Also even though MacGill took five wickets I thought he bowled pretty bad today he did well on Day 3 but today he was all over the place, as a Captain you will want your spinners keeping it tight, he tends to bowl a lot of trash. His a good replacement for Warne because Australia haven't got anyone else but watching MacGill today I can't see him bowling in a one day match because a batsman good enough will clobber him. Brett Lee is a disgrace he makes me sick that guy. Gillespie and McGrath carrying niggling injuries will they be played in the fifth test?

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:40 am

Doska the englilsh have been out plenty of times this series without being given out. Gilespie took that catch clearly, thought it the first time I saw it, thought it the tenth time. But hussain didn't walk (hmm, who was making all the noise about the last one?) and poor old butcher, nick onto the pads LBW soon after. But the very next ball was absolutely positively plumb lbw. OUT. OUT OUT OUT. the crowd was cheering, the home crowd, the bowler was on his knee, but the umpire didn't make the right decision, he gave him not out. Why? Maybe he feels sorry for the english? or maybe he just made a mistake. people do that. Trescothic wasn't out, it clearly pitched outside the line. But many many balls before that he had two LBW appeals dismissed. they were VERY close. what goes around comes around, it evens itself out.

home crowd isn't much of a factor when you have 30 000 people there and 10 000 of them are the bloody barmy army!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:01 am

Two things, Doska. Did you notice where the ball pitched when Langer was given out?

Caddick gets Matt the Bat with his first ball and takes two more to send shock waves through the Aussies. How different might things have been had Haydos been caught for a duck (as he should have been) in the first innings?

Interestingly, Caddick has a very good record in second innings bowling. Way better than his first innings figures.

Donny.

Doska^32 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:23 pm

Caddick has had a history of doing something when it is to late and like you said he does take more wickets in the second innings but he doesn't do enough and that is why he will always be an average bowler.
Langer wasn't out as it pitched outside leg stump but England haven't had many LBW's go there way this series and what about Steve Waugh that was clearly out even though the Englishman didn't appeal some of the players half appealed how can an umpire miss an edge like that at Test Match level, then the next ball Harmisson gets called for a no ball fair enough but I was burning when Steve Waugh hit a four after wards because he didn't deserve to be at the crease. Steve Waugh went out soon after but that was 20-30 runs later in the partnership with Langer. Game could have been very different, I can tell you I hate Australia with passion in cricket and I've always questioned this sides ability to play well under pressure because they usually kill teams and are rarely challenged an extra 50-75 by England would have gotten them home. I hope we see a good fifth test and an England victory but that is highly unlikely with Nassar Hussein as captain. His field places and education in the game isn't up to scratch as a captain that is. As a player he disapoints to much so for me his average.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:04 am

Hey, Doska. Any further thoughts about Caddick?

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:24 am

Caddick to decide on future later this year
Stephen Lamb - 21 January 2003

Andrew Caddick believes he will probably reach the end of the international road after he turns 35 next summer.

Caddick has led the England attack almost throughout their tour of Australia, supported by a group of largely inexperienced bowlers, and will do so again on Thursday in the first VB series final at the SCG, the ground where England last beat Australia in a one-day international four years ago.

But the fruits of success there are still fresh for Caddick to taste, after he took his first 10-wicket haul in a Test match in England's comprehensive win which prevented a 5-0 Ashes whitewash.

More responsibility has come to rest on Caddick's shoulders in the absence of the injured Darren Gough, whose new-ball partnership with Caddick has been hailed as England's best since Trueman and Statham.

"I still get excited about things; I am excited about this being my first World Cup, this was my first Ashes tour. But I am 35 in the summer and I can't see myself going further than that, I will decide then what I am going to do.

Donny.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:45 pm

I think Andy Caddick has down well this tour. At his age he shouldnt be expected to be a front line bowler. However he has taken the challenge and has done pretty well.

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:43 pm

Yeah. Lots of people like Andy. Especially Gilly!

Donny.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:00 pm

Caddick Calls it one-day Quits
Stephen Lamb - 28 March 2003

Andrew Caddick has announced that he will play no more one-day international cricket. The 34-year-old Somerset opening bowler, who led England's attack in the World Cup, intends to concentrate on Test cricket this season.

"It's always difficult to make a decision like this, especially when you've had a long career," Caddick said today. "I'm still involved in the Test side - but as far as one-day cricket is concerned it's time to call it a day.

"Playing for England in the World Cup in South Africa was a high point in my career, but I will not be around for the next one and my stepping down will create an opportunity for a younger bowler to cement his place in the one-day side.

"I've had some great moments. Coming through to beat Pakistan at Cape Town was probably a highlight - but unfortunately the game against Australia didn't go our way. But that's one-day cricket - nothing is decided until the final ball is bowled."

Caddick has played in 54 one-day internationals in a career spanning almost exactly ten years. He ended with 69 wickets and an economy rate of a shade over four runs an over. His retirement will certainly be welcomed at Taunton, as Somerset's chief executive Peter Anderson has already made clear.

Caddick also offered his thoughts on the likely candidates to fill another vacancy in England's one-day set-up.

"There are players in the form of Michael Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick - and there's even talk of Adam Hollioake coming in. All three are capable of taking on the captaincy. I'm glad Nasser hasn't thrown away the Test captaincy, because I think he's one of the best to take on the job for England."

Caddick's retirement comes at the end of an exhausting winter with England, whose World Cup campaign followed their defeat in the Ashes series in Australia.

England will now go into their next one-day international against Pakistan in mid-June with a different lead fast bowler as well as a new captain.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:36 pm

i absolutely, ABSOLUTELY hate caddick with the BIGGEST PASSION OF ALL TIME!!!! (fkn baggin the aussies weneva he gets the chance)

goddam, even just thinking of him i think my blood pressure has gone up a few notches!

grrr cant wait til that big eared feral retires so i neva have to think of him again!!!
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:54 am

Yeah, thought you'd be interested, Nat. Lol.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: