Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy with how we responded McCreery tough as nails, Lipinski was great, De Goey made st kilda look like park vomit. Ollie Henry Stepped up and Daicos Bros very good. Ginnivan has great work rate.

www.facebook/the hybernators
E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:06 am

inxs88 wrote:
Casual observations:

* Lipinski B.O.G and shrewd recruiting
* Mihocek 3, Ginnivan 2 and Henry 2 goals = 7 goals represents progress
* DeGoey professional... keep it up
* McCreery no talent whatsoever but tackling machine
* Madgen still flawed, shaky and a liability
* Cox represents us playing with 21 players only
* Crisp disappointing in new midfield role
* Nick Daicos solid beginning
* Howe: welcome back
* T Brown and Bianco disappointing

Next week:

In:

Krueger
F Macrae
WHE

Out:

Cox
Bianco
T Brown

Professional???? What a joke. Just admit you were wrong. He is a star! It’s obvious he is loved by him teammates. Only you and a couple of others so called oies fans don’t support him.

Here is what the AFL website had to say and I quote.

“SIX MONTHS after an off-season incident in America threatened to end his career at Collingwood, Jordan De Goey rewarded the club's faith in him, producing a dominant display to help the Magpies bank four premiership points on the first Friday night of the season.

While almost all the focus was on the debut of father-son draftee Nick Daicos, after the son of Collingwood icon Peter delivered 27 touches in one of the most hyped first games in recent memory, St Kilda couldn't find a way to contain De Goey, who finished with 27 disposals, 12 score involvements, five clearances and 2.3 in the 17-point win at Marvel Stadium.“

Lip in ski had a great debut and accumulated a lot of stats but only a fool or someone with uncontrolled bias or an agenda would rate his game over the match winning performance by DeGoey!!!!

I’m so glad when people reward your faith! Here it is fairly obvious this is the case.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:27 am

JDG was BOG.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:10 am

Jezza wrote:
After tonight, I'm anticipating an enjoyable season ahead. It will have its ups and downs but watching the players grow and mature together will be fun.

Agreed. It was a totally different feel and had much more optimism about it.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:38 am

After watching the replay I’m actually more impressed by the effort
We are far from a finished product but we showed loads of great signs tonight
If we maintain that effort each week we will be more than competitive most weeks
Was really happy for JDG to answer some critics he needs to be this player every week
Lipinski is a hidden gem and will on,y get better the more he plays with his team mates
Nick Daicos owned the hype and looked like he belonged
Howe is a beauty look liked he wound back the clock taking a couple super marks and being the backline general
Noble and IQ off half back breaking lines running and supporting showed what can be done with leg speed
Pendles was very good as we expect
Our ball movement at times was sublime and a credit to the new coaching staff
Our structures looked shaky a couple times but as we have seen the last couple years momentum is a fickle beast
We are playing a high risk high reward game plan.
We press up high and hard when we have the balls but can get burned if we turn it over and the opposition hit the target going back through the centre but hey it’s exciting and we will get better the more we play together
Most of the young players made a positive contribution at different times and will only get better with more confidence
Only thing is I temper my excitement because St.Kilda seem to be loads of hype and little substance but this is about us not them
I loved reading some of the posts it’s great to see so many excited pies supporters
And I’m jealous of all of you who got to go and see this game live can’t wait to get back and feel the atmosphere

On a side note P4S question
Am I misreading or misunderstanding your post re centre clearance work ?
So the way I read it is
If we win centre clearances it’s because of Grundy if we lose them it’s because our midfield is useless ?
Other winning the hit outs Grundy did basically not much tonight
His hit outs weren’t always to advantage but the work of the midfield made them look good especially Adams with his 11 clearances
He wasn’t dominate around the ground Marshall more than matched him in that area if not beating him
He had a team high 7 changers and 4 frees against as well as 6 dropped marks (only held 2 of 8 when he got hands first on ball)
He has played far better games but for me this is actually a positive it shows we have found a way to win and win well without having a dominate ruckman
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:21 am

There were two players who in their first year impressed me

Henry and McCreery

Both were important parts of our win

We have lots tonight to be pleased about

Last edited by BazBoy on Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:47 am

Well one win in the bank and that’s good—that’s what you go out to do

The whooping & cheers were to be savoured -also good

Now let’s think about the season ahead and just keep working thru wins and yes losses

My take on the player feeling after the siren was one of free spirits

Happy and can’t wait for the season to unfold

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:44 am

Didn't go to script with the whole Warne thing and being played at that dungheap of a stadium, but I'm glad it didn't and we opened the season with a win. Sidebottom actually got to play forward of centre and kicked some goals, been saying he should be used more in attack for years, more of this please McRae. Lipinski, JDG dominated. Great to see Jez doing what he does. Grundy, Crisp and Cox could be a whole lot better. Good debut by Nick Discos and glad to actually see a game plan. Still building leads and completely turning off in the third quarter and letting the opposition back in, we need to eliminate this remnant of the Buckley era quickly. Bring on the Cows next week!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:58 am

A bit on AFL news !

A Saint onward kick goes over boundary & called deliberate
Another when Magden clearly spoils a Saint mark

So the media “ It’s wrong & could have cost Saints a win”

Listen boys go back a look at countless umpires decisions that cost us

And also comment without bias

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:11 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
After watching the replay I’m actually more impressed by the effort
We are far from a finished product but we showed loads of great signs tonight
If we maintain that effort each week we will be more than competitive most weeks
Was really happy for JDG to answer some critics he needs to be this player every week
Lipinski is a hidden gem and will on,y get better the more he plays with his team mates
Nick Daicos owned the hype and looked like he belonged
Howe is a beauty look liked he wound back the clock taking a couple super marks and being the backline general
Noble and IQ off half back breaking lines running and supporting showed what can be done with leg speed
Pendles was very good as we expect
Our ball movement at times was sublime and a credit to the new coaching staff
Our structures looked shaky a couple times but as we have seen the last couple years momentum is a fickle beast
We are playing a high risk high reward game plan.
We press up high and hard when we have the balls but can get burned if we turn it over and the opposition hit the target going back through the centre but hey it’s exciting and we will get better the more we play together
Most of the young players made a positive contribution at different times and will only get better with more confidence
Only thing is I temper my excitement because St.Kilda seem to be loads of hype and little substance but this is about us not them
I loved reading some of the posts it’s great to see so many excited pies supporters
And I’m jealous of all of you who got to go and see this game live can’t wait to get back and feel the atmosphere

On a side note P4S question
Am I misreading or misunderstanding your post re centre clearance work ?
So the way I read it is
If we win centre clearances it’s because of Grundy if we lose them it’s because our midfield is useless ?
Other winning the hit outs Grundy did basically not much tonight
His hit outs weren’t always to advantage but the work of the midfield made them look good especially Adams with his 11 clearances
He wasn’t dominate around the ground Marshall more than matched him in that area if not beating him
He had a team high 7 changers and 4 frees against as well as 6 dropped marks (only held 2 of 8 when he got hands first on ball)
He has played far better games but for me this is actually a positive it shows we have found a way to win and win well without having a dominate ruckman.

Also- I admit that Sidey was excellent and was one of the main reasons we won tonight

Some excellent points made
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:17 am

I'm still in shock.

How good was that to watch!

I thought it was Pendles when Henry kicked that goal in the last, great poise.
Love the way we responded to the challenge.... who's next?!?!

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:20 am

Great early signs for a team with a new coach, footy department and list. I just want to see us improve each week on our new way forward. Still so much to do with what we’ve got up forward but we are starting with a very low base. Cox is overwhelmed by our national game and credit to him for giving it a crack but party’s over and I suspect he and the coaches know it.
Mcreery has a crack but terrible execution and decision making, but happy to cut him some slack as he will be able to improve on his decision making.
Not sold on bianco at all. But I love what Henry brings, he’s run down tackle in the last was my highlight for the match. It showed he has instinct to read the play at a different level to others and did what was necessary to contribute to the team.
First match for the year and besides the clangers it was great to see the intent from the centre clearances and stoppages. Grundy is such a work horse and our team really follow he’s intent. Yeah he’s frustrating because he’s such a unco bastard but he never hangs he’s head. Umpires gave him nothing, in fact they were down right $$%^%%$ useless all game. Clarification is needed already and the afl umpire department should look at the game and tell us what there thinking about with some of these frees.
Enjoy your weekend.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:25 am

Skids wrote:
I'm still in shock.

How good was that to watch!

I thought it was Pendles when Henry kicked that goal in the last, great poise.
Love the way we responded to the challenge.... who's next?!?!

Same!
Definitely some pendlebury about him- great signs
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:40 am

Absolutely thrilled by this win!!!!

I think Bianco may be played out of position. He just didnt seem the same last night and I would really love to see him flourish but time will tell.

Im actually surprised that we have good players still to come in.
Whe, Maynard, Kreuger, Cameron, Finlay, McInnes, Charlie , Poulter, Ruscoe and Kelly who I hope comes on this year.

Funny thing was that journos are saying that Jack Hayes has been overlooked for so long because they thought he had limitations..... Hayes at least has footy nous and he put on a clinic for everyone to see how a big fella can influence games with the things he does WITH the ball, despite his " limitations "

Last edited by magpieazza on Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:48 am

Grundy played a team game and i feel he is being asked to do things differently under fly. It's no longer all about him and some supporters need to move on as well. Cracks me up that those who crucify sidey on a regular basis note his brilliance last night by not mentioning him. Well played.

Onwards and upwards pies. Finally playing like a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: