Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL Round 1 - Pies snatch it from Hawks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I don't really understand how they came back. Top effort - all of them except Callum Brown looked to be going up and down in the one spot with 10 minutes to go. Great effort by Wilson - he continues to show, at this level, why the Club has high hopes.

Box Hill did not Deliver the Killing Blow and it cost them

Box Hill certainly had their chances late ( umps gave them a free hit late that didn’t help either ) but Jettas work on the last line in the last 10 mins kept them out.
Beggs follow up efforts out of the square were very good. Towards the end of the game, he had a Collingwood high most clearances out of the middle. Didn’t do a lot around the ground but his centre square ruckwork for a 19 year old ( ? ) were very encouraging.
Wilson remains an enigma. Another one who looks almost to good for the VFL but fails to take his chances when promoted.
The best thing for guys like Wilson and C Brown is a change of coach. A new set of eyes to judge them and without any preconceptions.
CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:17 pm
Post subject: VFL todayReply with quote

Did anyone go to the game today? Interested to see what your observations were of individual players. I saw bits and pieces of it.
- Tom Wilson's 3 goals in the last were impressive
- Begg's athleticism and follow up work very Luke Jackson like
- McInnes is exciting. Quick, physical and looks to have grown taller
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:26 pm

My Thoughts:

Begg and Johnson looked Really good on there Debut's for Collingwood. Begg looks like could be a Fantastic 2nd Ruck as can Clunk a Mark and go in the Ruck and put a Good Effort. Moves Lovely too and Good Skills. Johnson X-Factor is Huge. Can do anything.

Poulter had a Hot and Cold Game. Had a Really Good 1st Half with his Run and Carry and Skills. Very Quiet in 2nd Half but the Few Times he got into Game it ended in a Goal

Reef Good in the Middle and up Forward. Looks like not far off from AFL Game might even take Kreuger's Spot maybe

Draper did not do much but what he did was Good. Good Ball User

McMahon and Kelly looked a Mile Off so be awhile before they even get a Look into the AFL Side

Thought Macrare was Very Quiet and not looked like had a Big Impact but had 8 Tackles which is Good.

Just about the best Game I seen Wilson Play today with 4 Goals

Good Win even with the Scumps trying there best to get Box Hill to win.

Box Hill did not give the Killing Blow and we made them Pay

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:31 pm

All the stats are here, by the way - the AFL finally supports the VFL data: https://www.afl.com.au/matches/4163#player-stats
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:53 pm

^ ^ ^
Thanks

I strongly recommend all supporters should download the VFL app for everything you will need about the VFL, including individual stats as above.

Dave’s comments are close to mine but I feel McInnes is a lot further off the mark than most would think. I think he still has a lot of work to do before we see him in the seniors, particularly with so much depth in our midfield. His two goals in a minute were brilliant but I don’t see him as a great user of the footy ( the knock as a junior ) He’s has quick hands, good speed and is a great size but his kicking to advantage needs work. It will come.

Who would thought but all of a sudden, it’s not easy to break into the seniors because we have defenders to come back, a deep midfield and a forward line that is capable of kicking 100 points ( albeit rubbish opposition in the first two rounds )
The kid I have as a surprise packet, is Harrison. No matter how good your seniors are, you can always find room for more pace and good ball use.
I know he was an emergency and I can see why. I reckon this kid has a real future, particularly with a bit more muscle on him.
Johnson may need an injury in our forward line to debut but he does look like he would be worth the wait.
Conversely, MacRae, Bianco and Ruscoe over four qtrs were all “disappointing “ by their past standards but it’s only one game into a long season.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^ ^ ^
Thanks

I strongly recommend all supporters should download the VFL app for everything you will need about the VFL, including individual stats as above.

Dave’s comments are close to mine but I feel McInnes is a lot further off the mark than most would think. I think he still has a lot of work to do before we see him in the seniors, particularly with so much depth in our midfield. His two goals in a minute were brilliant but I don’t see him as a great user of the footy ( the knock as a junior ) He’s has quick hands, good speed and is a great size but his kicking to advantage needs work. It will come.

Who would thought but all of a sudden, it’s not easy to break into the seniors because we have defenders to come back, a deep midfield and a forward line that is capable of kicking 100 points ( albeit rubbish opposition in the first two rounds )
The kid I have as a surprise packet, is Harrison. No matter how good your seniors are, you can always find room for more pace and good ball use.
I know he was an emergency and I can see why. I reckon this kid has a real future, particularly with a bit more muscle on him.
Johnson may need an injury in our forward line to debut but he does look like he would be worth the wait.
Conversely, MacRae, Bianco and Ruscoe over four qtrs were all “disappointing “ by their past standards but it’s only one game into a long season.

Agree with most

Particularly Harrison- he looks a player- big bodied, composed, uses it well and from brief exposure- excellent kick for goal.
He would be the most likely to debut out of all in my view
Johnson could be anything but likely needs a few more runs in the 2s
Hitchhiker 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:20 pm

I thought there were a couple of glimpses from Cooper Murley that showed he had some class.

I'm not expecting him to debut anytime soon, but I'll be watching his progress keenly
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:22 pm

Thank you to everyone who posted updates and reports for those who couldn't watch or attend.

Nice to hear we've started the year with a win.

Based on my reading, Callum was the standout player and could be a chance to play in the seniors next week.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:31 pm

^ And just a mention that for those who couldn't watch or attend, Dave The Man has posted a link to the full replay, here: https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=90172
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:33 pm

^ Thanks Smile
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:46 am

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1088951/collingwood-starts-the-vfl-season-off-with-a-win
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: