Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Crows. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
You can't build a decent team without the joy of playing footy and expressing personality. From what we have seen already, players will enjoy coming to the club and playing in this team. It really shows how dour and unexpressive our club and footy had become. Fear of making mistakes on and off the field is a really poor motivator of people, young or old.

A very promising mindset shift, I reckon.

Absoutely.
Everyone looks like they're having fun. Helps when you're winning I guess.
How good was Darcy Moore revving up the crowd in the last quarter. I think the players are really benefitting from the crowds back at the footy!
Go Pies
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:27 pm

Fly's presser:

First time the club is 2-0 in nine years. What does that mean to you?
Quote:
"I spoke to the players about repeating behaviours. We want to be consistent around those things so that was the message at the start of the game and at the end of the game, so we're starting to get some patterns on the way we want to play. The outcome is really pleasing so we're not going to shy away from that and we're really happy with the way the first two weeks have progressed for us".

What impressed you most about the performance today?
Quote:
"There's many. The way we took territory was really pleasing. I think we were +1,000 metres in territory and won the inside 50 battle, which is just the way we want to play. I think if you come and watch us now you're starting to see a trend on how we want to play. The challenge as this game is really hard is to do it every week because the opposition tries to take things away from you. Watching the Crows and the way they went about it they tried to take a few things away from us which makes things harder, but I think territory is something we're really proud of".

Any word on the severity of Nathan Kreuger's injury?
Quote:
"I think it's probably a little bit too early to tell. He will need to get a scan but I think he might have subluxed his shoulder so we'll work out what that looks like in the next couple of days".

How did you rate Kreuger's performance?
Quote:
"He gives us a little bit of spunk doesn't he. He's got a bit of life in him. He's 100% in everything he does. He gives a good contest and he puts pressure on. It's probably unlikely he plays next week I assume, so we'll have to replace him obviously".

Will Mason Cox be potentially ready for next week's match or is it too early to tell?
Quote:
"He was close. He did a little bit of training on Thursday and he was close. He's probably another watch and see. He's got a bit of a sore ankle so we'll just see how that pulls up in the next couple of days as well".

We don't often see key forwards like Darcy Cameron being the sub. What was the thinking behind it?
Quote:
"Yeah, I thought I might get a question on this one. We just thought we didn't have much height in the game and we had probably four players with a bit of height. We learnt some lessons against GWS in a practice game. We lost Kreuger that day funnily enough and we just looked really out of sorts. We thought 'let's just cover that' so the medical sub was the reason so let's just cover that in case one of our keys go down and funnily enough it did late in the game. It would have been interesting if it happened a little bit earlier".

Jack Ginnivan's response was pretty impressive after some criticism he received earlier this week?
Quote:
"Jack is one of young players. We want to keep giving him time to keep improving and he's shown all over the pre-season that he's a player that wants to come forward with us. I'm not sure about the criticism, so it's up to others to decide whether it's right or wrong. We're just happy with the way he's playing at the moment".

The Crows came into the game with a high-possession style of play. What sort of message do you give to the players to deal with that?
Quote:
"Our pressure is really strong and if you play against us at the moment that's one thing we're doing really well. The opposition will try to take it away and one way you can take it away is through uncontested possession and keep the game a little bit more open. We worked on it all week and we'll have to keep improving those parts of our game; that slower defence if you like because opposition will start to play a little bit more like that. I thought we did it okay after quarter time and I thought we really improved on that part".

The first two wins were against sides who didn't play finals last year. Next week is a big challenge against Geelong who are a genuine contender?
Quote:
"This is the game isn't it. You can get comfortable for a little bit of time but we're obviously playing the Cats who didn't play that well last night but before that they were really explosive and had a lot of experience so it's another challenge. I think we're on a journey and I don't think we're defined by our first six weeks. We'll be defined by bigger than that and next week is an opportunity for us to challenge that against a really good opposition".

What was the reaction in the box when the sirens went off?
Quote:
"That was quite weird wasn't it, I was calling it the reverse Buddy. I've never been to a stadium where that's happened before. I must admit there was all sorts of things going on and wondering what do we do and whether it was a false alarm and what was happening. It was quite a strange experience".

Did Taylor Adams have a migraine?
Quote:
"Yeah, he had a migraine. We assessed him at 3QT and we were looking to sub him but we thought we would give him another 5 minutes and just see how he goes and just as he was coming off that was when Kreuger got injured at the same time".

Darcy Moore has great composure down back?
Quote:
"I thought our backs were sensational to be honest. I thought all of them played really well as a collective. Darcy's contest in the air was outstanding, same with a few other guys, particularly when they started to come at us a little bit. He's a really handy player to have in your backline and that group is working really well together. Justin Leppitsch is doing an amazing job".

Do you hope a deal with Darcy [Moore] is done soon?
Quote:
"I'm not going to talk about contracts".

Your impressions on Jordan De Goey, particularly in the third quarter?
Quote:
"Jordy is starting to really standout at centre bounces. He's becoming a real weapon for us, and particularly that third quarter was all around centre bounces and to get some territory from those things. He's a handy player to throw around centre bounces when we need him".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1086821/press-conference-craig-mcrae?videoId=1086821&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1648280547001

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:45 pm

Lots to like about this game. Giv sticking it up Kane. Old boys Sidey and Pendles. Game style is so much better to watch and it’s still got so much more polishing to go. Really good signs.
Krug injury a real downer. Was starting to think we had an upgrade on checkers on our hands. Hoping it’s nothing major.
Tyler Brown I’ve fully put the line through now. He’s no where near AFL standard.
Henry, when it clicks, he is going to be exciting! Seems a confidence player at the moment.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:53 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Brown wasn’t the worst out there unfortunately I have Adams. But that’s not a matter of fact, what is is the win and the way we won.
I loved Kruegers game and Mcreerys, two barometers to the way we want to play. Ps never bring in Cox the ship has sailed.

Shocked Adams nearly had more clearances than Brown had possessions Shocked

Like I said “it’s not a matter of fact”. But he butchered the ball, was well beaten in when he was actually standing up in a contest, he’s kick for goal screamed desperation for accolades, never has he kicked a footy 40m+. I must admit he scrambles well.
Browns opponents didn’t touch the pill. Take a look😳

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:03 pm

How much more enjoyable is footy when we are playing an attacking brand of football!!!

Sidey has been fantastic in the first two games. He has definitely stepped up since he was put on notice by NBB following his “laughable” effort in a practice match.

Special mention to Noble and Quaynor who have given us plenty of run and carry from half back. Their efforts have been pivotal to our new and improved game style.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:06 pm

Really excellent, even performance across the team. there were many contributors to this victory. Once again our pressure was fantastic for the first 3 quarters when the game was still on the line. I love the way we are getting tacklers to the contest so consistently. Our pressure was the major reason in the first three quarters for the Crows' errors. Once again loved the game of both Ginnivan and McCreery. I think Noble is a wonderful small defender. The mistakes he makes are more than counterbalanced by his speed, his offensive kicking and some elite skills as well (that pick up of the ball was amazing). Crisp was brilliant on several occasions streaming the ball forward, and in that 3rd quarter JDG was overpowering.
Our defensive structure when the Crows applied some heat was great. There is so much synergy between Moore, Howe, IQ, Noble and Nick Daicos was very sure of his role as well. I can hardly wait to see Maynard when he comes in next week, because he will add even more power and aggression to our defensive unit. I hope Nathan Kreuger is OK and won't miss too many games as he looked great as another mobile forward with both aerial ability and speed at ground level - a second prong in the attack alongside Checkers.
...and almost forgot...another wonderful performance from Steele. His courage and skills tonight set an example to all our young players.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:14 pm

Very impressive to back up a strong performance after a good win last week.

The experienced heads in Pendles, Crisp and Sidebottom were all terrific. We have one eye on the future obviously, but it can't be understated how important it is to have players like this leading the next generation of players and setting high standards of what is required.

Among the young players, McCreery and Ginnivan looked great. Really impressed with McCreery's work rate. Saw him running non-stop even if he wasn't getting the ball and he's an elite tackler already. Henry is still fumbly, but his talent is undeniable, which he capped off with a fantastic goal in the 3rd.

The game plan under McRae and his assistants has been a revelation. It's fast, direct and clinical when it comes off beautifully. That's been the most enjoyable aspect of watching the team so far this year.

Fire alarm situation was unique. Not everyday that happens Laughing

Life is good. 2-0 and currently on top for a few hours at least Smile

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:29 pm

Cam wrote:
Krueger was an immediate upgrade on Cox, as was Cameron when he got on, and, I like Coxy, but he wasn't great last week, injured or not.

Kreuger and Cameron are better footballers than Cox. Surely this isn't in dispute anymore.

It's a shame we've lost Kreuger as he showed so much promise today.

bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:54 pm

Great win today. Agree with most of the comments re brown. He just didn’t show enough. The thing that worries me is the ruck. When Grundy was on the bench and Krueger went in we looked terrible. We need cox or Cameron in next week regardless of whether Krueger plays. We had no second ruck at all.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
Cam wrote:
Krueger was an immediate upgrade on Cox, as was Cameron when he got on, and, I like Coxy, but he wasn't great last week, injured or not.

Kreuger and Cameron are better footballers than Cox. Surely this isn't in dispute anymore.

Gotta to plan for depth dude.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:53 pm

Lazza wrote:
Gotta to plan for depth dude.

Of course, but if all three are available for selection then Cox is behind the pecking order of the other two.

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:54 am

Two quarters of quality football were all that Collingwood needed to vanquish Adelaide by 42 points at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The Magpies had even contributors in possessions and goals, which made it very difficult to determine who starred on the day. Every player shared the load at different stages to keep the team ahead of the game when a response was required at times where the Crows closed the gap and threatened to take control of the contest. The Woods were not able to dominate clearances nor take as many marks as they would've liked, but they were able to take the game on by playing on with imperfection to produce a perfect outcome that the Crows could not replicate themselves. This game did not reach lofty heights, as there were lengthy periods in certain quarters where goals were hard to come by, while half of the game had entertaining footy which was largely on Collingwood's terms and ultimately determined the outcome of the match.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from sources such as handballs by +14 (183 - 169), contested possessions were won by +3 (139 - 136), intercept possessions had a differential of +8 (72 - 64), +8 for tackles (61 - 53), Contested Marks went Collingwood's way by +1 (3 - 2), while Inside 50s were up by +3 (54 - 51), and Marks Inside 50 won narrowly by +1 ( 9 - 8 ). Adelaide won most of the key indicators throughout the afternoon with advantages in disposals by +5 (389 - 384), kicks were won by +19 (220 - 201), +22 for uncontested possessions (252 - 230), while hit-outs had an advantage of +3 (33 - 30), clearances were up by +7 (36 - 29), with centre clearances won by +1 (12 - 11), and stoppage clearances had a margin of +6 ( 24 - 18 ). Marks went Adelaide's way by +30 (102 - 72), with uncontested marks won by +31 (100 - 69), while Tackles Inside 50 had a differential of +5 (16 - 11).

Jack Crisp (26 disposals @ 65%, 438 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 12 handballs, 6 marks, 10 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 5 Inside 50s) rediscovered form and consistency, applied excellent tackling pressure and linked up scoring chains to be the driving force in Collingwood's midfield where teammates found it challenging to win possession from the middle of the ground at centre bounces and stoppages.

Josh Daicos (25 disposals @ 64%, 454 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 21 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 15 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements & 5 Inside 50s) contributed nicely to the team's ball movement on the wing by keeping his width as an outlet where teammates could link up kicks or handpasses with him. Daicos also proved he could operate defensively with adequate tackles when it was his turn to put pressure on opponents.

Patrick Lipinski (24 disposals @ 67%, 396 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 14 handballs, 2 tackles, 2 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal) may not have been as effective nor influential as he was against the Saints, but he did set up or create numerous scoring chains when Collingwood had momentum on their side to put the Crows to bed during the third term.

Jordan De Goey (24 disposals @ 83%, 416 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 12 handballs, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 6 score involvements, 6 clearances, 5 centre clearances, 4 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) showed his true worth in the midfield where he was able to win centre clearances when most of his teammates struggled to clear the ball effectively. The clearances that De Goey won enabled Collingwood's forwards opportunities to mark or contest the ball up forward. De Goey worked equally hard behind the ball to generate rebound from stoppages or transition.

Steele Sidebottom (19 disposals @ 84%, 260 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 7 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 1 goal) produced quality over quantity by impacting the contest at key moments with superb efforts to move the ball forward at all costs, while staying involved in scoring forays that the Magpies attempted.

Scott Pendlebury (28 disposals @ 86%, 423 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 18 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 11 handballs, 6 marks, 3 score involvements, 2 clearances & 6 Rebound 50s) showed trademark poise and composure behind the ball with his ball use before being utilised with stints in the midfield during the second half to offer stabilty when the team appeared to struggle on occasions.

Nick Daicos (22 disposals @ 64%, 347 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 18 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 11 handballs, 4 marks, 4 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) found enough of the ball without being accurate nor effective. There will be emphasis on Nick ensuring he is hitting targets next weekend against Geelong to give the Pies greater security behind the ball.

Isaac Quaynor (20 disposals @ 95%, 316 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 11 handballs, 2 marks, 3 score involvements & 2 Rebound 50s) provided run and carry from defence all day which gave the team continual ball movement when Quaynor made surges on transition.

Jeremy Howe (20 disposals @ 80%, 459 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 6 handballs, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 5 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 9 Rebound 50s) displayed his strengths by judging his marks well, while proving great drive from defence with long and effective kicks to advantage or contests, particularly when he pushed higher up the field to create scoring chances.

Darcy Moore (18 disposals @ 89%, 312 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks, 4 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) displayed supreme confidence to take his marks and hit his targets with a high degree of accuracy. Moore played his part in minimising the damage that the Crows were capable of causing and producing.

John Noble (17 disposals @ 82%,185 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 2 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) combined superbly with Isaac Quaynor to generate dash off half-back when the team needed it to occur. Noble was able to curb his enthusiasm by taking short options by hand or foot when advancements were made.

Jack Ginnivan (21 disposals @ 67%, 453 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 5 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 1 goal) played his best game for the club by a long way. Ginnivan was prepared to push up the ground as a high half-forward flanker to win his own ball, and looked very lively when the ball was in his vicinity up forward where he was slightly inaccurate, but still looked very dangerous in general play.

Jamie Elliott (13 disposals @ 54%, 215 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 5 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Tackles Inside 50, 5 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) found it very hard and challenging to make leads and take marks up forward, so he laid tackles and put pressure on Adelaide's defence and impacted the scoreboard just before half time to give the Magpies breathing space and momentum into the main break.

Oliver Henry (13 disposals @ 46%, 157 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 7 handballs, 2 marks, 3 score involvements & 2 goals) did not have the greatest of games but made the most of his opportunities when they came his way.

Brody Mihocek (11 disposals @ 54%, 166 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 3 handballs, 3 marks, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements & 1 goal) had a tough game, but competed at all times and capped off a quiet encounter with a major to take into next week.

Beau McCreery (9 disposals @ 78%, 268 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 2 handballs, 6 tackles, 3 Tackles Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 2 goals) was very lively up forward with plenty of pressure and tackling, while getting involved in scoring chains, of which he bobbed up with two majors.

Nathan Kreuger (5 disposals @ 80%, 179 metres gained, 4 uncontested possessions, 4 kicks, 4 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 2 goals) made an immediate impact on club debut with two excellent goals and provided a target while he was on the ground. Kreuger was subbed out of the game after injuring his shoulder. Hopefully, he will be able to play next week and be cleared of any structural damage to his shoulder.

Collingwood's next game will be against Geelong on April 2 at the MCG. This contest will be Collingwood's first major test of the season against an experienced and proven outfit that know how to consistently win matches. The Magpies will need all divisions (midfielders, forwards & defenders) firing on all cylinders to clinch victory against all expectations next week. A victory against the Cats will have the rest of the competition sitting up and taking notice of how much damage the Magpies can produce in the 2022 season which has seen them become revitalised, rejuvenated and hungry for immediate improvement.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:09 am

A terrific all round team performance. We have a wonderfully balanced side now, and are playing an exciting brand of footy with a positive mindset. I'm actually glad we eased up a bit in the 2nd half, as we continued on with a professional controlled win, without over exhausting ourselves. We'll need all our energy next week against the Cats.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:23 am

Jezza wrote:
Cam wrote:

It's a shame we've lost Kreuger as he showed so much promise today.

Kruger maybe yes, but Cameron has never impressed me, and Cox can spell Grundy in the ruck, an if Grundy goes down injured, then we really need Cox in the ruck dept. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:
A terrific all round team performance. We have a wonderfully balanced side now, and are playing an exciting brand of footy with a positive mindset. I'm actually glad we eased up a bit in the 2nd half, as we continued on with a professional controlled win, without over exhausting ourselves. We'll need all our energy next week against the Cats.

Fully agree mate I think all 22 contributed at times a shared work load is good to see
I only got to watch the first half live as it was my son’s engagement party at our house and she who must be obeyed forbid me from watching the remainder live
I did however sneak off to do score checks and then watched the replay
Hope Krueger shoulder isn’t to bad he looked a very likely type loved his hard at it style

Floreat Pica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: