Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats pip Pies All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

To give away a lead like that must make our new coaches sick! I know we supporters that take pride in our Club feel that way. Too many of our older players failed badly. Time to now start giving a new leadership role on field to someone else. Really terrible performance tonight that in many ways predictable for a youngish side. No excuse for the older players . They let us down badly . I feel some of our senior players lack the hunger for success. We really need to look at what we are paying for these and invest in more youth.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:16 pm

I think over all it is a positive game. Yep we lost, but our first game against quality opponent and we could have been 60 points up. Yep the side needs some tinkering...I think Ash Johnson coming in would be angood move.

Play like we did in the 3rd more consistently. Without expending all the petrol tickers and we will win more than we lose

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:17 pm

Predictable final qtr. I was not surprised. Ran out of gas completely. Once Sidey went off we lost our composure a fair bit. Geelong are experts at charging at you late in the game and that is what they did once again. We are a young team that gave it everything but couldn't maintain the rage.

Very disappointing to watch it all unravel, but until we ran out of steam we were AWESOME!

There is plenty to like here. Just need to get fitter, bigger and stronger because the talent is there.

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:17 pm

duke750 wrote:

Before the game most Pies supporters would have taken a loss by a couple of goals.

Against Geelong, NEVER. They are easily my most hated side. I'd rather see Carlton beat us than those Corio Pensioners.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:18 pm

Shawthing are you ok? That's not ok man, not ok!
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:18 pm

We clearly ran out of puff in the last qtr.

McRae will have to work on tempering it somehow, so we can run out games better.

rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:19 pm

Let these cheats enjoy their shallow win.
For us, look at it this way this game plan will take a couple of years to kick in.
We're gonna be up and down all season and i hope we sneak in the 8 and hopefully get a finals win.
But its very early days and the the kids look good
pietillidie 

Cameron, Hawkins, Selwood, Dangerfield — they've been a very long time building that level of explosive power, so you have to keep perspective. Just a single power forward and we win that, so give it time.

We weren't that far off; the youngsters aren't physically there for four big quarters, while it will take time to recruit/develop a few more stars. That was still a big step forward in becoming better in the contest, while we have a number of players who struggle upstairs and who are scarred from an oppressive fear culture that sucked the joy out of footy.

duke750 

Stop complaining.

We stopped getting the football in the final qtr.

This is where we are. In some ways it might be better to realise that we aren’t top 4 at the moment. 2-1 after 3 games? Bloody hell, I’ll take that.

We are not a top 4 team yet. But we are not a bottom 4 team.

We should beat Weagles, lose to Brisbane and have a good battle at Anzac Day.

Don’t expect too much this year.

Raw Hammer 

Monco Matt wrote:
Predictable final qtr. I was not surprised. Ran out of gas completely. Once Sidey went off we lost our composure a fair bit. Geelong are experts at charging at you late in the game and that is what they did once again. We are a young team that gave it everything but couldn't maintain the rage.

Very disappointing to watch it all unravel, but until we ran out of steam we were AWESOME!

There is plenty to like here. Just need to get fitter, bigger and stronger because the talent is there.

Yeah, but by the time we get bigger and stronger and fitter Pendles, Steele, Howe, Roughead, Elliott will be gone, and we’ll have to somehow plug 5 star-superstar holes.

shawthing Virgo

Brown26 wrote:
Shawthing are you ok? That's not ok man, not ok!

What to hate Geelong? Are you kidding?
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:22 pm

High intensity effort not rewarded because our goal kicking was awful in the first half.

Third quarter was a glimpse of what we might be looking for moving forward.

I think the lads ran out of gas.

Roughead/Kreuger/McCreery automatic selections in this team. Madgen/Noble will be two that will be left out when our best are available.

When Cameron (Geelong) took his last mark, Madgen was nowhere to be seen. Says it all, really.

I would like to see Callum Brown in for Adams who was disappointing.

McInnes and Henry showed some promise once more.
Josh Daicos is an absolute gem.

Lipinski needs to become a two-way runner- his intensity needs to be higher when the opposition gets possession.

West Coast here next week an absolute must-win game to keep our finals aspirations attainable.

Our VFL is now two from two- hopefully as players return we will only get stronger and make the finals in that competition.

Floreat Pica folks.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:25 pm

Guys, I know this sounds wrong but it is better for us long-term to have lost that game. It will keep these young guys grounded and ensure they understand that they have not made it yet. We have much improvement ahead of us. I didn't like all the party attitude stuff after our first two wins.

A good kick in the pants is what we needed. Four qtrs is what you need to deliver if you want to be successful and this team cannot deliver that yet. Hope Sidey is ok, looks very ginger.

MONCO: Your life.
#26 Sagittarius

We lost our run and dare in the last quarter. We started the last quarter looking like we wanted to protect our lead, rather than go on with what we produced in the third. We looked way better when we were playing manic high pressure football and the Cats buckled under it. But once the game slowed down it suited the Cats and they were able to regain their composure.

We also got killed at the centre bounces in the last quarter and couldn't buy a centre clearance. It was disappointing that none of our mids stood up to stem the tide.

We'll learn from it and improve.
Greening gold 

Horrible night. And the bl00dy cricket in Pakistan is Aus 5/69. Where’s my book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: