Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats pip Pies All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Look as bad as coughing up a 37 point lead it will be a great lesson for McCrae and the team. Sometimes you need to play a bit of boring tempo footy to kill momentum at the start of last. We lost sight of the contest we dominated for a lot of the game and we resorted to bombing deep in the last and away from everything we had done well up to 3 qtr time.

Yeah this one got away and it hurts but in the bigger scheme of things it will be a great lesson for this group.

duke750 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:26 pm

I would not drop Noble unless there is an obvious (obvious) replacement.

Magden should play the rest of his career at VFL.

Maynard needed the run. Thought he was ordinary. Moore was overrun.

Hoskin-Elliot was ordinary. End of the road?

duke750 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:28 pm

Geelong had 2 big forwards. That was the difference. Who did we have? Medium sized key forwards.
shawthing Virgo

Monco Matt wrote:
Guys, I know this sounds wrong but it is better for us long-term to have lost that game. It will keep these young guys grounded and ensure they understand that they have not made it yet. We have much improvement ahead of us. I didn't like all the party attitude stuff after our first two wins.

A good kick in the pants is what we needed. Four qtrs is what you need to deliver if you want to be successful and this team cannot deliver that yet. Hope Sidey is ok, looks very ginger.

Yes I think despite our pain at losing to Geelong and Duckwood (who no true Collingwood supporter respects), your assessment is spot on MM.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Disappointed that the coaches weren't prepared for Cats coming back in last quarter. Der. Our defence was not shored up at all, but it was "continue to attack at all costs". There are actually occasions when defence is necessary. 🙄 Hope they learn how to manage the team in order to defend and maintain a lead.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:29 pm

Larabee wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Collingwood no key forwards

Geelong 9 goals for their key forwards

Man it would have been nice to recruit Cameron…

Been saying it for years. We need a seasoned high percentage marking goal kicker and we ain't got one, just small forwards who do their stuff but it's not going to ever win a flag.

Entertaining game nonetheless and a fantastic effort by the young Pies. Wasted shots at goal in the first quarter ultimately cost us the game.

Yep and tonight once again shows why because as exciting as those smalls can be in the third, when everyone tires in the last, a big man is exactly what you need.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Raw Hammer wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Predictable final qtr. I was not surprised. Ran out of gas completely. Once Sidey went off we lost our composure a fair bit. Geelong are experts at charging at you late in the game and that is what they did once again. We are a young team that gave it everything but couldn't maintain the rage.

Very disappointing to watch it all unravel, but until we ran out of steam we were AWESOME!

There is plenty to like here. Just need to get fitter, bigger and stronger because the talent is there.

Yeah, but by the time we get bigger and stronger and fitter Pendles, Steele, Howe, Roughead, Elliott will be gone, and we’ll have to somehow plug 5 star-superstar holes.
That is nothing to worry about. Others will come into the club, others will develop into new stars. This team is a 5 to 7 year project. Pendles, Sidey etc won't be a part of our next flag unfortunately.

MONCO: Your life.
Woods Capricorn

Out coached.
Out captained.
Out played.
Brown26 

Would be a statement to drop Adams Lad but might be a good wake up call. With due respect to Lupinski there is a reason he wasn't in the Dogs best 22, and I think you've hit the nail on the head. Who will you move from teh forward line to put McCreery in - they all did very well apart from finishing, unless you want to put Elliot in the middle more?

We were always going to struggle with only one key back against Geelong if their midfield got the footy, I just wish it was on merit not cheating umpires that gave them the win.

Great intensity in the first 3 quarters but I do worry about the back end of the season - the young fellas will run out of gas earlier, hopefully some of the ones in the twos can step up so we can at least rotate.

I think we've seen enough to say we should aim for finals (top 4 is a bit of a stretch I think) - finals experience is gold for a young team.

I'm waiting for an explanation from the umpires about why they paid the frees to Geelong instead of Collingwood, but I'm sure it wont come... At least to educate me - I must need it based on some of those decisions.

I will say though I thought they umpired well in the first half cause they put the whistle away a bit when the intensity was high, which is a good response. They couldn't stay out of the lime light for the whole game though unfortunately for us...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:30 pm

Like to see Geelong in down the track minus Duckwood, Dawkins, Dangermouse, Cameron, and a few others, they carry this mob but nothing lasts forever. As for us, young team, learning a new game plan, under a new Coach, and we learnt a hard lesson tonight, never take your foot off the pedal, never relax, ever, though we seemed to run flat last Qtr. I reckon Krueger may have made a difference tonight and McCreery too, we missed them. On to next week and take it out on the Weagles here.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:30 pm

The other concern tonight was just how often Geelong got into their forward line and had loose players and on more than one occasion they had multiple players on their own.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:31 pm

Woods wrote:
Out captained.

Well, that's weak.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:32 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Could’ve been up by more had Grundy kicked that goal, but no kicks it low straight into the arms of the GEEL defender.
They go straight up & go bang, bang…

Adams piss off, you are rubbish!

You spelled Annodam wrong
pietillidie 

#26 wrote:
But once the game slowed down it suited the Cats and they were able to regain their composure.

And that makes sense given their physicality, so they would've been mad not to do that, especially as we tired. We just need to keep developing and get our hands on one power forward and one gun midfielder. And if we keep our club a positive place where people can enjoy footy without fear of being crucified for mistakes on and off the field, we'll eventually get the Dangerfields and Camerons coming our way.

Last edited by pietillidie on Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

Had an awful feeling we weren't safe at 3/4 time.

Our game style is taxing and if you just examine last week we didn't do a hell of a lot for 2 quarters with 12 of our 15 goals coming in the 1st and 3rd quarters.

We simply don't have the legs to play the way we want for 4 quarters and the missed opportunities across the first 3 quarters cost us dearly in the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: