Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Cats pip Pies All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt we Pushed too far up the Ground as quite often we got Caught out the Back when we turned the Ball Over
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I felt we Pushed too far up the Ground as quite often we got Caught out the Back when we turned the Ball Over

This. Cats forwards standing by themselves in the final qtr because we were too knackered to run both ways.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Just me or did Billy and a couple of others take their kicks way too close to the mark?

One of Billy's was, for sure.

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:51 pm

duke750 wrote:
I must admit I hate it when forwards take set shot within 40 and proceed to kick around their bodies. Elliot could have gone back and run straight towards the goal, rather than tying to kick sideways.

Good key forwards trust their kicking in set shots.

Exactly. Footballers are conformist fashion monkeys. 10 years ago it was sleeve tattoos; 5 years ago, top knots. These days they all want to be new-wave synth players from 1982. God knows how their girlfriends are the ones who teach them how to kick, though.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:47 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Absolutely Dave, particularly in the last qtr. it’s a direct reflection of the Cats dominance in the middle and quick ball movement when they were forced to play come from behind footy. I’m guessing the Cats would have also set up higher up the ground and simply let Hawkins and Cameron win the ball one out.
We can point fingers at defenders but if all starts at the source and as others have posted, you need your very best mids ( and ruck ) in the middle if you want to wrestle back the momentum.
I have always felt goals out the back or joe the goose’s are a reflection of where a teams head is at. It really did look like we lost the plot in the last qtr.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:03 pm
Post subject: No LaReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:

Nonsense! We pushed to a forward line that can’t hold their ground against old talls that Geelong have that use their daddy bods to simply stop us getting the football. It’s time we got some big tough old dads to deal with this instead of some of our Lycra Nancy types who stand no chance . Recruit mongrels instead of players who a more suited to the Australian Ballet Company.

#26 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:17 pm
Post subject: Re: No LaReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Nonsense! We pushed to a forward line that can’t hold their ground against old talls that Geelong have that use their daddy bods to simply stop us getting the football. It’s time we got some big tough old dads to deal with this instead of some of our Lycra Nancy types who stand no chance . Recruit mongrels instead of players who a more suited to the Australian Ballet Company.

Who are some of the "mongrels" at other AFL clubs that you'd like to see in our forward line?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Had an awful feeling we weren't safe at 3/4 time.

Our game style is taxing and if you just examine last week we didn't do a hell of a lot for 2 quarters with 12 of our 15 goals coming in the 1st and 3rd quarters.

We simply don't have the legs to play the way we want for 4 quarters and the missed opportunities across the first 3 quarters cost us dearly in the end.

I was not 100% Sure we had not won it at 3 Qtr Time but I thought we might of done better then we did

Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:47 pm

Didn’t expect a win going in, but that third quarter made it worth the watch. Feel we lost it by not converting in the first half. Last quarter was tough, but it seemed just about every bounce of the ball and 50/50 decision went Geelong’s way. Can’t really complain about that either, as it went our way in the third.

This year was just hoping to be entertained, see a more edited style of footy, and watch development of the youngsters. Far from disappointed thus far!

Looking forward to next week.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Latest news is that JDG will be pinged a week for his dangerous tackle on Danger 😲
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:36 pm

Darcy Moore played quite probably, his worst game for Collingwood and Madgen just shouldn't play again,.he seems clueless on what to do and where to go. Time to bring in Will Kelly and let him develop in the back 6.In the last quarter, Crisp dashed around and then coughed the ball up on 3 occasions ,once by foot to a 2 on 1 on our forward flank, the 2 won out and kicked a goal soon after and one of his shocking handballs back into a pack rather than to an outside runner was another goal straight after. Why didn't Elliot take more time with that shite round the corner attempt which would have put us back in front with about 3minutes to go?/ That goal they easily allowed late in the 3rd qtr caused more harm than most realise and it was far too easy. I'm pleased at what we CAN do and the kids were simply out muscled by the seasoned ,but aging Geelong. Hopefully, we learn from that and someone mentioned a forward. Ash Johnston MUST come in and stay there. Cameron, even though he took a couple of strong marks and goals, is just too slow and cumbersome. Johnson can run jump and kick and has genuine pace. It's time.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:54 pm

^ It would be great to see Ash Johnson get his chance. Apparently he had a really good game in the VFL yesterday.
If JDG is out, could be an extra incentive for his selection.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
^ This reflects pretty much what Fly said in his presser. He said that our gamestyle is now very taxing energy wise, and we need to learn how to manage our energy expenditure so that it can be sustained across 4 quarters. That means in between Plan A (maximum energy expenditure) we need Plan B ("economy gear") in order to cut a balance across 4 quarters.

This is a worry because we have heard those lines before from Bucks.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:03 pm

Cam wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
^ This reflects pretty much what Fly said in his presser. He said that our gamestyle is now very taxing energy wise, and we need to learn how to manage our energy expenditure so that it can be sustained across 4 quarters. That means in between Plan A (maximum energy expenditure) we need Plan B ("economy gear") in order to cut a balance across 4 quarters.

This is a worry because we have heard those lines before from Bucks.

^if so, definitely not in the same context.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:46 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Latest news is that JDG will be pinged a week for his dangerous tackle on Danger 😲

would seem unlikely as Danger had no ill effects whatsoever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: