Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to WC . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it on good authority Sidey was seen getting a coffee this morning, smiling away at the barista like he'd just won a gold medal! Senior player and all!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:52 am

Sidey, yet to have 20 disposals this season. Yesterday was his lowest did kick 2 goals in Rnd 1 but hardly impacted the scoreboard since.

Looks like he is just cruising out there.

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:15 am

inxs88 wrote:
Darcy Moore doing contractual victory lap interviews with 3AW 90 minutes before the game says everything. Hey Darcy:

* Learn how to kick above 3 ft off the ground
* Learn how to take McGovern like intercept marks
* Learn how to take Barrass like intercept marks
* Learn how to inspire a team not just TAKE from the club
* Learn how to educate a backline team

Oh yeah linguini arms Noble who loves a busy start to a game then goes missing for 2.5 quarters, how about winning a one on one critical marking contest against Rioli next time! Frauds.

... So, you want a guy you reckon can't do anything TEACHING??? <snip – reel it in a bit, please. Thanks, David for BBMods.>
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:19 am

I still maintain that with all the wasted scoring shots, that it’s only our lack of efficiency that cost us the last two games despite late game fade-outs. That Geelong game was a hammering in all areas except the scoreboard. I look at that as a nine goal win gone begging which at the very least means we are able to mix it with the best of them. Yesterday was an ordinary game but we did enough to win by 5 goals but once again, poor kicking. You’re not looking at a bottom team by those metrics. Plenty to be happy about.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:34 am

Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
can't decide who is worse, WHE or pumpkin-head Madgen

Madgen every single day of the year. The sooner he's gone the better we will be.

And Cameron, WHE should have been gone last yr, had a shocker last season too. McCrea now has had a decent look at us, and i thiink he has the nous to know what we require for the future, via the draft. As for this season, just keep getting games into our kids, all we can do now.

Why not run through the whole list, you traitors? At the very least, they're playing in Collingwood jumpers, for their spots. Tearing them all down <snip – no need to get personal. Thanks, David for BBMods.> is hardly encouraging 'em to try harder.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:48 am

It was confusing last night.

The last thing I would have been doing would be kicking long into our 50, with Hurn, Barrass and McGovern there.

But we continued to do it.

So, was it the players following coaching instructions or the players not following coaches instructions.

Very odd.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:53 am

One story of last night was that a WAFL midfield stood up and, I think, pretty much broke even for clearances.
I didn't expect that (even with Jordy and Tay missing). So congrats to them.

Otherwise, same old.
If our key forwards could kick straight from 30m (or less?) we would've won.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:00 am

The criticism of Sidey after the game is unwarranted. If you want to criticize, criticize the way we celebrate after kicking a goal. We go over the top whenever we kick a goal. Watch the way WCE celebrate when they kick a goal. They’re relatively restrained because they know they have a job to do until the final siren sounds. With us I think under a new coach it’s about the playing group proving to the coach that they have the capacity to win games of football. Do they go out with the expectation that they are going to win, or do they go out there with the expectation that they can win? There’s a subtle difference between the two. That’s what we have to sort out as a team and until we do we’re going to have a very up and down season. Our last quarters of football in our last 3 games have been shocking. We know we have the legs to run out games. It’s completely uncharacteristic of what we’re capable of doing but it’s in keeping with a team under a new coach that is finding it’s feet.

Ok, what to do next week against Brisbane? Personally I wouldn’t change much. What good does it do substituting Cox for Cameron? Wilson showed a bit yesterday. It’s his first game as a forward. Surely we need to give him some slack. He, Kreuger and Mihocek have the potential to make up a pretty potent forward line. We lose Elliot but we can cover his loss by playing Josh Daicos up forward and moving WHE to the wing. And there’s McCreery to come back.

Our back line is a concern. I’d prefer playing Crisp as a permanent half back, Dean or Roughead at FB and Moore at CHB and Pendles back where he belongs in the centre of the ground. Until we have our preferred defensive set up we’re just going to be leaking goals every week.

Midfield is another concern. Lipinski was never going to be a panacea. He struggled to get a game with the Western Bulldogs. Worse, Lipinski has pushed MaCrae out of the side. We need to start playing guys like Poulter and MaCrae. I don’t think we’re far away from being a good side. We’re definitely not bottom six. We’re definitely not top six either. At the moment we’re a midfield side like a lot of other teams, having it’s ups and downs.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:27 am

I’d give Lipinski a bit of time before we judge. Remember crisp before he came to Collingwood. Agree on McCrae and Poulter playing.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:45 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
I have it on good authority Sidey was seen getting a coffee this morning, smiling away at the barista like he'd just won a gold medal! Senior player and all!

He's been smiling since 1991, that's how he rolls. Has been far from our worst performer.
Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile Very Happy

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:55 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
Disappointing result today.

I knew this was going to be a danger game.

Had a Bad Feeling nearly all weak that we would lost this Game

Unlike you to be pessimistic

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:55 am

Three players I see as crucial to winning pocession at centre bounce and forward 50 stoppage are close to return

Tay & De Goey closely followed by McCreery

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:07 am

Well, that wasn't good. A few notes on various players:

Sidebottom: Look, he's been really good for us for a long time, but he fell off last year and he needs to be told that this is his last year. He's 2010 Tarkyn Lockyer.

Josh Daicos: Don't really understand why everyone is so in love with him. He's pretty average, not nearly as damaging with the ball as he should be.

Nick Daicos: Yeah, he's a gun. If he has anything like a normal development curve, he'll win Brownlows (plural). Can't remember the last time we had a guy this good this young.

Tom Wilson: Not a great game, but I think worth persisting with.

Callum Brown: Starting to think he's this generations Kyle Martin. Too good for the reserves, but can't play at senior level. Still, looks better as an in and under mid than a half forward.

Darcy Cameron: I know everyone's down on him, but his worst games (which this was) are roughly on par with Cox's average games, so he has to stay.

Darcy Moore: A good player, but he gives away one completely unnecessary free kick away right in front of goal every single game.

Will Hoskin-Elliott: Has had his moments with us, but this needs to be his last season.

Jack Madgen: When's Roughead coming back?

Oliver Henry: Needs to be dropped and work on his game in the VFL. He's good when he has a direct shot at goal, but contributes literally nothing else.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:10 am

Johnno75 wrote:
I’d give Lipinski a bit of time before we judge. Remember crisp before he came to Collingwood. Agree on McCrae and Poulter playing.

Lipinski is fine. He was ok yesterday and better than that in previous weeks. I don't think anyone thought he was going to be a star here and he won't be, but he's perfectly serviceable.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:12 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Sidey, yet to have 20 disposals this season. Yesterday was his lowest did kick 2 goals in Rnd 1 but hardly impacted the scoreboard since.

Looks like he is just cruising out there.

Your brain is just cruising if you think that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: