Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to WC . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
I’d give Lipinski a bit of time before we judge. Remember crisp before he came to Collingwood. Agree on McCrae and Poulter playing.

Lipinski is fine. He was ok yesterday and better than that in previous weeks. I don't think anyone thought he was going to be a star here and he won't be, but he's perfectly serviceable.

After four rounds, I couldn’t agree more. Averaging about 24 touches a game and disposal efficiency in the mid seventies. Kicked three goals in four games. You would take that for pick forty odd any day of the week. If he keeps that output up every week, he would poll very well on B and F night.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:58 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Whatever happens, we need to bring Steele Lazybottom in against the Lions this week. His run and carry have been sorely missed along with his 4 quarter efforts.

I wonder whether any of you are going to look back at your stupid comments about Sidebottom and feel embarrassed by them in a decade's time. He's presently equal-fifth all time for games at Collingwood and will become outright fifth if he plays another game. Len Thompson, Wayne Richardson, Gordon Coventry and Tony Shaw are all in the AFL Hall of Fame. And Pendlebury will be, too, the moment he's eligible. Sidebottom is getting near the end of his career - but it's cheap to refer to him as lazy and imply that he doesn't give a 4-quarter effort.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:16 pm

Cold light of day, and loss still rankles a lot. How the hell can we have 20 more inside 50s and still lose ?? Look Weagles had guys out, yes, but at least they had forwards, Darling Kennedy, and old McGovern continues to torment us. Our forward line baldy missed Elliot when he went off, not to mention no McCreery, no De Goey, who was crucified, no Krueger, who was brought into bolster the forward lines. Injuries are plaguing us yet again, has not ended cos Bucks has departed. Elliott now gone for months. Roughead must come in soon as possible, downback. WHE is cooked, Cameron must never play again, and Magden, well, surely Kelly must be an upgrade on him, surely ?? We wont beat the Brisvegas up there, no way Jose, id be happy to have a red hot go and go down by 30 points. Look, this season we will win bout 8 games, thats it, realistic, this is a re build year, just keep playing ALL our kids, bring back Poulter now say, keep playing the kids, get as many games into them as we can, and go to the next draft and get a key position forward, like Darling, Lynch. , Our Magpies are a work in progress, folks, so patience is a virtue. Our new Coach has had a good look at us now, he knows what is required now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:33 pm

Bottom line is we are paying too much money for very average players that cost us dearly . We are therefore unable to fund younger stars and end up having to play these expensive seniors, because to not give them game time would be disastrous. Well if losing to clubs like the WCE isn’t already disastrous? I am worried we have jumped too quickly signing long term deals for too much cash. Hope I am wrong, but Clubs need to be prepared to stare down modern player managers and call their bluff. Be prepared to let big priced players go and invest your salary cap more evenly across great younger up and coming talent . Anyway why should footballers be paid more than nurses, teachers, scientist’s, etc. what does this say about the dumb society we live in?
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Return of the baldfacts wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Return of the baldfacts wrote:
For the second week in a row, it has been our inability to convert which has cost us. Our midfield was better than theirs, as it should have been given their personnel. However, their defence and attack was the difference. They stopped us from scoring and were scoring far too easily.

I think we stopped ourselves from scoring. There was a fair bit of face-palm goal-kicking by Collingwood players again this week.

Perhaps the most telling statistic about forward-efficiency may be this: West Coast kicked 14 goals - the players who kicked 13 of those goals (Kennedy 3, Rioli 3, Darling 2, Ryan 2, Edwards, Langdon and Naish 1 each) did not kick any behinds and the other player (Waterman) kicked 1.1. By contrast, the Collingwood players who had the most shots on goal also had misses (Ginnivan 2.2, Mihocek 1.2 (and others that missed the lot), Cameron 1.1).

It is worth reflecting on the fact Kennedy had only 5 disposals for the day. 3 of them were goals. Cameron had 5 kicks and managed 1.1.

Other teams have great accuracy against us because we give up a ton of marks inside 50 which means relatively easy set shots. What would West Coast have kicked if their kicking for goal had been "average"? Maybe 12.5 or 13.4 instead of 14.3, not a huge difference. They weren't just pulling goals out of their arse from the boundary line or outside 50, they were just converting simple set shots from medium - short distances. Same as last week.

Actually 2 of Kennedy's goals were much harder shots then the sitters we were missing. He kicked one from outside 50 and another from the boundary line. Unfortunately Mihocek set the tone in the first when he marked between the goal and point post and his snap missed everything by 20 metres.

I mean, I'd agree that our goal kicking was bad, and that with even average goal kicking we'd have won, but theirs wasn't noticeably good despite the impressive looking conversion rate. If you give up easy shots, you're going to give up good conversion rates. Kennedy's couple of goals were the only ones you wouldn't really expect them to kick and they even missed a couple of easy ones.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:41 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
Whatever happens, we need to bring Steele Lazybottom in against the Lions this week. His run and carry have been sorely missed along with his 4 quarter efforts.

I wonder whether any of you are going to look back at your stupid comments about Sidebottom and feel embarrassed by them in a decade's time. He's presently equal-fifth all time for games at Collingwood and will become outright fifth if he plays another game. Len Thompson, Wayne Richardson, Gordon Coventry and Tony Shaw are all in the AFL Hall of Fame. And Pendlebury will be, too, the moment he's eligible. Sidebottom is getting near the end of his career - but it's cheap to refer to him as lazy and imply that he doesn't give a 4-quarter effort.

Yeah, I don't think it's about effort at all, his legs are just gone. It's pretty sad, but it happens to everyone eventually, and he lasted longer than most.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

100% I’m so over it

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:31 pm

It never ceases to amaze me some people here would delist a player (Sidey) who would walk straight into a dozen other clubs and play in their best 22, but want Jayden Stephenson back, a player nobody wanted and North only did the trade because Geoff Walsh pulled some favours. It makes me question all their other opinions and if they need medical attention for a knock on the head. Adams and De Goey back and Sidey will be back to embarrassing the critics next week. We never saw the best of him because he played Eddie Everywhere due to our lack of midfield depth, Treloar, and Buckley’s game plan that Sidey wasn’t getting the best out of himself with. The mid-life crisis booze up and unexpected fatherhood plus the Beams situation, the lockdown hubs and no crowds (he loves the big crowds and always has time for the fans) also saw him drop his form in recent years. He looks like a new man this year, given the confidence by the coach to play his natural game and not be a robot. This round saw his Achilles heel (West Coast tag) on top of us missing some bigger inside mids to pick up some slack. After the final siren, when our other players were backslapping and laughing with the WC players, Sidey was standing looking filthy at the scoreboard — that’s all I need to know where his head and heart is.

Sidebottom’s one of the club’s greats and deserves respect.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:54 pm

Not many of our players can say they played their best footy 2019-2021.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:06 pm

With Tay and JDG back, and Elliot out, hope Sidey returns to his role we saw the first two rounds. He’s at his best there.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Mate, you cobble together your own picture in your mind all you want.
Reference where anyone I torched his career. Reference where I said he wasn't going to have a legacy.
Why don't you wake up and smell the roses. Yours isn't the only view on here.
It's all very well to comment on a group of young players, but a sacred cow? C'mon, try getting some objectivity into your posts and what is being called out, his current form.

I'll continue to call it the way I see it and on current output, you'll be left defending the cold facts of day time and time again.
He'll have his moments but the longer you play a bloke beyond his twilight years, the more they'll come under scrutiny.

The Club has kept him on too long. Do you think he'd still be playing at Hawthorn, Geelong or Richmond? The Club haven't made hard decisions, just emotional ones. So don't get emotional when the spotlight is put on.
Our list management is an abomination, try starting there.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:19 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
It was confusing last night.

The last thing I would have been doing would be kicking long into our 50, with Hurn, Barrass and McGovern there.

But we continued to do it.

So, was it the players following coaching instructions or the players not following coaches instructions.

Very odd.

Nothing odd about it at all. I saw players following instructions based on the need to ingrain a style that becomes second nature. There's no point thinking about plans B and C when you've barely started learning plan A.

The risk at this stage is confusing a young team by being all over the shop and not backing in the coach for the long haul. Unless we have a clear style we can't develop players accordingly or recruit the right players for that style. Over time we'll not only get smarter going into the forward line, but we'll also shake our flaky reputation and start attracting the Kennedys and Camerons to beat big-bodied defenders.

Don't lose sight of this being a complete rebuild and reset.

rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:23 pm

We are 2-2 and with a bit of luck could've been 4-0 with a crap list. Saints are smashing hawks and suns are smashing blues so we know this year will have it's crazy permutations and momentum swings for most clubs.
I like this game style, and we should give the kids a chance to fully perfect it.
Let's face it we don't have a single gun big forward but we might aswell persist with the game style with the cattle we have so when the big forwards do eventually arrive we already have the game plan perfected for them to slot in nicely. It may take a couple of years but all clubs who experience great eras go through this. It's the only way.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:31 pm

We are back in the 8 -at 8th and enough percentage to cover Suns if they too
are two & two

Yep 8th 👍

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:00 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:

Mate, you cobble together your own picture in your mind all you want.
Reference where anyone I torched his career. Reference where I said he wasn't going to have a legacy.
Why don't you wake up and smell the roses. Yours isn't the only view on here.
It's all very well to comment on a group of young players, but a sacred cow? C'mon, try getting some objectivity into your posts and what is being called out, his current form.

I'll continue to call it the way I see it and on current output, you'll be left defending the cold facts of day time and time again.
He'll have his moments but the longer you play a bloke beyond his twilight years, the more they'll come under scrutiny.

The Club has kept him on too long. Do you think he'd still be playing at Hawthorn, Geelong or Richmond? The Club haven't made hard decisions, just emotional ones. So don't get emotional when the spotlight is put on.
Our list management is an abomination, try starting there.

So, you do think it's OK to take the cheap shot and - as I said "refer to him as lazy and imply that he doesn't give a 4-quarter effort" - because you're cross with the list management. Give it a rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: