Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to WC . All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that made my night a bit better, the Bluescum got smashed by the Suns, now I feel a bit more perky. LOL.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 pm

Yes me too
Go Suns you rippers

Return of the baldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 pm

Me three. Great to see that arrogant smile wiped off their faces.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 pm

I was ridiculed for suggesting it was worth trying Peter Wright, who was up for grabs for a bag of crisps.
Ill just leave it at that.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:14 pm

magpieazza wrote:
I was ridiculed for suggesting it was worth trying Peter Wright, who was up for grabs for a bag of crisps.

Given our cap issues, I’m not sure we could afford a bag of chips at the time.
How we got to that point is another more complicated story.
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:21 pm

derkd wrote:
A top eight finish this year (while making us feel better) might actually be detrimental to our build. We need quality high picks.

We were never going to play finals this year....bottom 6 for sure. It will probably be two years before we play finals. But yes, a quality forward and/or high picks are needed
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:47 pm

I'm amazed at the negativity here on Nicks. Pre-season, many were predicting us as wooden spooners or close to it this year. So far we've won 2 from 4, and were in winning positions in both our losses.

Given our sparce KP stocks, we've been hit hard by the injuries to both Kreuger and Roughead. Once they return - hopefully Roughead this week - I reckon we'll get a clearer picture of where we are at. Right now, we are obviously in re-building mode, with us getting valuable games into the likes of Henry, Ginnivan, Bianco and McInnis. FWIW, I'm eagerly waiting the return of McCreery, who could be a genuine star. I might be delusional, but in 2-3 yrs, I wonder if he could become a midfielder, where his fierce tackling could make him a fair dinkum wrecking ball. His only problem might be that he'd be reported every second week!

Seriously, we are tracking well imo, and have some genuine emerging talent in the ressies waiting for their opportunity to step up, in Johnson, McCrae, Poulter and Harrison.

My advice to everyone is not to get too focussed on our win/loss outcomes this year, but rather the development of our players and their growth as a team.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:51 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Given our cap issues, I’m not sure we could afford a bag of chips at the time.
How we got to that point is another more complicated story.

Pretty sure we had enough for a 50g packet and now hes worth a carton of family sized Red Rock Deli

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm amazed at the negativity here on Nicks. Pre-season, many were predicting us as wooden spooners or close to it this year. So far we've won 2 from 4, and were in winning positions in both our losses.

Given our sparce KP stocks, we've been hit hard by the injuries to both Kreuger and Roughead. Once they return - hopefully Roughead this week - I reckon we'll get a clearer picture of where we are at. Right now, we are obviously in re-building mode, with us getting valuable games into the likes of Henry, Ginnivan, Bianco and McInnis. FWIW, I'm eagerly waiting the return of McCreery, who could be a genuine star. I might be delusional, but in 2-3 yrs, I wonder if he could become a midfielder, where his fierce tackling could make him a fair dinkum wrecking ball. His only problem might be that he'd be reported every second week!

Seriously, we are tracking well imo, and have some genuine emerging talent in the ressies waiting for their opportunity to step up, in Johnson, McCrae, Poulter and Harrison.

My advice to everyone is not to get too focussed on our win/loss outcomes this year, but rather the development of our players and their growth as a team.

Well said mate. I hated losing to those arse holes but having taken a deep breath and letting a day pass, we are doing ok. Some very good days ahead.

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:22 pm

For the second consecutive week, Collingwood squandered numerous opportunities to convert goals at crucial times during its loss to West Coast by 13 points. The Magpies were poor in the first term, before competing with dominance at various stages over the next two quarters, then the final term eventuated with little to no productivity to close out the game as winners, which allowed an extremely accurate Eagles outfit to capitalise on their opportunities when the game was there to be won. Every time that Collingwood looked like controlling the game when they kicked goals, West Coast were able to strike back with majors of their own to neutralise any dominance that the Magpies had in general play and the scoreboard. Ball use from the Woods was below par whenever they bombed their forward entries to opponents that know how to take intercept marks, which enabled the Eagles to get their marking game going with chains of uncontested possessions with minimal pressure provided by the Magpies. This aspect of Collingwood's game needs to be tightened up with smart and wise ball users kicking to the team's advantage to get clearer and easier looks at goal which allow more chances for victories to occur in the coming weeks and months that will follow until the season's conclusion.

Collingwood won the vast majority of their statistical categories from sources such as disposals by +14 (352 - 338), handballs were won by +22 (146 - 124), uncontested possessions were up by +17 (223 - 206), +5 for intercept possessions (75 - 70), while hit-outs had a margin of +3 (34 - 31), +1 from clearances (35 - 34), with stoppage clearances won by +4 (25 - 21). Tackles had a differential of +27 (68 - 41), Tackles Inside 50 were won by +8 (13 - 5), while Contested Marks had an advantage of +6 ( 14 -8 ), Marks Inside 50 were won narrowly by +1 (13 - 12), with Inside 50s up by +19 (61 - 42). West Coast won their categories from kicks by +8 (214 - 206), contested possessions had a differential of +7 (136 - 129), with centre clearances won by +3 (13 - 10). Marks were in favour of the Eagles by +11 ( 99 - 88 ), with uncontested marks claimed by +17 (91 - 74).

Nick Daicos (32 disposals @ 78%, 490 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 27 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 19 kicks, 13 handballs, 7 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal assist, 10 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances & 5 Inside 50s) enjoyed his most prolific outing to date with periods spent in the midfield to generate supply to Collingwood's forwards. Daicos worked hard everywhere to win possession, take marks and contribute to scoring chains in a manner that amazes every Collingwood fan this early in his career. It is highly pleasing watching him play at a level beyond his years, and long may it continue for the foreseeable future.

Jack Crisp (29 disposals @ 76%, 676 metres gained, 13 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 14 handballs, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goal assists, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 9 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) had an impressive game in the midfield where he gave Collingwood's forwards plenty of looks to mark or contest the ball. Crisp was also a viable link on transition from defence, and his work from stoppages was really solid.

Josh Daicos (28 disposals @ 68%, 435 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 13 handballs, 6 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) thrived on the wing where won plenty of possessions, and booted an impressive goal during the second term. As my main man (favourite player), I would like Josh to be smarter with his kicks going inside 50. Knowing his distance when having a shot and dishing off to the team's advantage will be worth the watch with him going forward.

Brodie Grundy (19 disposals @ 47%, 336 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 33 hit-outs, 14 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements, 8 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 5 stoppage clearances & 7 Inside 50s) competed strongly as he usually does in the ruck and laid plenty of tackles, but his possessions did not go anywhere to advantage from clearances that he was able to win himself. Grundy's kicks inside 50 need significant improvement if Collingwood are going to win matches.

Scott Pendlebury (23 disposals @ 91%, 338 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 11 handballs, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 8 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) displayed excellent ball use to the team's ball movement, while having stints in the midfield to bring stability where the team needed it while he was in there. To have high score involvement numbers while playing in defence is a testament of Pendlebury's ability to impact the game in a different position. Can't praise him any higher than that.

Brayden Maynard (22 disposals @ 86%, 511 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, 6 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) responded strongly after an indifferent performance against Geelong. Maynard was back to his best where he won possession behind the ball and looked to kick long to contests or the team's advantage at every opportunity.

Darcy Moore (14 disposals @ 71%, 245 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 4 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles & 4 Rebound 50s) relied on his marking and kicking game to generate ball movement from defence.

Jeremy Howe (14 disposals @ 93%, 290 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 4 handballs, 5 marks, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) had a very similar game to Moore, where he also relied on marking and kicking from defence, but played a bit higher so he contributed to a few scoring chains that did not amount to very much.

Tom Wilson (16 disposals @ 81%, 381 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 4 score involvements, 6 Inside 50s & 1 goal)
found his feet as a forward by winning his share of the ball up forward, and it was nice watching him snap his first AFL goal after dropping a mark that I'm sure he would've liked to take.

Brody Mihocek (13 disposals @ 62%, 217 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 8 marks, 6 Contested Marks, 5 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 2 goals) was absolutely heroic with several pack marks, and kicked a couple of goals. However, it was annoying to see him miss a goal he would normally convert in the last quarter. Mihocek needs to convert goals that he has been missing of late and give the team confidence every single time he has a shot within range.

Jamie Elliott (12 disposals @ 83%, 159 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 9 tackles, 3 Tackles, Inside 50, 2 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 centre clearances & 3 Inside 50s) was a viable alternative in the midfield at centre bounces, where won clearances, got the ball forward and laid several tackles up forward and in the centre square. Absolutely heartbreaking for Elliott to injure his shoulder and be out of action for three months. Finding victories without Billy will not be easy, as he will be missed at times until his return in July.

Jack Ginnivan (12 disposals @ 58%, 241 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 goals) contributed to the team's score by being involved in scoring chains, and chimed in with a couple of majors without looking convincing. Ginnivan has a knack of drawing head-high frees like Joel Selwood and Luke Shuey have been doing for years. Odds are, if Ginnivan keeps drawing those frees, the team will be able to score more goals.

Collingwood's next game will be against the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on April 14. The Magpies will need to make adjustments to their line-up from Saturday's game to be ready for action on Thursday night off a 5-day break. There will be a lot of emphasis on smarter ball use going inside 50 when Collingwood has the ball up forward, while ensuring that it converts more goals than they miss against an imposing opponent in the club's first interstate game of the season. Make an Easter statement Woods, and defy expectations when nobody expects it to eventuate.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:06 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm amazed at the negativity here on Nicks

Really?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:07 am

we really missed DeGoey. He is by far our best player.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:11 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Cold light of day, and loss still rankles a lot. How the hell can we have 20 more inside 50s and still lose ?? Look Weagles had guys out, yes, but at least they had forwards, Darling Kennedy, and old McGovern continues to torment us. Our forward line baldy missed Elliot when he went off, not to mention no McCreery, no De Goey, who was crucified, no Krueger, who was brought into bolster the forward lines. Injuries are plaguing us yet again, has not ended cos Bucks has departed. Elliott now gone for months. Roughead must come in soon as possible, downback. WHE is cooked, Cameron must never play again, and Magden, well, surely Kelly must be an upgrade on him, surely ?? We wont beat the Brisvegas up there, no way Jose, id be happy to have a red hot go and go down by 30 points. Look, this season we will win bout 8 games, thats it, realistic, this is a re build year, just keep playing ALL our kids, bring back Poulter now say, keep playing the kids, get as many games into them as we can, and go to the next draft and get a key position forward, like Darling, Lynch. , Our Magpies are a work in progress, folks, so patience is a virtue. Our new Coach has had a good look at us now, he knows what is required now.

The issue is that our avenue to goal remains difficult as we don't have enough threats up forward. crying out for a player anywhere near as good as Cloke was when he was in decline! remember how we crucified him back then. We didn't know how good we had it!

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:37 am

So good to see the blues lose.

I am happy where we r at but I can only see cap issues preventing us rising to the top and that gives me the ....s

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Exacto Mundo, Rudey! And we weren’t far off a win against the Eagles. Cats either, stats wise. We’re tracking better than I thought we would at this stage, can’t wait to see us with more games in the kids and a settled 22.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: