Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

along with whe and cameron and the brown brothers
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:40 pm

On Sidey... alot of us had him BOG a few weeks back against the Crows... cooked, nah, I get the feeling he might be sooking a bit being left out of the centre square, like Treloar did with the Dogs. But it has to happen, as we phase in replacements for he and Pendles. I hope Pendles starts in the guts against the Dons to give him a chance to beat Hird's ANZAC medal tally. Ginnivan is playing the Sidey role when he plays, so Sidey has been relegated to the non-Josh Daicos wing and he isn't seeing alot of it.

Adams is a big problem, we badly need his grunt, aggression and never say die approach but can't afford his disposal into forward 50. For some reason he was given space last night and didn't connect with his kicks very well.

WHE is a proven goal kicker and bobs up regularly in front of goals despite low general numbers, and whilst I'd be loathe to lose that given some of our machine gunners up there it might be time to get Poulter in again in his place.

slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:51 pm

We are one decent KPF away from being a premiership contender.

Well done Fly and the coaching team for giving this team new belief and hunger.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:08 pm

slangman wrote:

I think we have one!
Kruger is a monster! I think he’ll quickly become our go to KPF. His attack is first rate
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:17 pm

Three losses
Geelong 13
West C. 13
Briz. 7
Thirty three points or less than two goals per game
Against two teams in form to make finals

No loss or losses are desirable but as someone pointed out trying to learn a new style with youth and aging seniors

We aren’t too bad really

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:38 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Three losses
Geelong 13
West C. 13
Briz. 7

No loss or losses are desirable but as someone pointed out trying to learn a new style with youth and aging seniors

We aren’t too bad really

Not as bottomed out as many so-called experts in the footy media predicted.

We may not play finals, but we will finish 9-12 or thereabouts at worst I think.

Quincy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

We still have to improve our midfield. Neill torched us. Pendles did okay but his opponent better. Adams butchers the ball, Crisp pretty good but decision-making poor at times. Howe better but got exposed again when in contests against bigger players. Jordy finished off well, not bad before then but not as much impact as we would like.

Brown not up to the level. Cox far from the level. Cameron should not play again at the level but we may be forced to from time to time.

Daicos bros looking good though stats sometimes lie about their impact.

Kreuger is fun to watch.

Moore was the best defender on the ground for the 1st 3 quarters before moving forward and Champion Data rated him our 3rd best player, so that is a plus.

Magden is a worry and continues to make some horrendous errors.

Not a huge fan of Noble but thought had we played we would have had more run. Reef looks a bonus for the future. Not sure about Wilson. He does some good things but disappears like Hoskin-Elliott.

Grundy is struggling a bit.
DT 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:14 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Three losses
Geelong 13
West C. 13
Briz. 7

We aren’t too bad really

Not as bottomed out as many so-called experts in the footy media predicted.

We may not play finals, but we will finish 9-12 or thereabouts at worst I think.

I agree with your assessment of the likely finish. If we do and the players continue to learn McRae’s game plan and remain competitive then we will have had a good year. It is so much more enjoyable watching the Woods play this year

Usurper 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:21 pm

the fuzz wrote:
slangman wrote:

I think we have one!
Kruger is a monster! I think he’ll quickly become our go to KPF. His attack is first rate

Agreed, decently talented, but more importantly - he's hungry for the ball, aggressive in play.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:24 pm

think positive wrote:
jatsad wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well I’m home from the game safely be it 449am shhhh don’t tell Mrs Qld she won’t be happy
I went today expecting a loss. We are 4 games into a new game style with 21 players aged 21 or under on our list
We are trying to develop and educate a lot on the run which isn’t a perfect way
I said in the warm up we looked really good and relaxed and we started that way
Our effort can’t be denied the guys tried there back sides off all night
Our issue still remains we lack players who can execute there skills consistently
From Sidey shank out of bounds to Pendles errant handball to Adams hacking kicks forward to open team mates
A few things hit me seeing us live for the first time this year
1. The hype around Nick D is real he is a talent. He finds time when there is none and mostly makes good decisions
2. Roughhead was way under done he will be better for the run
3. Playing so many talls didn’t work. We would have been better served playing a Noble as a small pressure forward or persisting with Henry
4. Cox can’t play anymore. I like the guy but he dropped at least 3 soda’s last night
5. Magden gets a lot of flack and some times it’s deserved but gee he has a crack and offers effort on effort on effort
6. We lack composure to much and it’s by experienced players more so than rookies
7. Krueger is one to keep faith in. He has something about him
8. We need to rethink who plays inside and who plays outside. Too many times last night we had Adams with the last kick going inside 50 he needs to be on the bottom of the pack giving it to Pendles or someone else
9.:If Grundy has any morals he will tear his own contract up and play for free the remainder of the year. We actually looked more competitive as a team when he was on the bench. It’s the same old story when he’s getting clearances we are losing. He lacks so many facets to his game. Often his opponent drifts forward and impacts play. He doesn’t hurt them the other way. He would be worst big man mark in the game
10. Howe is a general and earned his pay cheque twice over last night
11. Pendles is just being Pendles again
12. I think in time we will see more benefits from the IQ to Nick D to Josh D to a leading forward to goal scenarios. That’s the future
13. Our forwards lead to pockets not straight at a team mate to often
14. My mate I went with commented we are momentum killers. When we have it we find a way to kill it off ourselves without much effort from the opposition. In term one we were a 4 goal better side yet went in only 2 goals up.
15. McInnes is one to watch he presents well and gets into dangerous places
16. Moore seems to be struggling with the new style we are playing in defence. Leppa needs to sit him down and unlock what he was doing this time last year
17. Move Maynard into the middle. His left boot would be better suited booming it forward from forward of centre than out of defence. He would be more suited to a tagging role than Pendles
18. Josh D is doing so many good things he needs to realise at times he has more time than he thinks and lower his eyes a little
19. WHE doesn’t offer anywhere near enough to justify a spot most weeks
20. JDG is a mid who goes forward to kick goals stick with that. Seeing him standing in the goal square on a centre bounce with his hands on hip when we are losing the centre battle makes no sense

Finally the elephant in the room Sidey
Look I’ve never rated him as highly as many but have always respected his efforts and durability
Some mightn’t know there was a couple of high profile former magpies in the crowd last night watching. One Nathan Buckley. We could see bucks from our seats and he seemed heavily invested still in what was going on. The other was Dane Swan who was gracious enough to give us 15 minutes of his time post match. We quizzed him on the young guys and he was upbeat saying there’s plenty to work with. He’s a huge wrap for both Daicos boys purely on the dedication to training. I asked him straight out what’s up with Sidey his reply was He’s Cooked
I’ve been reading the match day comments and those here and many see it the same way.
I’m not for dropping him it really won’t fix what’s wrong with his game. He way to slow to play the style we want to play. He isn’t impacting our performance in a positive manner (take away his last pass to Moore with a couple seconds to go what else did he do last night) he runs between the arcs basically clicking over his gps that’s it. He had McCluggage Lyons Ah Chee and Berry all spend time with him last night and all impacted the game while playing in him. He wasn’t being used as a tagger far from it the ball bounced and they run off him and he couldn’t respond.
We have 2 choices as I see it
Firstly he plays solely and totally as a small forward where he is still smart enough to contribute to the team with a goal, a couple assists and some direction for the young players
Or secondly
time for a tap on the shoulder and say mate it’s time announce it now play a fair well game on Anzac Day on the MCG we are moving on without you
Dropping him to the VFL to finish his career isnt right he deserves better than that

Well we have a good break until Anzac Day now let’s hope we spend that time honing our kicking skills both in front of goal and in general play

Completly agree with your thoughts on Sidey. Been banging on about it for years now, he could be our best small forward, even at this age. He is very smart around goals and could be our version of Luke Breust. He is far too slow to be playing midfield.

Pretty good assessment, as I think Rudey has said, Sidey has earned a shot as a small forward. Yes he’s getting on, his best may be gone, but I still rate him. 2 things he did last night standout for me as real leadership moments, checking on Krueger, and then when all hell broke loose he stayed with Josh to calm him for goal, as others in the game thread noted.

He still has so much to offer even if he’s not getting 30 touches a game.

This is a bunch of kids and oldies who have only just lost 3 games against supposedly better, clearly more experienced teams, eventually they will hold on, I can’t wait for the party!

Jojo I agree he has a lot to offer as a small forward with direction and he’s still smart between the ears he hasn’t lost that
The issue as I see it is we want to play quick manic football which isn’t his style. He’s never been quick across the ground and years of hut running he’s done takes its toll on his legs like it would for any player
As a small forward he can apply pressure crumb packs lay a tackle or 2 give direction and be our general there
It would be a huge advantage to the younger players like McInnes Henry Krueger Ginnivan etc to have some of his football smarts there sharing advice
He could easily pop up for a goal or 2 a week as well. He’s a decent set shot in front of goal as well better than 60% over his career
As I said many times I don’t rate him as highly as many others and thats cool we all see the game differently but he still does have value to the team in its development phase for sure
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:33 pm

Hey I know it’s not a part that had impact but I thought the big Lion who late crashed a small player then tried the same💩on a bigger bloke got more than he bargained for

That Krueger is one strong beast you sorted that thug out mate

CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Cam wrote:
On Sidey... alot of us had him BOG a few weeks back against the Crows... cooked, nah, I get the feeling he might be sooking a bit being left out of the centre square, like Treloar did with the Dogs. But it has to happen, as we phase in replacements for he and Pendles. I hope Pendles starts in the guts against the Dons to give him a chance to beat Hird's ANZAC medal tally. Ginnivan is playing the Sidey role when he plays, so Sidey has been relegated to the non-Josh Daicos wing and he isn't seeing alot of it.

Adams is a big problem, we badly need his grunt, aggression and never say die approach but can't afford his disposal into forward 50. For some reason he was given space last night and didn't connect with his kicks very well.

WHE is a proven goal kicker and bobs up regularly in front of goals despite low general numbers, and whilst I'd be loathe to lose that given some of our machine gunners up there it might be time to get Poulter in again in his place.

Sidebottom isn't spooking. He wants to play on the wing.

The last 2 weeks, Josh Daicos on the opposite wing has had around 20 possessions by half time. This would suggest the ball is spending a hell of a lot of time on the opposite side of the ground..Very hard for Sidebottom to get high numbers if the ball is on the opposite side of the ground. He is still gut running, getting back in defence to help, and putting the ball on the chest of a teammate inside 50 (Reef and Moore last night).
CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Watching the replay bit by bit:

Cal Brown's pressure and tackling very good. Some quality handballs out to teammates also.

The run of 6 goals by the Lions was helped by a) our errors b) terrible umpiring. One passage that led to a goal had Answorth open hand scoop to a teammate in clear view of umpire, ball goes to Mccarthy who got tackled by Brown and he tried to handball but threw it. Lions kick it forward and goal.

Same time frame, Cox tackles Andrews who tries to fend but gets caught, throws it up with one hand and punches it with the other. Cox would have been having a shot from about 35.

Adams had a shocker. Being crook at home with Covid for a week wouldn't help anyone's preparation. Tay is one guy who needs to work on his skills consistently. He'll bounce back.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:32 pm

Look the team has a downer but only lost by 13. I have the feeling that they will lift for Anzac Day and play much better. We can win it unless the bummers play out of their skins. Quietly confident that we will rebound strongly and win.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:45 pm

slangman wrote:

You’re kidding yourself if you think we’re one player short

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: