Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

rambler wrote:
Please Fly. just drop Cox and Madgen for the rest of year. Play kids in their place. It's not like we're making top 4 this year

Add Sidey to that list please, so Poulter can have a game on the wing.
WHE could have a rest too.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pendles misses next week. He was very sore in the ribs in the final minutes.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:31 pm

You don’t get points for losing but a better showing than I expected. Felt like they probably had another gear to go to - and if they haven’t then they are pretenders.

To be within a kick given the batsh1t crazy team selection we went with was pleasing. Notable Wilson and Cox spent the last 10 minutes in the bench and I wouldn’t be surprised if the sub was tactical (like every other club does) rather than injury related.

Forward line woes continue though. The truth is we don’t have the personnel but we just have to find a way to score with what we’ve got. Surely that includes ginnivan and Henry can crush it in the VFL and earn a spot back in.

Anyone still want to stick with Wilson? Not sure we can have Adams and Cal
brown in the same team either - both very similar in and unders with questionable foot skills.

With a bit of luck we see a stronger team run out against the Bombers - a win in that game is now really important.

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:32 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Competitive all night which was good to see without ever looking like winning the game which was disappointing. Was nothing to get exited about at any stage, just was never really close enough.

Bit flat on this one, I think 7pts probably flatters us a fair bit, we looked 4 or 5 goals off the pace most of the time. Hard to pinpoint specific areas that let us down, we really are a team that is 10% off on most aspects of the game. But, we are getting the ball inside 50 enough compared to our opponents, so you would have to say our forwards still let us down above all else.

Still think our defenders need to be a lot better one on one. Our mids try their guts out until they're knackered but they do seem to work inefficiently. I feel too many are running around unnecessarily and should stay spread out a bit more. Cover ground that way.

In any case, the result was a good one without winning. Not a disaster.

Look this is a Collingwood side fighting outside its weight division. Needs alot of work still we are carrying player who probably shouldn't and won't be on the list next year. I am not sold on Cameron, Cox, Brown is an almost player, WHE is almost done as is Sidebottom.

When you consider all of that. they played well. We are an 8th to 14th side....

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:33 pm

Great Effort to get in with Single Digits after the Terrible Side that was Selected

No Shock Moore and Kreuger was a Massive Upgrade from the 2 Duds in Cameron and Cox.

Also Brought Nobel on for Cameron and we looked way better

Both Daicos good Again.

De Goey good last Qtr just Missing for 1st 3 Qtrs

Hopefully last AFL Games for Madgen/C Brown/Cox/Cameron

Return of the baldfacts 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:34 pm

Showed great character. Expected them to blow us away. Excited about what Kreuger and Reef can bring for us. Nick Daicos will only get better once he adjusts to the pace of the game. Cox and Cameron in the same side doesn't work, to be honest both are not up to it. Have we another option in the VFL?
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:36 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Great Effort to get in with Single Digits after the Terrible Side that was Selected

No Shock Moore and Kreuger was a Massive Upgrade from the 2 Duds in Cameron and Cox.

Also Brought Nobel on for Cameron and we looked way better

Both Daicos good Again.

De Goey good last Qtr just Missing for 1st 3 Qtrs

Hopefully last AFL Games for Madgen/C Brown/Cox/Cameron

Always been my knock on him. I won't be unhappy if he head elsewhere next year if we can land another top 10 pick for him...win!

doriswilgus 

Let’s be honest,I’m sure most people here thought we would get absolutely thrashed at the Gabba with the side we selected.It was a meritorious performance,and we did run out the game well,which is pleasing to see.Once again,it was a dysfunctional forward line and one bad quarter( the second this time) that cost us in the end.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

You can understand why Nathan Buckley seems a new man this year. Why would anyone want to coach this team? Although I gave him votes Jack Crisp can’t kick. Our vice captain Taylor Adams also can’t kick. Mason Cox can’t play. Callum Brown just handballs. Sidey takes any option with the ball in his hands except the obvious one. Our best player De Goey has a problem with the grog. The shining light is Nick Daicos. His older brother is having a good year too. It was obvious McRae was rolling the dice in the last quarter sending Moore down to the forward line. We never looked like beating Brisbane though. McInnes is definitely a find and needs to be persevered with. Kreuger is another who offers us something in the forward line. And Quaynor has his faults but he gives us that run off the backline. I would hate to coach this side. When McRae gets back to Melbourne Wright should call him into the office and announce a pay rise for him. Whatever he’s on the club should double it.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:37 pm

I suspect Fly has seen near on enough to know who he will be able to work with.
The end will come quickly for some.

While our personnel will look different by mid year, it won't be an easy transition, so I hope we get behind Fly in the interim.

Can't really take too much from that match, there was some pretty uninspiring football skill execution.
When an ageing legend is near on your best player, and full plaudits to him, who else is stepping up? A first year player is about all that we have to build our hopes around.

At present, I count 5 players whom I believe would start in any 22 in the comp. And only 3 in an AA Under 22 side. We need three more drafts to get close to acquiring the personnel required for a legitimate final 8 push.

Operation get Tarranto.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:37 pm

Can’t believe the margin ended up only 7 points. We were a lot further away i thought. A few gimmes from 50s but they got more than their share of bullshit frees. To even stay in touch without Mihocek and Elliot and Ginnivan and McCreery is just nuts. And Roughead clearly shouldn’t have been out there. Like a limp stick of celery.
Frustrating night, but never expected to win. Shame we didn’t capitalise on the two last weeks we should have won.
Mason is cooked. I rest my Cox.

Last edited by didick on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm

This was a milestone performance.
Confirmed what Fly said 2 weeks ago. We did not fade against Geelong because of physical fatigue. We failed due to the mental and emotional effort of adhering to a game style that we are still learning.
Tonight we confirmed that we are physically strong enough, and mentally as well.
We have found some beauties in Reef and Kreuger.
We are mentally tough enough.
I take so much optimism from that game.
We had 80% of our preferred forward line out, yet almost won the game.
Well done to our coaches and the team.
With Beau and the Genie about to come back, I think Anzac day is looking pretty good.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm

Adams should either never be allowed to kick the football or never be allowed to play senior football again. One or the other. He can choose.

Maynard is borderline too. The same players undoing all the good work with the same horror show kicks. And the less said about Madgen’s toddler handballs to his team mate’s feet the better.

Enough is enough.

Cox, Madgen, Brown, WHE … thank you, but your services are no longer required.

I usually don’t name names, but the only way to improve is to part ways with players that completely bring down every good play with amateur junk.

If this club is real, it needs to stop playing the same culprits, or seek to trade them, an develop a REAL professional football team.

We could have actually won this game. Unfortunately it takes the brilliance of the likes of JDG to try to save the day and repair the rubbish dishes up by so many of his VFL-calibre team mates.

P.S. I think we can all agree that Roughead will be better for the run. The less said about his game the better.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Tonight’s takeaways:

Cox - the experiment is over
Madgen - it never really started
Brown - too good for VFL, not good enough for afl
Adams - ffs - get him a kicking coach
Crisp - good game but stop taking everyone on
Sidebottom - either move him forward as he is great around goal or force him out - just too slow now
WHE - done

Overall good effort but poor early kicking for goal cost us

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:40 pm

Howe's performance was underrated tonight. The one defender who was reliable throughout.

Made multiple spoils against Brisbane's talls (i.e. Daniher and McStay) and was willing to even leave his direct opponent to help his teammates.

Last edited by Jezza on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:41 pm

Good competitive performance again. Lost it in the second when Bris dominated possession and kicked 6 in a row to get four plus goals up. Fix that part of it and a win is for there for the taking.
Similar to the other games where they match it and better for large chunks of the game but let them off the hook for crucial periods. Getting over that that is a work in progress. At least they ran out the game stronger this week winning the last q for the first time this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: