Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
You can understand why Nathan Buckley seems a new man this year. Why would anyone want to coach this team? Although I gave him votes Jack Crisp can’t kick. Our vice captain Taylor Adams also can’t kick. Mason Cox can’t play. Callum Brown just handballs. Sidey takes any option with the ball in his hands except the obvious one. Our best player De Goey has a problem with the grog. The shining light is Nick Daicos. His older brother is having a good year too. It was obvious McRae was rolling the dice in the last quarter sending Moore down to the forward line. We never looked like beating Brisbane though. McInnes is definitely a find and needs to be persevered with. Kreuger is another who offers us something in the forward line. And Quaynor has his faults but he gives us that run off the backline. I would hate to coach this side. When McRae gets back to Melbourne Wright should call him into the office and announce a pay rise for him. Whatever he’s on the club should double it.

This. X100

slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:48 pm

Jezza wrote:
derkd wrote:
I like the idea of throwing Moore forward...our forward line look instantly better and more organised.

We tried it last year.

Looked okay for the first game and then he was non existent in the next two so I’m a bit sceptical that it works well long term.

If we persist with Moore forward for the remainder of the year, we will win more games than if he plays in defence.

Moore, Mihocek and Krueger….that’s a forward line that you can work with!!!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Jezza wrote:
Howe's performance was underrated tonight. The one defender who was reliable throughout.

Made multiple spoils against Brisbane's talls (i.e. Daniher and McStay) and was willing to even leave his direct opponent to help his teammates.

Yep, easily the best defender. Don't know where Darcy's head was tonight. In the clouds I think, because he just didn't seem to be fully switched on, as defender anyway.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pep 

We fought all night. Thats what we as fans want most. So happy with that.

A same old Collingwood problem, had more inside 50's but with 34% efficiency.
We need a decent consistent forward. yeah we all now that.
But we need another class mid that can deliver like Pendles can, yes we have Nick Daicos, but all the teams have 2 or 3.

Feel like the defence needs to bit tighter/accountable/organised...

Not going to blame the umps, our kicking inside F50 was our issue.

People kept putting Cal Brown down, I thought he was okay. 12 Disposal's at 75%, 7 tackles and 27 pressure acts. I know he needs to impact a bit more or be consistent... wouldn't be surprised if he's picked again... but would i prefer Poulter or McCrae come in? Yes I would lol.

Last edited by Pep on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
magpieazza 

magpieazza

Well this week answered a few questions for us.
It sounds like 90% of us here at Nicks are on the same page of what our team will look like next week and a cheeky 50 on the pies next round could be a value bet.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:49 pm

Some key statistics:

Centre clearances: Grundy 5, Adams & De Goey 3.

Clearances: Crisp 11, Grundy 7, Pendlebury, Adams, De Goey & Lipinski 4.

Contested possessions: Crisp 17, Grundy, Lipinski & Pendlebury 11.

Inside 50s: De Goey 8, Adams, Crisp & Pendlebury 6, Sidebottom, Maynard & Lipinski 5.

Score involvements: De Goey 7, Sidebottom, Kreuger, McInnes & Pendlebury 6, Crisp & Josh Daicos 5.

Goal assists: Pendlebury 3, McInnes 2, Sidebottom & WHE 1.

Intercepts: Moore 10, Pendlebury 8, Howe 7, Quaynor 6, J Daicos, Maynard & Madgen 5.

Tackles: J Daicos 9, Adams & Crisp 8, Brown 7.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:50 pm

think positive wrote:

Wow,that’s a bit positive, you have a fever? Doesn’t affect us marvel characters that come from coode island!

Why do you only appear when we lose?

Go away you plague rat!

You obviously got nothing better than to troll my posts, get a life 😂

I am currently on holidays enjoying the magnificent weather, you can fester in your Coode Island shit for all I care!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
You can understand why Nathan Buckley seems a new man this year. Why would anyone want to coach this team? Although I gave him votes Jack Crisp can’t kick. Our vice captain Taylor Adams also can’t kick. Mason Cox can’t play. Callum Brown just handballs. Sidey takes any option with the ball in his hands except the obvious one. Our best player De Goey has a problem with the grog. The shining light is Nick Daicos. His older brother is having a good year too. It was obvious McRae was rolling the dice in the last quarter sending Moore down to the forward line. We never looked like beating Brisbane though. McInnes is definitely a find and needs to be persevered with. Kreuger is another who offers us something in the forward line. And Quaynor has his faults but he gives us that run off the backline. I would hate to coach this side. When McRae gets back to Melbourne Wright should call him into the office and announce a pay rise for him. Whatever he’s on the club should double it.

Well, that is not a very smart comment. Nathan Buckley had a major hand in creating the list that we have.
But oh well, let's not comment any further.
Of course he rolled the die, that is what you do when the situation is desperate yet hope still exists.
Why are you slandering JDG??
McRae and our team were very competitive against Brisbane at home, while we had 80% of our preferred forward line out.
Why should this game men that he should hate coaching our team??
Can't understand such negativity in response to this performance.

[/quote]

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:51 pm

Jezza wrote:
Howe's performance was underrated tonight. The one defender who was reliable throughout.

Made multiple spoils against Brisbane's talls (i.e. Daniher and McStay) and was willing to even leave his direct opponent to help his teammates.

BOG for mine. Kept us in it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:52 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
This was a milestone performance.
Confirmed what Fly said 2 weeks ago. We did not fade against Geelong because of physical fatigue. We failed due to the mental and emotional effort of adhering to a game style that we are still learning.
Tonight we confirmed that we are physically strong enough, and mentally as well.
We have found some beauties in Reef and Kreuger.
We are mentally tough enough.
I take so much optimism from that game.
We had 80% of our preferred forward line out, yet almost won the game.
Well done to our coaches and the team.
With Beau and the Genie about to come back, I think Anzac day is looking pretty good.

Great post

Boot 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:52 pm

Has Collingwood ever won a game after Darcy Moore is moved forward in the last quarter? Although he got on the end of a couple of goals tonight I still prefer to have him driving forward from the back line.
Nathan Kruger looked promising till he lines up for set shots😡
Jordan DeGoey is still our best player.
Magden finds ways to give up goals but he does provide some strength and desperation in the full back line. Unfortunately I don’t think he is going to be in Collingwood’s next finals team.
Cox had a poor game but with Cameron appearing to be injured we may continue to persevere with Cox as the 2nd ruck who can pinch a mark up front.
Reef McInnes looked promising as a leading forward. Be handy if his set shots were better😡 He should get better with a couple of years experience.
Crisp does well but just tries do do too much which is frustrating. Very consistent and is just a shade off being a star.
Callum Brown was his usual self , tries hard but lacks enough weapons to hurt the opposition.
Both Daicos boys are doing well. Josh is improving every year and so far this year is doing well in his wing position. Nick will be great but may get tired in this 1st year. Hoskin-Elliot doesn’t do enough.😡
Grundy does some great ruck work. Would love to see him give more drive.
Disappointing to loose but it’s a development year.

Pep 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:53 pm

derkd wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Great Effort to get in with Single Digits after the Terrible Side that was Selected

No Shock Moore and Kreuger was a Massive Upgrade from the 2 Duds in Cameron and Cox.

Also Brought Nobel on for Cameron and we looked way better

Both Daicos good Again.

De Goey good last Qtr just Missing for 1st 3 Qtrs

Hopefully last AFL Games for Madgen/C Brown/Cox/Cameron

Always been my knock on him. I won't be unhappy if he head elsewhere next year if we can land another top 10 pick for him...win!

I understand what you guys are saying, but if JDG kicked 4 goals against us, and 3 in one qtr, you would be pissed lol. Unless we won haha

Last edited by Pep on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Considering i thought pre game, a fuur goal loss, im pretty chuffed about that very competitive effort. A bottom two team, ran a top four team to only seven points, on their own pissing ground, was a terrific effort, very pleasing. Tweak the team a bit m ore, coupld of inns and outs, and we can get back on the winning list pronto. Now we have a long rest, so load up for the big Anzac day clash, and hit the Bombers real hard, we cannot go 2-4, time to hit back hard, against a team about equal too us. Yeh, im quite pleased tonight, we had a red hot go, all i ask for.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

ANNODAM wrote:
think positive wrote:

Wow,that’s a bit positive, you have a fever? Doesn’t affect us marvel characters that come from coode island!

Why do you only appear when we lose?

Go away you plague rat!

You obviously got nothing better than to troll my posts, get a life 😂

I am currently on holidays enjoying the magnificent weather, you can fester in your Coode Island shit for all I care!

Actually I’m in my beach house on the coast! No rats!

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:55 pm

^ Not on the Bellarine I hope!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: