Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a lot more to be pleased about than disappointed. Make no mistake we are on an upwards trajectory, with a real chance to play finals this year and fight for a flag in a year or two.

Sure Sidey has slowed up, but he still has elite skills and smarts. I still think there's a spot for him as a permanent small forward. Adams was returning from COVID, so deserves a bit of slack. He'll be better next week. Roughead was clearly underdone, but I expect him to improve also, making Moore's job easier. The only players I think are not up to it are Cox and Callum Brown.

I understand some of the criticisms of Madgen, but to my mind, the guy plays good hard footy and gives his all each week. He will no doubt lose his spot when Dean eventually comes in, but until then, he's the best we've got. Sadly, I doubt Kelly will make it as an AFL player - though I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure about Wilson. I'm yet to see him take a single contested mark, and for a bloke his size, he needs that in his arsenal.

Hopefully we get back Mihocek, McCreery and Ginnivan and maybe bring in Poulter. As someone else said, the ANZAC game should be a real barometer of where we are. Can't wait!

Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:15 pm

I thought Noble gave us a bit when he came on, so that might be enough for him to come back in. When you add Miochek ( as long as he hasn’t caught it ) Ginnivan, McCreey as all available, there’s a bit to consider. Good games in the VFL from Henry, Poulter and MacRae would also liven up the selection meeting.
Whatever happens, it’s going to be different looking side on ANZAC day and potentially our strongest team of the year. Bring it on.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:36 pm

Pep wrote:
derkd wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Great Effort to get in with Single Digits after the Terrible Side that was Selected

No Shock Moore and Kreuger was a Massive Upgrade from the 2 Duds in Cameron and Cox.

Also Brought Nobel on for Cameron and we looked way better

Both Daicos good Again.

De Goey good last Qtr just Missing for 1st 3 Qtrs

Hopefully last AFL Games for Madgen/C Brown/Cox/Cameron

Always been my knock on him. I won't be unhappy if he head elsewhere next year if we can land another top 10 pick for him...win!

I understand what you guys are saying, but if JDG kicked 4 goals against us, and 3 in one qtr, you would be pissed lol. Unless we won haha

No issue when he is on, like tonight. My concern has been really since the 2018 GF, that when he goes missing, he really does not fire a shot. (Leave aside the off field stuff) De Goey in the open market will command close to 900k (on current output) Collingwood will have to pay close to this to keep him.

What Collingwood are crying out for right now is key forward and another key back. To land both we will need high end draft picks...let's say we end the season 13th (pick.5 roughly) De Goey goes on the big dollars we will get pick 6 for him, plus open the cap space to land a quality free agent in the years to come.

If De Goey stays i thibk it slows our build, I am not saying it is a disaster. But being pragmatic, sometimes you have to lose somthing of quality to get something.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:22 pm

FWIW, JDG looks the fittest he's ever been. Cool
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:27 pm

Gee the loss last week looks even worse now

Swans flogging Eagles in Perth

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:35 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

Yep that's what I was gonna say.

We made West Coast look good last week!

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:53 pm

We definitely should have beaten West Coast so we'd better bounce back next week, a loss to Essendon and it will be very concerning.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:43 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

I thought losing to WC when Nic Nat had done his knee was bad enough.
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:40 am

Easter Thursday provided a contest full of fluctuations at the Gabba, where Collingwood were highly competitive against Brisbane for the duration of the contest, but were ultimately outclassed by 7 points against the Lions. The Magpies once again displayed their inability to convert crucial goals, especially from set shots, and were not able to put four quality quarters together. Collingwood's start in the opening term was really good with an early lead, before losing complete control for much of the second quarter, most of the third term, and crucial moments in the last quarter where the Woods looked like they were closing the gap to reclaim the lead and the Lions then extended their lead of 10 points with the next two goals to hold a 22-point lead after the Pies had a golden opportunity to draw within as few as 5 points had Mason Cox converted his shot at goal from a free kick. Those two goals from the Lions ultimately allowed them enough breathing space to play possession footy in the dying minutes of the match in their forward half, despite Collingwood hitting back with the last three goals of the game to close the game out strongly without succeeding for the third consecutive week.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from handballs by +23 (167 - 144), uncontested possessions were won by +8 (223 - 215), while hit-outs had a differential of +14 (39 - 25), +6 for tackles (62 - 56), Tackles Inside 50 had a margin of +6 (13 - 7), and Inside 50s were won by +8 (62 - 54). Brisbane claimed most of the key indicators from sources such as disposals by +14 (375 - 361), +37 for kicks (231 - 194), contested possessions were up by +17 (147 - 130), +2 for intercept possessions (81 - 79), while clearances had an advantage of +3 ( 41 - 38 ), with centre clearances won narrowly by +1 (16 - 15), and stoppage clearances claimed by +2 (25 - 23). Marks were in Brisbane's favour by +18 ( 96 - 78 ), with uncontested marks won by +13 (84 - 71), while Contested Marks had a differential of +5 (12 - 7), and Marks Inside 50 had a gap of +5 ( 13 - 8 ).

Jack Crisp (36 disposals @ 61%, 566 metres gained, 17 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 19 kicks, 17 handballs, 3 marks, 8 tackles, 5 score involvements, 11 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 9 stoppage clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) had a very good game where he was highly prolific through the midfield for the Magpies. Unfortunately, his skill errors (11 turnovers) meant his disposal efficiency determined how much control the team had when Collingwood were in possession. Reduce those turnovers against the Bombers on ANZAC Day, Crispy!

Patrick Lipinski (22 disposals @ 77%, 272 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 15 handballs, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 4 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) was below average for three quarters, before finishing the game strongly with 10 disposals in the last quarter. I'd expect a much bigger output from Patrick on Monday week, especially if he continues the momentum of his last quarter against the Lions in Brisbane.

Josh Daicos (22 disposals @ 73%, 389 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 18 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 9 handballs, 2 marks, 9 tackles, 5 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) started the game really well, and was the catalyst behind Collingwood's lead in the first quarter. Josh found it harder over the next three quarters to replicate that brilliance on the wing, as his teammates struggled to win the ball from clearances to feed the ball out to him, as well as the team's inability to link up out of defence for him to lead or run into space on his wing to take marks or receive handpasses. In short, very pleasing progress with Josh this season as he is back to his 2020 form. 2022 is on course to be his best season since arriving at the Magpies in the 2016 draft.

Taylor Adams (22 disposals @ 46%, 519 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks, 8 tackles, 3 Tackles Inside 50, 3 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 6 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) had no issues winning the footy, but struggled to adjust to the tempo after having the virus last week, and his ball use requires improvement to improve the team's prospect of winning more matches.

Jordan De Goey (21 disposals @ 86%, 581 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 7 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 8 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 4 goals) played his most damaging and influential game of the season, by bursting to life in the final term to carry the team on his shoulders with 3 goals in the last quarter, and showed value through the midfield to win clearances and generate forward supply from that position when he did not drift forward to impact the game. This is the standard that Jordan needs to produce in every game for the remainder of the season, as this kind of outing may allow Collingwood to win more matches than they lose in the immediate future.

Scott Pendlebury (27 disposals @ 85%, 362 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 16 handballs, 4 marks, 3 goal assists, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances & 6 Inside 50s) started the game in the midfield by tagging Lachie Neale and was able to accumulate 8 disposals in the first term, before dropping back to play as a defender for the following three quarters which still had stints of midfield time, particularly at the start of the third term to quell Neale's brilliance which ultimately proved fruitless. Pendlebury continues to make smart decisions whenever he wins possession, regardless of whether it is in defence or the midfield.

Nick Daicos (27 disposals @ 70%, 275 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 22 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 14 handballs, 4 marks, 4 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) displayed his ability to accumulate possessions in a reliable and consistent manner. Nick's ball use came unstuck a few times coming out of defence, but Nick kept working hard to win back or maintain possession of the footy as often as possible.

Brayden Maynard (19 disposals @ 74%, 482 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements & 5 Inside 50s) looked to kick long as much as possible, which was all well and good, but not if it is not going to the team's advantage. There were two particular kicks that went inside 50 in the third quarter that did not allow any of Collingwood's forwards to contest or mark the ball on those occasions. Maynard was also not able to generate rebound from defence, which the Lions were able to take away from Collingwood's game. That reduced Maynard's ability to influence the game, so hopefully he will be able to generate rebound and kick to the team's advantage in the club's next game.

Darcy Moore (17 disposals @ 76%, 290 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 6 handballs, 7 marks, 2 score involvements, 7 Rebound 50s & 2 goals) rediscovered his strength behind the ball to take intercept marks, before being swung forward to kick a couple of cheap goals, with his second goal kicked just before the final siren.

Isaac Quaynor (14 disposals @ 79%, 284 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) made the most of his disposals by providing run and carry and hit most of his kicks coming out of defence.

Jeremy Howe (14 disposals @ 86%, 322 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 4 handballs, 9 marks & 6 Rebound 50s) had a solid outing in his 200th game without being a star. Howe clunked his marks, and maintained possession with the vast majority of his disposals.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (15 disposals @ 87%, 160 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) accumulated possessions up forward and took marks, but did not provide much value other than those aspects listed.

Nathan Kreuger (12 disposals @ 67%, 260 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 6 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) gave Collingwood a genuine marking target up forward to either take marks or crash packs to bring the ball down to ground level. Although Kreuger was able to kick goals, he also cost his team a couple of majors at the wrong time. Make every kick at goal a winner, Nathan!

Reef McInnes (10 disposals @ 60%, 164 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 6 kicks, 4 handballs, 4 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 goal assists, 6 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) played his best game for the club so far, and displayed his attributes in a nod to the future with his inclusion at AFL level. Reef will be kicking himself that he did not allow Collingwood to lead by at least 4 goals at quarter time with the set shots he missed in the opening term, as the Magpies only had a lead of exactly 2 goals at the first break. To McInnes' credit, he was able to kick goals after those behinds to reaffirm his confidence and true ability to impact matches at AFL level.

Collingwood's next game will be against Essendon on April 25 at the MCG. This match will be season-defining for Collingwood after having lost its last three games, albeit by small margins. Getting Mihocek, Ginnivan & McCreery back into Collingwood's forward line will be a key focus, while the lengthy break will give much of the playing group time to recover and be rejuvenated for ANZAC Day. The Magpies will get plenty of looks at goal against the Bombers, so the importance of converting goals will be felt across the board. Winning the big and crucial moments against the Bombers more often than not will allow the Pies to taste victory at the end of a challenging and troubling month.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:57 am

We have the gameplan to win…..It’s the conversion that lets us down.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:01 pm

Conversation with Fly is what is plain and simple to understand

With NB the use of a CIA code book required

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:01 pm

Nutted at the clearances hey?
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:27 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Conversation with Fly is what is plain and simple to understand

With NB the use of a CIA code book required

Really? I didn't have any problem understanding Buckleys press conferences.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:45 pm

Overall a good performance once again by the pies.
Every week is something exciting and this week it was Reef and Krueger.
The team certainly showed some more intensity than last week. Leadership problem last week ??
I dont have a problem with sidebottom or Magden. We need seasoned players to play against other seasoned players or we put too many kids in and lose body size and experience.
I can see most of our newer players getting a decent run this year. Rested when necessary like Henry so that others get a go and we see what we have.
Fun times.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:55 pm

The virus in the team is starting to ruin the season. Composurvid has been working it’s way into the team and has effected the players heads. Get a antibiotic and we’ll all be feeling better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: