Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen we got 56points from turnovers, and 44 of those from the Ess back half! Yeah baby.

Reckon I'll put crisps goal on repeat for the rest of the week
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:14 pm

Grundy showed courage (that must have really hurt his knee) and fight I hadn't seen for a long time. Great leadership from him in the last quarter and a half. To have had such a stinker of a game up to then and to then do what he did - amazing.
I was quietly cursing you Brodie G - I apologise.

Larabee 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:15 pm

Grundy was stupendous in the 4th. Congrats.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:20 pm

Caps of perfect day for me, honoured my families war Vets at the lovely Mt Evelyn Dawn service, wore Dads medals, very proud. Now a gutsy Magpies win, that was the Dons GF, make NO mistake, and they threw everything at us, and we held on against the odds. Great effort take that one and move on, in our overall development.

OH and young kid Jumpin Jack Ginnavin, he stuck it right up Cornes today, Anzac Medal, how sweet was that, revenge is a dish best served cold . LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:22 pm

We lost the contested ball to a team that can hardly win it. Outside the last qtr we also lost the clearances. We have the luxury of moving Pendles into the middle and with Crisp and JDG it swung the game. For once our goal kicking was the difference.

Still expect more from Grundy (overall) Adams, Sidey and Lipinski. Great game from Ginnivan and the back line was pretty solid today apart from a few lapses.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Whew what a relief.An absolute heart stopper.I had to use my defibrillator a few times in the last quarter to keep my heart going!

And finally,thank God for Ginnivan and Howe,With Ginnivan kicking five on the forward line,and Howe taking mark after mark in defence they virtually won the game for us.We obviously wouldn’t have won without them.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:30 pm

Gotta love the Ginny !!

Stirring last quarter from Grundy was just about the difference. He dug deep and found gold. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:31 pm

Overjoyed that we held on for the win as it was badly required but a little flat that it took unusual (for us) accuracy to beat this mob.

I guess though that the Essendon team today was probably their best on paper for the season and they did play finals last season whereas we finished 17th.

I wanted black and red blood but Essendon were brave in defeat while players like Grundy displayed some real backbone to help lift the team to victory in that final term.

Well done Pies. Now I can relax.

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:36 pm

Larabee wrote:
Grundy was stupendous in the 4th. Congrats.

Yep, let's just hope that this gives him the confidence boost he needs. He doesn't have to repeat that level of effort every quater...but he needs to stay more engaged in games more consistently.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:36 pm

Donny wrote:
Gotta love the Ginny !!

Stirring last quarter from Grundy was just about the difference. He dug deep and found gold. Very Happy

Kane Cornes says hello. Laughing Razz Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:38 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Overjoyed that we held on for the win as it was badly required but a little flat that it took unusual (for us) accuracy to beat this mob.

I guess though that the Essendon team today was probably their best on paper for the season and they did play finals last season whereas we finished 17th.

I wanted black and red blood but Essendon were brave in defeat while players like Grundy displayed some real backbone to help lift the team to victory in that final term.

Well done Pies. Now I can relax.

I think what this game shows, is that this season the difference between second on the ladder and last of the ladder isn't that big. I leave Melbourne out because I think thus far this season they have shown they are a class above.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:41 pm

Really great to find a way to hold them off and win the game. Could have easily let this slip in the last qtr being only 1 point up at the last break. It felt like the kind of game where Stringer would bob up and kick a few in the last to pinch it.

The turning point for me was when Parish went off for a fair bit of time with an ankle in the last. Pendles went into the middle when he saw this and really took control, gave us drive out of the centre and created a couple of goals which gave us a real break from which to hang on to. Huge moment, up until then Parish was just terrorising our midfield, he is a super ball winner.

Jacky G, come on down! This kid has won me over. To talk the talk and walk the walk is big time stuff and what a game to kick 5 goals and shove it up those Bomber fans and Kain Cornes. Loved him today, just give the boy the Go Pro and let’s go!! I wasn’t a fan of it earlier, but he is showing that he revels in this stuff. Let’s not forget Checkers and his 4 snags, he was massive when he needed to be.

Howe in defence was brilliant, just cutting off so much ball all day. Grundy gave one of his best games. No, his tap work wasn’t great but worked hard up and down the ground and more importantly kicking that big goal to seal the game. That goal was worth 10 hit outs to advantage.

Is Essendon garbage? Well, yes, they are. They have far too many kids in their midfield and when Parish went off you saw how much it hurt them. Our mids are also young and it showed for both sides. Any win over them especially on ANZAC Day is a huge win and one to value.

Go Pies! There is hope for the future!

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:46 pm

Dunno bout you guys, but awful memories of that bloody Zaharakis yrs ago, kept popping into my head in those last frantic few minutes, thankfully, hes retired has he not ? Anyway ,we got there, solid win.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:49 pm

As others have commented, an inspiring last quarter from Grundy, after being well beaten for 3 quarters. I thought Cameron was good. Gotta luv Ginny.
I still don’t understand how Callum Brown gets a game.
Let’s hope Aidan Begg comes on quickly as we are desperate for a key forward, especially now that Krueger seems injury prone.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
As others have commented, an inspiring last quarter from Grundy, after being well beaten for 3 quarters. I thought Cameron was good. Gotta luv Ginny.
I still don’t understand how Callum Brown gets a game.
Let’s hope Aidan Begg comes on quickly as we are desperate for a key forward, especially now that Krueger seems injury prone.

He can't anymore. He was as effective as Krueger was after the substitution was made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: