Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Great kicking is great football.

I think i heard during the final term that both sides had nailed 14.1 from set shots today; glad it fell our way though.

Jezza wrote:
Ginnivan is God 😎

Evidently the best Anzac Day haul since the great Medhurst in 2008!

Anyhoo, the anxiety levels didn't let up all day.
We KNEW these arseholes were going to play out of their skins after the thorough roasting they got in the media in week leading up to the game.

So as the ladder stands, we are 7th, after the late battering Whorethorn's percentage took in their final term. We have played 3 top eight sides, and 3 bottom eight sides for our W3/L3 start. So we are thereabouts, and oddly with a little more luck, could have been W5/L1, if not 6/0.

We can see the effort is there each week, no question.
The only thing letting us down is some idiotic decision making, mostly from experienced senior players, thus missing easy targets and often resulting in 2-goal turnarounds [my pet hate].

We won with little contribution from several players, 2-3 of which will be lucky to retain their spots next week, after decent goal hauls in the VFL from Bianco and Henry. Enough of this picking players on reputation shit; that is a sad legacy of Buckley, Sando, Harvey et al.

However the centre square set-up was borderline inept, AGAIN.
The lack of cohesion and clearance efficiency was evident, and arguably the poorest we have seen since 2021. This will give McFly something to work on during the week.

Anyhoo, rest the players up for next week and don't take GCS lightly - they rolled us convincingly at the MCG early in 2021, and lined up the final nails in Buckley's coffin.

But for now, i'm happy and relieved to score our first Anzac Day win since 2019; where the actual f^ck does the time go?!

ps. I don't know where I stand with Ginnivan's show-boating after he's nails a goal, but as long as he keeps slotting them, and we keep winning, I really couldn't give f^ck who he upsets.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
As others have commented, an inspiring last quarter from Grundy, after being well beaten for 3 quarters. I thought Cameron was good. Gotta luv Ginny.
I still don’t understand how Callum Brown gets a game.
Let’s hope Aidan Begg comes on quickly as we are desperate for a key forward, especially now that Krueger seems injury prone.

Unfortunately, if Krueger is selected, it's starting to look like whoever is named as medical sub gets a game.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:16 pm

piedys wrote:
ps. I don't know where I stand with Ginnivan's show-boating after he's nails a goal, but as long as he keeps slotting them, and we keep winning, I really couldn't give f^ck who he upsets.

We need that kind of edge. For too long we've reined in personality to please others, stifling talent and on-field energy in the process. We haven't had that sort of energy since Dids.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:20 pm

Quite a few passengers today, accurate goal kicking saved us. But if you play badly/average and win, that's a good sign
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:22 pm

You can all apologise to Reg whenever you want to.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:30 pm

piedys wrote:

Ginni was not upsetting anyone he was just giving it back to them! Loved the way nothing upset him and performed on the big stage!!! He is a Givin!!!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:55 pm

mudlark wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:55 pm

We fought till the end. Never gave up and reaped the rewards because of it. That’s something to gain from and it is a small block to build from. I’m so relieved it was a new comer who stepped up and took the bull by the horns and won. I just can’t bare to see another season where we don’t see any big games from our developing players. Jack surprised me today, in fact I was thinking about two or three others who I really wanted to step up but in the end I’m so happy for the lad and I can’t wait for kanes bobble heads response.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:56 pm

mudlark wrote:

He was putrid for 3 qtrs.

Their ruckman ragdolled him repeatedly. He needs to be tougher than that.

He’s a $1M a year ruckman. 1 qtr every now and then isn’t good enough.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:04 pm

Well that’s was fun at times
Geez we need to have a big look into our defensive system because right now it looks ordinary
Thank god for Howe
Some good signs across the board
We kept coming which is good
Ginnivan could kick 45 goals as season which means we can play JDG up field more
Noble and IQ provided loads of run off half back and we looked good when they did
Kick D showed signs today he has leadership in spades calling senior players to lead to him and where he wanted to deliver the ball
Pendles was good as usual
Finally let’s not be fooled by Grundy and his last term
Draper owned him for 75% of the day and often made him look second rate
Grundy played greater in the last term no doubt but where is that performance for the other 3/4 ?
Sidey started off well but faded out of the game after half time
Still did some really good things but his age is really showing at times
Our tackling was better today overall
And Adams finally kicked a football accurately when we needed it
Look we wanted and got the 4 points
We are 3-3 and at season start I think most would have taken that
We have loads of room for improvement and hopefully we continue to improve
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:11 pm

pietillidie wrote:
piedys wrote:

We need that kind of edge. For too long we've reined in personality to please others, stifling talent and on-field energy in the process. We haven't had that sort of energy since Dids.

agree wholeheartedly

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:12 pm

simon tonna wrote:
We fought till the end. Never gave up and reaped the rewards because of it. That’s something to gain from and it is a small block to build from. I’m so relieved it was a new comer who stepped up and took the bull by the horns and won. I just can’t bare to see another season where we don’t see any big games from our developing players. Jack surprised me today, in fact I was thinking about two or three others who I really wanted to step up but in the end I’m so happy for the lad and I can’t wait for kanes bobble heads response.

his response was actually very classy

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:17 pm

Callum Brown my god was on before half time and had 1 kick for 11m gained.

He spent more time running off the ground lol look at his heat map

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:19 pm

Great to be back on the winners list and back in the top 8.

It was far from a polished performance, and Essendon were diligent in giving us a tough game.

Ginnivan's game was the highlight of the day. Just when it looked like Essendon would get on top, the young lad would find a way to get us back in front when we needed him most.

Grundy's last quarter was excellent. Arguably his best quarter of football he's played all year, and hopefully it's another building block for him to become a consistent all round player. Doing this under obvious duress was all the more remarkable.

Howe and Moore down back were great. I underestimated Howe's absence over the past two years, and realised how important his intercept marking capabilities are.

Positive signs that we're finishing games better than we did earlier in the season. Kicked 5 goals in the last quarter against Brisbane and kicked 6 today in the final term.

Great to hear the VFL boys had a big win. Hopefully some players are making their case for senior selection.

A bit of trivia, today was the biggest crowd for an AFL match since 2019.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:21 pm

piedys wrote:
Evidently the best Anzac Day haul since the great Medhurst in 2008!

Anyhoo, the anxiety levels didn't let up all day.
We KNEW these arseholes were going to play out of their skins after the thorough roasting they got in the media in week leading up to the game.

Same here. Never felt comfortable until the final siren went.

Just stoked we're 3-3 and in amongst the pack. We have something to play for this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: