Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Daniel Cherny:

Quote:
Collingwood’s most accurate effort in front of goal since 1929

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/collingwood/gamer.html#12

https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/1518499967622471681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1518499967622471681%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Jezza wrote:
ps. I don't know where I stand with Ginnivan's show-boating after he's nails a goal, but as long as he keeps slotting them, and we keep winning, I really couldn't give f^ck who he upsets.

I love watching an exciting young player like Ginny who has a personality instead of the robots most afl players are. Love his play and involvement.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:26 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Callum Brown my god was on before half time and had 1 kick for 11m gained.

He spent more time running off the ground lol look at his heat map

I hate to criticise the kid, but I've been saying for 3 yrs now that he simply is not an AFL standard player, yet he still gets picked regularly. Surely, like Cox last week, he has now played his last game for us. I admire his effort, but sadly that's not enough.

By comparison, I note that Bianco kicked 5 goals in the ressies today. He has class written all over him. Time to bring him back in and keep him there!
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:27 pm

I must admit gotta love hearing the Essendon Supporters booing all day!

Bunch of clowns they are!!

Happy with the win and now we need continue our focus against Gold Coast next Sunday.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:41 pm

think positive wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
We fought till the end. Never gave up and reaped the rewards because of it. That’s something to gain from and it is a small block to build from. I’m so relieved it was a new comer who stepped up and took the bull by the horns and won. I just can’t bare to see another season where we don’t see any big games from our developing players. Jack surprised me today, in fact I was thinking about two or three others who I really wanted to step up but in the end I’m so happy for the lad and I can’t wait for kanes bobble heads response.

his response was actually very classy

Glad to hear. Kane himself coped a fair bit of shit to he’s thoughts on the GoPro show. So by hearing he was positive toward Jack shows he’s not a complete arse clown all of the time. Looking forward to catching up with it.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:08 pm

I'm a Grundy fan, but he was destroyed for 3 quarters, we couldn't buy a clearance, particularly in the third. THEN it looked like he did a PCL late in the third, and he might have... THEN he reverted to 2018 Grundy as Mulletman faded. We got the win but I hope he will be ok.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Donny wrote:
Gotta love the Ginny !!

Stirring last quarter from Grundy was just about the difference. He dug deep and found gold. Very Happy

Kane Cornes says hello. Laughing Razz Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Apparently Kane prior to going on TV has the make-up artist starting with his schnozzle as it's well pampered to hide the embedded brown stains from years and years of tagging.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:16 pm

Cam wrote:
I'm a Grundy fan, but he was destroyed for 3 quarters, we couldn't buy a clearance, particularly in the third. THEN it looked like he did a PCL late in the third, and he might have... THEN he reverted to 2018 Grundy as Mulletman faded. We got the win but I hope he will be ok.

Look maybe he just needed more time to get into his groove. After all it is still reasonably early in the season. I hope he continues in his 2018 form.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:24 pm

Lil' Richard knew about Ginnivan years ago and wrote a song about him...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6lvqrCGpqY

Here is the first verse:
Ginni Ginni Ginni won't you kick a goal for me
Ginni Ginni ooh, Ginni Ginni
Ginni Ginni Ginni won't you kick a goal for me
You know that we love the number thirty-three

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:31 pm

I'm just glad we beat Essendon!. Full stop!!!!
E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Callum Brown my god was on before half time and had 1 kick for 11m gained.

He spent more time running off the ground lol look at his heat map

I hate to criticise the kid, but I've been saying for 3 yrs now that he simply is not an AFL standard player, yet he still gets picked regularly. Surely, like Cox last week, he has now played his last game for us. I admire his effort, but sadly that's not enough.

By comparison, I note that Bianco kicked 5 goals in the ressies today. He has class written all over him. Time to bring him back in and keep him there!

I am certain that C. Brown isn't up to AFL standard (but would make a star VFL player). I fear that players like Bianco and Ruscoe might also fit into that category. time will tell.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:56 pm

Fly's post match presser (excluding the parts involving Jack Ginnivan):

What's Jack Ginnivan like to coach?
Quote:
"He's a 19 year old standing in front of a press conference. All these opportunities for him to express himself and mature and within his game in particular, he's a had a great start of the year. We missed him dearly in the last game in particular. We want him to be himself. You hear him being himself. We want him to be authentic and we want him to know that we've got his back".

What did you think of the game?
Quote:
"It was a great experience, it really was. Coaching from the bench you hear the bumps and the bruises and the loud roars. It was a great game to watch. It wasn't our best game that we've had this year. It's funny that in most of the games this year, we've won most of the stats but today wasn't that day. It was our accuracy and our want to win that got us over the line".

When you turned up in October and got to work, was Jack Ginnivan in your best 22. Did you think he was capable of having this start of the season?
Quote:
"Yeah, and I'm not saying this because Jack is in front of me. He was one that really stood out. I could see him and Beau McCreery just really wanting opportunity. We've been doing a lot of contest work and Jack wins a lot of his one-on-ones and we've been practicing that from way back in October. That was one thing I saw, and his ability to finish. We'd throw a ball around him and he'll find where the goals are, so that did standout really early".

I felt there was a turning point when John Noble turned it over to Alec Waterman in the third quarter. His teammates got around him and straight after that he was in the middle and slotted it to Jack Ginnivan who kicked the goal.
Quote:
"We want to make mistakes, because if we're not we're not going for our kicks. That particular kick you're talking about is not a part of our game plan to be honest. We want to bounce back. We want to embrace the imperfections of the game. We say that a lot. There's going to be reality where we make mistakes and John is a great example of that. He's grown a lot in the last 4 or 5 weeks in making a mistake and fixing it, so he's a small sample".

Sounds like Nathan Kreuger has re-injured his left shoulder. Were there any other injuries?
Quote:
"No other injuries. Yeah it was the one with Kreuges that we sort of knew to go out and get strong and give it another go in terms of the shoulder popping out. Unfortunately, it was a high percentage it might happen again and that's reality and unfortunately that's the case. He'll get scans and it looks like he'll have an operation and be out for the rest of the year".

Did you ever think you would be building a forward line around the likes of Jack Ginnivan. Despite all the talk of having a key full forward, you seem to have a mix that's working beautifully.
Quote:
"It hasn't been the same has it? We haven't had the same forward line for five weeks or six weeks now. It's been constantly moving through illness or injury. If you look at our goal scorers, I think we're 2nd in the league for multiple goal kickers. I think we had nine individual goal kickers amongst our goal kickers each week. We're finding ways to score. It would be nice to have certain things in place but we don't so we have to have a system in place to play our roles. Jack [Ginnivan] gets his goals this week, but other guys bob in and out and do their job. We've had no continuity. It will be nice to have the same magnets in the same place, but at this stage we're working with what we got".

Last week you spoke about not accepting honourable losses. Are you impressed you got the result despite not having the best performance and willing yourself over the line?
Quote:
"Yeah exactly. I've said before we've been winning a lot of the stats but not winning games. Today wasn't the case. I loved our ability twice in the last quarter where we got fronted. Essendon hit the front and we found a way to comeback. That shows great spirit".

How significant was Scott Pendlebury's last quarter, particularly with having the most clearances in the fourth quarter?
Quote:
"We're not going to die wondering. We did it last week where we put Darcy [Moore] forward. We want to make some moves and try to generate something. Pendles went through the midfield and won some centre bounces. Nick Daicos went back and showed some terrific maturity in the last quarter. We just want to be a team that has a go and we'll get some wrong and some right, but we're not going to die wondering".

What did you think of Brodie Grundy's game? He was probably beaten for a large part early and didn't take a mark last week. He was influential in the last quarter and finished the game with 6 marks.
Quote:
"Draper's a good player isn't he? He was a real beast out there and he was hard to stop. I'm really proud of Brodie [Grundy]. He's working really hard on his game and put a lot of time in on the details of taking the marks. I think he's had 1 mark up until this week and he had 6 today".

Will Kreuger's injury force you to have another look at Mason Cox?
Quote:
"I've had a conversation with Mason this week and we put something in place for Mason to go back and get the best version of himself out there. I'm not too sure yet. I heard Ollie Henry played well, Trent Bianco kicked 4 or 5 goals in the VFL so we're not sure yet. We'll have a look at that during the week".

With so much emphasis on Essendon prior to the game, did you have to say anything to the players or does the occasion of the day look after itself?
Quote:
"We did, we did. We thought that the game would be pretty hot. We knew that they would bring their best effort so we spoke about it, but also just embracing what comes. We can't control what effort they have or what spirit they have but you have to think that they were going to bring their best today and they did. They got a lot to play for as we do. We thought we had to manage that part of the game with our own emotion and try to put our best foot forward to".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1111915/post-match-mcrae-ginnivan?videoId=1111915&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1650878563001

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:56 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well that’s was fun at times
Geez we need to have a big look into our defensive system because right now it looks ordinary
Thank god for Howe
Some good signs across the board
We kept coming which is good
Ginnivan could kick 45 goals as season which means we can play JDG up field more
Noble and IQ provided loads of run off half back and we looked good when they did
Kick D showed signs today he has leadership in spades calling senior players to lead to him and where he wanted to deliver the ball
Pendles was good as usual
Finally let’s not be fooled by Grundy and his last term
Draper owned him for 75% of the day and often made him look second rate
Grundy played greater in the last term no doubt but where is that performance for the other 3/4 ?
Sidey started off well but faded out of the game after half time
Still did some really good things but his age is really showing at times
Our tackling was better today overall
And Adams finally kicked a football accurately when we needed it
Look we wanted and got the 4 points
We are 3-3 and at season start I think most would have taken that
We have loads of room for improvement and hopefully we continue to improve

People do realize that there is a trade off to be made when you play an attacking brand of football? The defensive system held up well today. Didnt notice any obvious breakdown, but the entire point of our forward pressing manic attack on the ball is that you expose yourself to being beaten on the counter attack when you turn the ball over.

we could go back to the Buckley system of always looking solid defensively, even if that comes by sacrificing the link between defence and attack so scoring becomes difficult.....

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:59 pm

anyone else wondering what the hell has happened to Lipinski?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:04 pm

Thanks Jezza, great to get the press conference break down.

The answer about Pendlebury may be the biggest difference between this year and the previous 10 seasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: