Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
anyone else wondering what the hell has happened to Lipinski?

Needs a spell i think. If Mcrae showed enough in the twos then he should replace him.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:24 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
You can all apologise to Reg whenever you want to.

He was putrid for 3 qtrs.

Their ruckman ragdolled him repeatedly. He needs to be tougher than that.

He’s a $1M a year ruckman. 1 qtr every now and then isn’t good enough.

Do we win without Grundy’s huge last QTR?
No
End of story.
We want players who stand up when the games on the line.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:33 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Callum Brown my god was on before half time and had 1 kick for 11m gained.

He spent more time running off the ground lol look at his heat map

I hate to criticise the kid, but I've been saying for 3 yrs now that he simply is not an AFL standard player, yet he still gets picked regularly. Surely, like Cox last week, he has now played his last game for us. I admire his effort, but sadly that's not enough.

By comparison, I note that Bianco kicked 5 goals in the ressies today. He has class written all over him. Time to bring him back in and keep him there!

I am certain that C. Brown isn't up to AFL standard (but would make a star VFL player). I fear that players like Bianco and Ruscoe might also fit into that category. time will tell.

The haters shall hate. Writing off three players careers, very harsh.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:15 am

Big day for me.

I have a 12 day old baby at home now. His grandparents on the mothers side are big Essendon supporters. And wholly hell was I feeling the pressure today. Some Essendon themed gifts have apparently been purchased and I dont want them to be handed over. What is hard to understand about that? It's my house, he's my son. If he chooses Collingwood, he'll be a 6th generation supporter. But the plan to bring Essendon toys, posters, clothing, whatever, was partly spoilt today, thank fk. Already told the mrs that anything like that will be thrown out.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:15 am

My other thoughts go to Merrett/Stringer inclusions. Did the club lie about their expected return dates? How can two guys of that calibre return to this fixture, was is 2 or 3 weeks early? Mind games, maybe? Luck, maybe? Lying and trying to surprise us? Maybe. Imagine lying on Anzac Day for a slightly better chance to win. I hope that's not the case. But would you put it passed them?

Also noticed Tim Watson on 7news tonight with a piss weak report on the game. What did we get about 1 minute before moving onto the days NBA scores? "The return of club legends Merrett and Stringer"... oh and Collingwood won... Peter Mitchell as a great Pies man and the leading anchor, I say you tell Tim to stick it. Was more then happy to interview his son and go on and on in previous seasons.

Sack Tim Watson seven, he sucks.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:47 am

Johnno75 wrote:
I am watching Footy Classified tonight.

And...?

What did they say??

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:24 am

On one of the grandest stages of the season, Collingwood withstood an almighty challenge from Essendon and produced incredible goalkicking accuracy to bomb the Bombers out by 11 points. The Magpies lost a key number of categories against an opponent who monopolised possession, had more forward entries, and subsequently produced more scoring shots. None of that ultimately mattered, as the Woods produced quality outcomes with less quantity over the course of four quarters. The first three quarters were evenly poised by both sides, before a consistent flow of goals from Collingwood in the final term eventually allowed them enough breathing space to outlast the Dons when it truly mattered in the dying stages of the game.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from sources such as kicks by +12 (207 - 195), intercept possessions had a differential of +5 (59 - 54), +10 for marks (105 - 95), Contested Marks were won by +6 ( 14 - 8 ), and uncontested marks had an advantage of +4 (91 - 87). Tackles had a reading of +12 (52 - 40), while Tackles Inside 50 were up by +8 (11 - 3). Essendon won their categories from disposals by +49 (387 - 338), +61 for handballs (192 - 131), contested possessions were up by +9 (123 - 114), while uncontested possessions had a margin of +50 (267 - 217). Clearances were won by +12 (43 - 31), +7 came from centre clearances (18 - 11), stoppage clearances were claimed by +5 (25 - 20), while Marks Inside 50 had a differential of +8 (17 - 9), and Inside 50s were up in Essendon's favour by +4 ( 52 - 48 ). Hit-outs (36 each) was the only category that was evenly shared.

Jordan De Goey (27 disposals @ 63%, 402 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 15 kicks, 12 handballs, 8 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements, 7 clearances, 5 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 8 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) continued his prolific run of stats which looked good, but did not provide the substance the team needed. It was delightful that he won clearances and took marks around the ground, but his forward entries did not marry up to the score involvement numbers that he would've had otherwise.

Jack Crisp (24 disposals @ 75%, 386 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 12 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 3 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s, 3 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) ensured he got greater value for his possessions than he did in his previous game. Crisp was quite prolific from clearances and contributed nicely on transition where linked up by hand and kicked to his team's advantage. Great goal in the second quarter by running back towards goal from defence and finish what he started. Tremendous game, Jack!

Josh Daicos (20 disposals @ 75%, 419 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 5 score involvements & 2 Inside 50s) put three solid quarters of footy together, before drifting slightly out of the game in the last quarter, partly because the team won crucial centre clearances in that quarter which went forward, and his position did not need to be utilised as it otherwise would've been on other occasions.

Patrick Lipinski (18 disposals @ 83%, 236 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 11 handballs, 4 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances & 2 Rebound 50s) worked hard for his possessions, but did not make any impact on influencing the game when he had the ball in his hands.

Taylor Adams (18 disposals @ 61%, 305 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 7 handballs, 5 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 4 tackles, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 2 clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) contributed in a different manner to what we come to expect of Taylor, where he normally wins that contested ball inside the contest from clearances. To stay busy in scoring chains and score a crucial goal from long range in the last quarter while his greatest strengths were diminished says a lot about his fortitude.

Brodie Grundy (16 disposals @ 81%, 241 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 33 hit-outs, 9 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 goal assists, 6 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) had an indifferent performance after three quarters. Thankfully for the Magpies, Brodie's best work came in the final 30 minutes where he gave silver service to Collingwood's midfielders, took a couple of clutch marks, laid a great tackle, and reminded everybody he can still kick a long goal which proved to be match-defining. Take last quarter's form into Sunday against the Suns, Brodie!

Scott Pendlebury (25 disposals @ 88%, 364 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 14 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) displayed his trademark poise behind the ball in defence for three quarters, before being dispatched into the midfield in the final term to generate forward entries from clearances, which Pendlebury was able to do successfully.

John Noble (23 disposals @ 83%, 470 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 7 handballs, 8 marks, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) provided great run and carry from defence where he took marks and hit most of his targets with a high level of accuracy. Noble would know to not attempt a short kick into the corridor if a teammate is not there to mark it. Other than that moment of madness in the third term, Noble applied himself brilliantly.

Nick Daicos (23 disposals @ 70%, 276 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 12 handballs, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) was given assignments all over the field. He was given stints up forward and in the midfield rotations with reduced success. Nick was put back behind the ball for the last quarter and played with a relatively high level of comfort.

Jeremy Howe (22 disposals @ 91%, 325 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 13 marks, 4 Contested Marks, 4 score involvements & 6 Rebound 50s) was colossal in displaying his intercept marking prowess which was glorious to watch. Howe saved numerous goals from being conceded, while setting a few scoring opportunities at the other end himself. Additionally, Howe's ball use was highly exquisite and gave the team more time to defend while allowing teammates to attack with flair, dare and aggression.

Brayden Maynard (15 disposals @ 80%, 237 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 3 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) had one of his more modest games in recent memory. Very rare to go through the last quarter without registering a possession, but I'm sure that won't bother him too much. Here's to a more productive game this coming weekend, Brayden! Looking forward to your response.

Isaac Quaynor (13 disposals @ 85%, 288 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) maximised his impact on the contest with fewer disposals than most of his teammates. Quaynor was able to balance and blend defence with attack exceptionally well. It was also bloody good for Quaynor's goal in the second quarter to be in front of a crowd, after his first goal last season against West Coast at the MCG had no crowd.

Darcy Moore (12 disposals @ 92%, 345 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 7 marks & 6 Rebound 50s) produced a reasonable game of intercept marking and ensured he did not waste any of his disposals coming out of defence.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (18 disposals @ 61%, 298 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 marks, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements & 3 Inside 50s) did not leave much to the imagination of his game as a high half-forward, where he ran up the ground to win possession and take marks, but nothing else.

Jack Ginnivan (12 disposals @ 58%, 355 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 5 marks, 3 Marks Inside 50, 5 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 5 goals) produced the greatest accomplishment of his short career so far to not only steer the Pies home with a win, but managed to win the ANZAC Day Medal to highlight how influential that Ginnivan was on the game. Ginnivan's conversion at goal was amazing and kept Collingwood above water when there were stages that the team appeared to be sinking.

Darcy Cameron (8 disposals @ 75%, 7 contested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 3 hit-outs, 5 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) gave Collingwood a marking target throughout the day up forward, chipped in with some good ruck work late, and ended up snapping an excellent goal from the Olympic Stand pocket.

Brody Mihocek (8 disposals @ 75%, 121 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 3 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 5 score involvements & 4 goals) made the most of his limited opportunities up forward and supported Ginnivan nicely.

Collingwood's next game will be against the Gold Coast Suns on May 1 at the MCG. The Magpies will need to restructure their forward half, after Nathan Kreuger injured his shoulder yet again. Ball use to a relatively small to medium-sized forward line will need to be exceptionally good and smart, while there will be emphasis on not losing contested ball, clearances and Inside 50s this weekend. More time in forward half usually means there are more opportunities to score goals, and that's what Collingwood will embark on doing against the Suns on Sunday.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:44 am

North once had Pagans paddock

Now Collingwood has Ginnivans Island
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:01 am

A star is born in this Ginnivan kid. 19 years old and he's already creating a nice little highlights package. Squared off with Sellwood, dead eye-dick at set shot, at distance too. loves the crowd . Love his confidence and passion.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:25 am

rambler wrote:
E wrote:
anyone else wondering what the hell has happened to Lipinski?

Needs a spell i think. If Mcrae showed enough in the twos then he should replace him.

His confidence is way down. He needs to hit the gym to build physical confidence, I reckon, as he gets bullied in the contest a bit easily.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:50 am

Presti35 wrote:
Big day for me.

I have a 12 day old baby at home now. His grandparents on the mothers side are big Essendon supporters. And wholly hell was I feeling the pressure today. Some Essendon themed gifts have apparently been purchased and I dont want them to be handed over. What is hard to understand about that? It's my house, he's my son. If he chooses Collingwood, he'll be a 6th generation supporter. But the plan to bring Essendon toys, posters, clothing, whatever, was partly spoilt today, thank fk. Already told the mrs that anything like that will be thrown out.

When my son was about 10 days old, I took him to Vic Park, wrapped him a black and white scarf and placed his feet in the goal square of the hallowed turf; the first time his feet had touched the earth. I photographed the occasion. A few years later, when his kindergarten teacher was encouraging him to follow the Bombers, I calmly pulled out the photo, showed it to him, and explained that he had already been christened a Collingwood supporter. End of story. Take my advice mate, do not allow free will. It's too important.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:57 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Callum Brown my god was on before half time and had 1 kick for 11m gained.

He spent more time running off the ground lol look at his heat map

I hate to criticise the kid, but I've been saying for 3 yrs now that he simply is not an AFL standard player, yet he still gets picked regularly. Surely, like Cox last week, he has now played his last game for us. I admire his effort, but sadly that's not enough.

By comparison, I note that Bianco kicked 5 goals in the ressies today. He has class written all over him. Time to bring him back in and keep him there!

I am certain that C. Brown isn't up to AFL standard (but would make a star VFL player). I fear that players like Bianco and Ruscoe might also fit into that category. time will tell.

The haters shall hate. Writing off three players careers, very harsh.

Noble has played almost every game in the two seasons he has been with the pies and has clearly shown value. writing off such a career in the making while he is still clearly best 22 is ignorant. To focus on one mistake he made in the Essendon game when he had 22 other possessions with about 90% efficiency in a game where he outgained three metres gained beast's in IQ, Daicos and Crisp proves beyond doubt that the hate is real (or maybe someone just cant admit they were wrrrrrr......

Callum Brown has had 5 years or more to cement a spot in the side. Blind Freddy can tell he aint up to it. He tries, but he shouldn't play again. we've given the lad 67 chances over those 6 years to cement his spot or show even that he is a decent back up when there are injuries. He hasnt done it and he is actually doing mucvh worse now than at different points over the previous 6 years (some of those games, especially early on when we had low expectations, he showed some skills that might mature into a AFL calibre game). its sad, because i love his father and i love his commitment to footy. But while its sad, making this observation isn't hate. Its being realistic.

We finally realized this about Mason Cox this season after hoping for his success for many many years as well. And after he showed much promise at various times including the epic 2018 prelim!!!

unfortunately, Bianco and Ruscoe strike me as on that path as well. They probably get at least this season to prove otherwise, but they aren't trending well and they have had time. i'm rooting for them to do well, but i have my doubts. in the case of Bianco, hate would be ignoring the 5 goals he apparently kicked in the twos and focusing only on one turnover to make my point that he should be gone at seasons end. No one is saying that. The dialogue remains sensible and not emotional. And if they prove me wrong, my child-like pride wont prevent me from standing corrected!

Its interesting that DeGoey and Noble were included in an early season list (one of the mind-numbingly many useless lists we have to suffer through) of people who are under pressure this year, but Ruscoe and Bianco werent mentioned. I think that is why people dismiss these asininely useless lists.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:05 am

ThePieMind wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

No
End of story.

i agree. I think the problem is that because people know how much he earns, Grundy is considered successful only if he annihilates his opponent. when someone plays grundy to a virtual tie, Grundy is seen as a failure.

Grundy got 20% more hit outs than the other guy, took twice as many marks as the other guy. kicked a goal when the other guy didn't! even got more fantasy points. Yes, he didn't get a free kick when Draper threw him out of a contest even though the other guy got one when Grundy did exactly the same thing to him one play later, but does this look like a rag dolling or are people rooting for his failure because Grundy makes some people's monthly salary every year????

sometimes knowing that you are unlikely to ever lose a position no matter who the opponent is pretty good. And when Pendles and DeGoey are match winners these days, its usually in no small part from the fact that Grundy can nudge the ball ever so slightly to their advantage!!!

I'm glad Grundy is on my side.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:42 am

ThePieMind wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

No
End of story.

The other way of looking at it is
If we had a ruckman who at least halved the contest in the previous 3 quarters would the game had already been in the bag
Because Draper for 75% of the game dominated and was vital in most of there dominance around the ball and ground
For a million a year supporters should be able to expect better than we need dished up for 75% of the game
Objectively Pendles has never earned a million a season but you won’t find a game where he was a complete liability for 75% of the match
On the value for money scale Draper earns about 20% of what Grundy does so who provided there team more value for money ??
E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

No
End of story.

The other way of looking at it is
If we had a ruckman who at least halved the contest in the previous 3 quarters would the game had already been in the bag
Because Draper for 75% of the game dominated and was vital in most of there dominance around the ball and ground
For a million a year supporters should be able to expect better than we need dished up for 75% of the game
Objectively Pendles has never earned a million a season but you won’t find a game where he was a complete liability for 75% of the match
On the value for money scale Draper earns about 20% of what Grundy does so who provided there team more value for money ??

Its funny that the stats don't bear out what you are saying. i feel like we are so spoilt in ruck that if Grundy doesn't completely dominate his opponent, we consider it a loss. a lesser ruckman held his own with Grundy for three quarters appears to be the more accurate way to describe it.

Although this kid looks like a decent ruckman and is likely on the rise. so maybe its not fair to say lesser ruckman. We have been spoilt for a long time in the ruck.

i guess we are now going to find out how valuable Grundy is?

Last edited by E on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: