Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
rambler wrote:
E wrote:
anyone else wondering what the hell has happened to Lipinski?

Needs a spell i think. If Mcrae showed enough in the twos then he should replace him.

His confidence is way down. He needs to hit the gym to build physical confidence, I reckon, as he gets bullied in the contest a bit easily.

Had more of a run with role with Parish after half time and kept him to 14 possessions after having 30 in the first half. He's doing fine.
npalm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:05 am

Presti35 wrote:
Big day for me.

I have a 12 day old baby at home now. His grandparents on the mothers side are big Essendon supporters. And wholly hell was I feeling the pressure today. Some Essendon themed gifts have apparently been purchased and I dont want them to be handed over. What is hard to understand about that? It's my house, he's my son. If he chooses Collingwood, he'll be a 6th generation supporter. But the plan to bring Essendon toys, posters, clothing, whatever, was partly spoilt today, thank fk. Already told the mrs that anything like that will be thrown out.

Congratulations Presti on your new baby boy.

Stand your ground on that Essendon merchandise crap. Throw it straight in the bin where it belongs.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:12 am

npalm wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Big day for me.

I have a 12 day old baby at home now. His grandparents on the mothers side are big Essendon supporters. And wholly hell was I feeling the pressure today. Some Essendon themed gifts have apparently been purchased and I dont want them to be handed over. What is hard to understand about that? It's my house, he's my son. If he chooses Collingwood, he'll be a 6th generation supporter. But the plan to bring Essendon toys, posters, clothing, whatever, was partly spoilt today, thank fk. Already told the mrs that anything like that will be thrown out.

Congratulations Presti on your new baby boy.

Stand your ground on that Essendon merchandise crap. Throw it straight in the bin where it belongs.

There is only one solution here.....Divorce.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:44 am

I agree mixed marriages never work!

Congrats on your baby boy, how awesome xx

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:18 am

Presti 35, your son should ALREADY be a Collingwood supporter.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:28 am

rambler wrote:
E wrote:
anyone else wondering what the hell has happened to Lipinski?

Needs a spell i think. If Mcrae showed enough in the twos then he should replace him.

Lipinski was given the job on Parish in the third qtr, so hunting the pill wasn’t his focus. We also rotated our mids very heavily through the centre, so he spent a bit of time at half forward. His output is down but I wouldn’t underestimate how much his inclusion has freed up the likes of DeGoey to go forward and Pendles to start in the backline. He’s an important piece of the puzzle but we need to move on from expecting his round one output every week. If that’s what he was capable achieving every week, then he wouldn’t been traded for a lowly pick 43.
Herald Sun ranked Lipinski as the second highest pressure points player on the ground ( behind Crisp ) and “ Getting a finger nail in “ in a tight contest can be the difference between a W and an L. While above his lofty average today, it’s not unusual for Lipinski to be at the pointy end with that stat every week. He won’t be getting “ rested “ anytime soon.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Bombers took a bit of a gamble by only playing one ruckman, albeit Phillips was out injured from the week before. Draper was really impressive early but there was always a chance he would be gassed by the last quarter coming up against both Grundy and Cameron
That’s pretty much how it panned out, with Grundy and Cameron saving their much needed best till the last quarter. I don’t think anyone believes Grundy is in his best form but he certainly showed glimpses of it when the game was on the line. Cameron’s last quarter was important too.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:33 pm

I'm pleased and relieved that we beat the Essenscum.

We are better without Cox.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Quote:
There is only one solution here.....Divorce.

Compelling her to change her team to yours should be part of every pre-marriage prenuptial agreement/binding financial agreement.

Getting married without one these days is utter madness.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:07 pm

Grundy gone for 3 months with a knee. Krueger gone for the season with his shoulder. Stirring win, 2 big injuries. Yep, checks out…
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:36 pm

^ Awful news Sad

It only makes Grundy's final quarter all the more extraordinary.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:21 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Big day for me.

When my son was about 10 days old, I took him to Vic Park, wrapped him a black and white scarf and placed his feet in the goal square of the hallowed turf; the first time his feet had touched the earth. I photographed the occasion. A few years later, when his kindergarten teacher was encouraging him to follow the Bombers, I calmly pulled out the photo, showed it to him, and explained that he had already been christened a Collingwood supporter. End of story. Take my advice mate, do not allow free will. It's too important.

RB, this is the best!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:37 pm

Fly talked about how difficult it can be to arrest a side has momentum after our losses

Yesterday they showed the are capable of achieving that

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:46 pm

Was ther any player reported yesterday v essendon thinking an essendon player was reported not too sure on who but it was for a late hit on adams in the 3 quarter
Take_a_Screamer Leo

..No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:11 pm

Who are the contenders to replace Grundy?

Cameron, Moore, Begg, Cox, Quaynor

...err skip Quaynor

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: