Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Begg showed potential
Ginnivan backed up last week
Brown bros did well
Cameron was better than I thought he would be

A lot to like and a lot to dislike about the match
Too many players go missing in parts of matches but experience will eliminate that

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:21 pm

Good win considering we are 4-3 when people had us 1-6. Magden kicking his first gaol was great
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I generally avoid the game thread as it's full of negative venting. Had a couple of glimpses today, no difference. I don't get the hate for the Brown boys. Yeah they aint their dad but they're getting games because the selectors like what they bring. Ty had an equal game high 8 tackles. Not everyone can be a star but everyone can play a role.

I usually avoid the game thread too but at one point I did call the constant criticisers magpie wankers and I stick with that. They give me the shits šŸ¤¬ I donā€™t mind criticising players if they deserved it but some of the criticism was totally unjustified due to previous held prejudices against some players. FFS criticise the opposition and the umpires but lay off slagging off our own players and then pretending to be loyal fans the next minute. Bah humbugšŸ˜”

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:25 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Good win.

Few things we obviously need to work on, Defence leaked a bit today, and our manning up is a problem too.

4-3 after 7 rounds I will take that, after our 2021 season.

Well, as Jezza said in the game thread - we kicked 7 in the first term today, and 7 for the entire game in 2021. So we made amends there. It has literally taken me a year to get over that loss.

I don't think it was our Defence which was the problem - all the players got sucked up the field to our end, thus our F50 was cluttered with GCS players.
As most of our efforts to retain the ball inside F50 were utterly pissweak, and the pill slingshot out the back to where the GCS runners like Miller, Weller etc cut us to ribbons, launching attacks into an open 50.
Suns are a faster side than us, with much more precise field kicking, unlike our usual butchers. The disposal standard is still totally putrid, as is some bewildering decision making, senior players the main culprits.
Any other team would have kicked us off the park today; as it was, we were outscored after quarter time.

We'd have been absolutely slaughtered if Max King had played today; there would have been no available match-up for both him and the Carlton reject.

Umpiring let way too much go, both ways, to the point of embarrassing themselves. Too many excellent tackles not rewarded, blatant throws, in-the-backs ignored, players setting up a camp-site over the ball; the list goes on. Next week they'll go back to paying anything half there.

So sure, the effort is there from most players, as it has been every week, but I can't see us breaking any games open any time soon until the disposal level takes a quantum leap.
And murdered in centre clearances for the second successive week; it's really becoming painful to watch.
I'm struggling to remember the last time we kicked such a high score, with the skills level as poor as it was. No wonder the players are looking totally gassed by the final siren.

Plaudits to Daicos bros, Noble, IQ, Begg, Lippa, Pendles and Sidebottom, who I and many others have been critical of his input for much of 2022 to date.

Anyhoo, W4/L3 and in the eight. It's an improvement on 2021, and for all it's faults, still warrants a big tick after 4 rounds.

See how we go next week against Tiggers, with no Grundy against Solvo and Nankervis. Oh, and Princess due to return. Beat them, and it will be our best win for 2022.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I generally avoid the game thread as it's full of negative venting. Had a couple of glimpses today, no difference. I don't get the hate for the Brown boys. Yeah they aint their dad but they're getting games because the selectors like what they bring. Ty had an equal game high 8 tackles. Not everyone can be a star but everyone can play a role.

I usually avoid the game thread too but at one point I did call the constant criticisers magpie wankers and I stick with that. They give me the shits šŸ¤¬ I donā€™t mind criticising players if they deserved it but some of the criticism was totally unjustified due to previous held prejudices against some players. FFS criticise the opposition and the umpires but lay off slagging off our own players and then pretending to be loyal fans the next minute. Bah humbugšŸ˜”

Completely agree

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:35 pm

I take that as a validation of my comments from a respected poster like you. However I donā€™t think we can ever eradicate this type of blatant hypocrisy because the perpetrators wonā€™t admit to this being a problem for them.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Completely agree

Yeh, me too, some here get more jollies out of us going badly, and sledging our players , damned if i can figure them out. Just on the game, no Kayo at present so missed it, but seems we did OK, take a four goals win anyday, for sure. Now the Tigers, and the fixture is crap, for us, we have really tough games now. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I would argue that Magpies wankers are those who criticise supporters who view the game differently to them.

We don't have to all follow the team the same as each other, that would be stupid and boring.

Hate is also a harsh term to use, none of us hate the players, we just want them to do better than they are.

In terms of Gavin's boys, I would love dearly to see them succeed at the Pies, but I can call it as I see it as well. If I dont like what they are doing I will call it out.

If some supporters don't like criticism of players, thats their problem, not mine.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 pm

piedys wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Good win.

Few things we obviously need to work on, Defence leaked a bit today, and our manning up is a problem too.

4-3 after 7 rounds I will take that, after our 2021 season.

Well, as Jezza said in the game thread - we kicked 7 in the first term today, and 7 for the entire game in 2021. So we made amends there. It has literally taken me a year to get over that loss.

I don't think it was our Defence which was the problem - all the players got sucked up the field to our end, thus our F50 was cluttered with GCS players.
As most of our efforts to retain the ball inside F50 were utterly pissweak, and the pill slingshot out the back to where the GCS runners like Miller, Weller etc cut us to ribbons, launching attacks into an open 50.
Suns are a faster side than us, with much more precise field kicking, unlike our usual butchers. The disposal standard is still totally putrid, as is some bewildering decision making, senior players the main culprits.
Any other team would have kicked us off the park today; as it was, we were outscored after quarter time.

We'd have been absolutely slaughtered if Max King had played today; there would have been no available match-up for both him and the Carlton reject.

Umpiring let way too much go, both ways, to the point of embarrassing themselves. Too many excellent tackles not rewarded, blatant throws, in-the-backs ignored, players setting up a camp-site over the ball; the list goes on. Next week they'll go back to paying anything half there.

So sure, the effort is there from most players, as it has been every week, but I can't see us breaking any games open any time soon until the disposal level takes a quantum leap.
And murdered in centre clearances for the second successive week; it's really becoming painful to watch.
I'm struggling to remember the last time we kicked such a high score, with the skills level as poor as it was. No wonder the players are looking totally gassed by the final siren.

Plaudits to Daicos bros, Noble, IQ, Begg, Lippa, Pendles and Sidebottom, who I and many others have been critical of his input for much of 2022 to date.

Anyhoo, W4/L3 and in the eight. It's an improvement on 2021, and for all it's faults, still warrants a big tick after 4 rounds.

See how we go next week against Tiggers, with no Grundy against Solvo and Nankervis. Oh, and Princess due to return. Beat them, and it will be our best win for 2022.

Jesus, I completely forget Max King was missing for them. That certainly evened it up with Grundy missing then

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:00 pm

I missed the last forty minutes or so of the game because some friends turned up at my house unexpectedly during the third quarter,and itā€™s hard to concentrate on the game,when youā€™re talking to people.šŸ˜Iā€™ll have to watch a replay of the rest of the game.

But anyway,it was good t get another win on the board.It seems strange but under Buckley we couldnā€™t score but we defended well,but now under Macrae itā€™s the exact opposite.We score freely,but our defence is very loose and leaks a lot of unnecessary goals.How to strike the right balance?Thatā€™s what we need to do if weā€™re going to continue to improve.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:05 pm

I thought Noble was good, first time I have ever said that, so good on him.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Yeh, me too, some here get more jollies out of us going badly, and sledging our players , damned if i can figure them out. Just on the game, no Kayo at present so missed it, but seems we did OK, take a four goals win anyday, for sure. Now the Tigers, and the fixture is crap, for us, we have really tough games now. Surprised

An underrated win today. GC are pretty good and given the dominance of Witts, Cameron / Begg were competitive.

Everything said in the game thread about the Brown's is pretty accurate. Both try but have too little impact on the game. McCreery is in the same boat. They all apply pressure, but I don't think you can build a successful career just applying pressure. Mids need to get their hands on the ball, and forwards need to kick goals.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:34 pm

Nice to see the boys win today, even better we are in the eight. Very Happy
Ginnivan's quite a character and talent. What an asset he brings.
His consistency and type of play lifts the whole side, even Madgen is kicking a long goal!

This is still a very inexperienced team.
Slowly each week we will improve the skill level and play more as a cohesive unit.Very Happy

Begg's first game was full of intent.

Eventually players like Nick Daicos and Reef McInnes will explode.
We will recruit a brute full forward such that I see in every other side.
So much potential. Even so, I expect to finish the year vying for the top four.

ā¤ļøļø

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sun May 01, 2022 6:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Good win, we're in the 8 at 4:3.

Begg didn't set the world on fire but he had a crack, 4 marks and 3 tackles is likely more than his VFL total tally. Needs work and time but there's something there to work with.

Stu, when you think where this kid has come from, I reckon it was a very impressive start to a promising career. Heā€™s still 19, came off a shoulder reco last year, late pick in the mid season draft and another one who has played very little footy in last couple years.
He was easily beaten in the ruck but I loved his second efforts and his ability to be useful with his around the ground positioning.
I thought playing him was a mistake but Iā€™m always happy to be proven wrong when a player exceeds the expectations.
If nothing else, what today has shown, is that heā€™s a keeper for a couple more years at the very least. As you said, thereā€™s plenty there to work with.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:44 pm

Lazza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yet last week you had people whinging about criticism of the umpires as well!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: