Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes1970 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I don't get the hate for the Brown boys....Not everyone can be a star but everyone can play a role.

This!!!!
I like them both. They attack the ball hard. ..... And at least they have played at the level which is more than most of the people ripping on them can say.

Cal Brown got up for the game despite sickness which says a lot for his character.
However, his confidence looks shot. He won't kick the ball and, given how quickly he wanted to palm the pill off to others, he doesn't want the ball in his hands.
He arrived at the club with potential, showed more early on than Josh Daicos but something went wrong. He's now a liability. I hope he can turn it around but, on current form, should be delisted at the end of the year.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:15 am

Stop the blind one eyed rhetoric and just judge the Browns on their impact to a game. Tyler gets a tick, started to see a bit more attack on the ball. Callum’s decision making and disposal was really really bad today. Big cross. The latter looks shot.
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:27 am

thank god we had Noble is all i will say. Just kept popping up to thwart their overlap attack. Hard as boots. Fast as the flash and extraordinarily precise disposal.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:13 am

The game and some simalar trends !!

Yesterday as Anzac we come out blazing then retreat to a less positive game

This happened a bit last year

But different to last year they have been able to stifle opposition momentum and put some distance from opponents on the score board

I am hoping as they develop a regular team they will be foot to pedal majority of games

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:31 am

So many positives from the weekend and that includes the VFL.

- Seniors win kicking 100 +
- VFL win kicking 100 +
- No new injuries ( to date )
- Seniors win without Grundy, Elliot, Roughy, Krueger and a less than 100% fit DeGoey
- Begg debuts as 19 year old big man and proves he isn’t out of his depth.

For some, that’s still not enough but for the realists, that’s a lot to like over one weekend of footy.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Mon May 02, 2022 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:57 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Pipes1970 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I don't get the hate for the Brown boys....Not everyone can be a star but everyone can play a role.

This!!!!
I like them both. They attack the ball hard. ..... And at least they have played at the level which is more than most of the people ripping on them can say.

Cal Brown got up for the game despite sickness which says a lot for his character.
However, his confidence looks shot. He won't kick the ball and, given how quickly he wanted to palm the pill off to others, he doesn't want the ball in his hands.
He arrived at the club with potential, showed more early on than Josh Daicos but something went wrong. He's now a liability. I hope he can turn it around but, on current form, should be delisted at the end of the year.

I see it differently, I see his role as to play inside and get the ball out by hand quickly so rather than not wanting the ball he's playing to instructions.

That the coach wanted him in the team when it was right down to the wire as to whether he was well enough says to me that the coach likes what he's delivering.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:59 am

P2016 yes that’s it in a nutshell—“We want to get better every week “ is in the process that we are witnessing and comment of fast start -level off will change to a game of almost 100 % quality and intensity

Josh Daicos has taken a huge leap this year and his brother Nick is learning the AFL top level game

Begg a ✔️
Ginny a ✔️
Noble who I’ve always liked has like Josh taken a leap

Positive growth before our eyes—-we will be a dominant side down the track

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:30 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
So many positives from the weekend and that includes the VFL.

- Seniors win kicking 100 +
- VFL win kicking 100 +
- Seniors win without Grundy, Elliot, Roughy, Krueger and a less than 100% fit DeGoey
- Begg debuts as 19 year old big man and proves he isn’t out of his depth.

For some, that’s still not enough.

😲 I can’t work out such supporters 🙄 I wonder if they believe we can win the flag this season, living in their reality free planet 🥴

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Pipes1970 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

This!!!!

I see it differently, I see his role as to play inside and get the ball out by hand quickly so rather than not wanting the ball he's playing to instructions.

That the coach wanted him in the team when it was right down to the wire as to whether he was well enough says to me that the coach likes what he's delivering.

We’re playing a very taxing brand of footy, so if nothing else, what the Browns selection says about both of them, is they are at least fitter than the alternatives. Unfortunately fitness levels aren’t measured by game day stats
You can either play two brothers who are deemed fit enough to run our game style out or you could possibly replace them with a little more polish that isn’t as fit as them. When you’re looking for the extra in a close contest late in the game, I know who I’m picking.
Pep 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:39 pm

Good game to watch, fast paced and lots of goals. We are playing a good attacking brand.

I think the defensive plan is and will be a work in progress to compliment our attacking game style.

Will be interesting to see how we go against the tigs.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Tiggers are just another hurdle on the way to where we want to be
Against those oxygen thieves from Princes Park is one I do want a WIN

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:58 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Pipes1970 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

This!!!!

Couldn't get to the game as I was on the other side of the city and the game was on too early for me. However before I watched the game on replay I read the post mortems here and expected the worst for both Brown brothers. Must say I was pleasantly surprised how they played, particularly Tyler, who is never going to be a high possession player. Callum was good too. Guess people have to find something to complain about. His main issue is his kicking with a couple of misdirected kicks finishing up with the opposition. He needs to dispose of the ball quicker and make quicker wiser decisions than what he's doing at the moment. That will come with time. Some players adapt quickly to AFL. Ginnivan is one of those. Some players need time. AFL is a difficult game. Callum is one of those who needs time.
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:58 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I missed the last forty minutes or so of the game because some friends turned up at my house unexpectedly during the third quarter,and it’s hard to concentrate on the game,when you’re talking to people......

Does that happen in 2022!! Unexpected visitors......?!! Smile

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:30 pm

Quote:

We’re playing a very taxing brand of footy, so if nothing else, what the Browns selection says about both of them, is they are at least fitter than the alternatives. ... When you’re looking for the extra in a close contest late in the game, I know who I’m picking.

I'd agree with this, especially having spent the last few years watching Cal Brown run around like a maniac hassling and tackling.
McRae might also be sending a message to the up and comers - it's about more than talent and, if you want a game in the seniors, be dedicated, train hard and perform consistently in the VFL.
However, having spent most if his time at Collingwood chasing and tackling as a defensive forward, it appears that all Cal can now do well is chase and tackle.
He's played his "role" so well that his skills (and confidence) have stagnated.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:00 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Good effort today
Today proved one thing many have been saying for some time
Hit outs is the most useless stat in the game
We lost them 50-17 but onky lost clearances 33-36
So even hit outs to advantage aren’t worth anything when pressure comes from your midfielders who are expecting not to win the clearance
A ruckman on $250k is just as effective as one on $1m
That $750k could be spent on a power forward or elite midfielder
Next week we can’t give Richmond the freedom to move the ball like we did to the Suns today they won’t waste the opportunities
Defence needs to go back to man on man and stay within 5m of them not giving them 10/20m room
4-3 is a good start let’s hope we continue to improve

Really significant points made here, I reckon.

Nothing can now change the total waste of salary cap allocated to the ruck position going into season 2020 (I am still fuming that Geoff Walsh has never had to answer for his role in orchestrating that huge mistake Evil or Very Mad) It put the acquisition of some further tall forward power back years. Crying or Very sad

In the meantime, my favourite player Checkers does a superb job of shouldering that tall forward load mostly on his own! Fantastic to see him named player of the week on the CFC website. His is such a wonderful footy story, all the way from selection 22 in the rookie draft of 2018.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: