Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On!. Magpies v. Tigers. Updates, all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:33 am
Post subject: Game On!. Magpies v. Tigers. Updates, all comments.Reply with quote

Collingwood v. Richmond

MCG. 1.45

B Isaac Quaynor Darcy Moore Scott Pendlebury
HB Brayden Maynard Jeremy Howe John Noble
C Steele Sidebottom Taylor Adams Josh Daicos
HF Will Hoskin-Elliott Jack Ginnivan Brody Mihocek
F Patrick Lipinski Jordan De Goey Oliver Henry

R Darcy Cameron Tyler Brown Jack Crisp

INT Aiden Begg Nick Daicos Beau McCreery Trent Bianco

EMERG Jack Madgen Caleb Poulter Mason Cox Callum Brown

IN: Oliver Henry, Trent Bianco

OUT: Callum L. Brown (Omitted), Jack Madgen (Omitted), Reef McInnes (Medi-Sub)

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat May 07, 2022 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We will rue dropping Madgen me fears!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:06 am

Would really like to see Aiden Begg use his athleticism as a lead out forward today, and that means arms outstretched onto forward f50 entries.
The thing that often panics both old and young backmen alike is when players get a run at the ball, resulting in them coming late to the contest and then the chopping the arms.
Mobile big-men in the forward line give opposition coaches headaches.

We saw it numerous times with Cox, but through a combination of him not leading to the ball often enough, not having players skilled enough by foot to bring him onto a lead, and even when he did, not getting multiple free kicks awarded during his time in the Sun.
His career effectively stalled as a result from the end of the 2019 season.

So, my smokey over the coming games will be Begg, if given space to get on the end of a few leads, to give us a valuable tall forward option / foil we need, until Kreuger returns.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/950856/highlights-aiden-begg?msclkid=7b947ce3cd8f11ecba96501598f5f627

Really looking forward to this today, while not the Tigers of 2017-2020, it's a timely test against a disciplined side, still replete with enough A grade match-day class to wind back the clock.
Still, we have the new game style, that'll cause some adjustment by the Richmond brains trust.

I still think Madgen will be a late in, for one of the flu / gastro impacted players to make way.

Pies by a kick.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

......No.23...Bobby Hill .....

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:58 am

Looking forward to Tyler Brown's new role and greater responsibility.
Hope he goes well today. Lipinski's role changes as a result but not sure to what.

We certainly have a small forward line today but with the new style of play all are goal kickers.
Maybe we will see them run rings around the Richmond defence.

I do feel though, we are lacking one big man.

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sat May 07, 2022 11:08 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:02 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
We will rue dropping Madgen me fears!

Yes I agree, bad move. His value is just about always underrated. However let’s see how his replacement goes in what will be an extremely busy backline. In all honesty I cannot see Collingwood beating this mob, irrespective of the player changes. If we can lose by a margin of 20 or less, it will be a monumental result. Realistically I cannot see us winning. If ever I want to be totally wrong, this is it.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:10 am

Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too, if its close and we lose in the ruck, just hope Begg can hold his own, be a good test for him. Tigers still a big benchmark, not as good, but still a dominant unit at times, that Balta concerns me. We will have a red hot go, no doubt, and we may even win, though im not confident. Tigers have Sir Dusty back on deck, and will be on a real high, the Punt rd drums an ferals will go ballistic. Tigers by nine points, after a big struggle, close game. Go Woods !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:40 am

Jack’s gonna piss off Dusty.
Dusty’s gonna ragdoll Jack.
Jack’s gonna give some back.
Pies’ players gonna back up Jack.
Melee’s gonna build up quick.
Pies win; Tay gets a week.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 11:54 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too

Cox has played 2 AFL games this season and managed no goals in either game, had 7 clangers from a total of 13 disposals, scored just 2 behinds and had a total of 11 hitouts. He is like the black hole of Collingwood rucking.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:02 pm

I think we’ll see a far more harmonious back six this week. Madgen always seems to be front and centre when it comes to opposition joe the goose goals or unmarked players taking marks near their goal square. I for one am very happy he’s out as I am happy that Prestia and Vlaustone are out for Richmond. Maynard will take care of Martin as he usually does only this time Dusty is 2 months underdone and Bruz is just coming good. Our midfield has to win if we are to win today, which I think we will by a comfortable 5 goals or more.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:03 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too

Cox has played 2 AFL games this season and managed no goals in either game, had 7 clangers from a total of 13 disposals, scored just 2 behinds and had a total of 11 hitouts. He is like the black hole of Collingwood rucking.

Yep, if we ever hear USA! USA! again it means Cameron has gone down with an injury.
The Mason Cox experiment (a good name for a band) finished at the end of the 2019 season. Let's appreciate him for what he did in the 2018 Prelim, one of the best moments of supporting the Pies over the journey, but it's time to move on.
Will be a good player to have in our VFL side, but it should go no further than that.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:09 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Yep, if we ever hear USA! USA! again it means Cameron has gone down with an injury.
The Mason Cox experiment (a good name for a band) finished at the end of the 2019 season. Let's appreciate him for what he did in the 2018 Prelim, one of the best moments of supporting the Pies over the journey, but it's time to move on.
Will be a good player to have in our VFL side, but it should go no further than that.

Exactly right.

Have to move on from Cox. He's only there if we've exhausted all other options first.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:23 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too, if its close and we lose in the ruck, just hope Begg can hold his own, be a good test for him. Tigers still a big benchmark, not as good, but still a dominant unit at times, that Balta concerns me. We will have a red hot go, no doubt, and we may even win, though im not confident. Tigers have Sir Dusty back on deck, and will be on a real high, the Punt rd drums an ferals will go ballistic. Tigers by nine points, after a big struggle, close game. Go Woods !

Cold, wet and slippery. Not good for player who can't take a mark when it's hot and dry
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:27 pm

well hopefully we give a good read hot go. i dont get the magden call unless hes crook

still have manflu myself so im not going, drat it! yell for me guys,

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Apparently Madgen is the sub
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:47 pm

FINAL TEAMS | No late changes.

Sydney Stack & Jack Madgen the subs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21   

Jump to: