Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty obvious that Darcy's form and influence has dropped this season. I am wondering why, assuming he is not carrying an injury.

Is he being coached to be a roaming interceptor like McGovern? The space he allowed Lynch in the first half suggests this is a possibility. If that is to be his main role, then there needs to be an extra tall player added to the backline.

Or is he feeling obliged to try and cover for his team mates as well as guard his own man, so is getting caught in between?

It's just so bewildering to see him give so much latitude to his opponent.

He did do much better in the last quarter when he stuck like glue to Lynch.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:34 pm

N Daicos had 24 not 16. He was good as were Lipinski, Crisp and Pendles as always. Always sucks losing to these Tiger flogs but we stuck it out and a potential 10 goal shellacking was kept under 30. The backline is a real concern and we’re screaming for a big forward to lighten Checkers work load.

Still vastly better to watch than the slop we produced the past two years, win or loss.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that Darcy's form and influence has dropped this season. I am wondering why, assuming he is not carrying an injury.

Is he being coached to be a roaming interceptor like McGovern? The space he allowed Lynch in the first half suggests this is a possibility. If that is to be his main role, then there needs to be an extra tall player added to the backline.

Or is he feeling obliged to try and cover for his team mates as well as guard his own man, so is getting caught in between?

It's just so bewildering to see him give so much latitude to his opponent.

He did do much better in the last quarter when he stuck like glue to Lynch.

You answered your own question. He’s trying to cover two opponents. Let him try to beat his own direct opponent he’ll be much better.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:37 pm

Jezza wrote:
I think dropping Madgen was an error in hindsight. We didn’t have a sufficient matchup for Lynch.

Yeah I get it that Magden divides opinion here but I think he should have played. Wouldn’t have made any difference to the final result but the margin would have been less. Oh well, time to move on to next week.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:38 pm

Nothing More to say about Collingwood this Afternoon then we where Utterly Pathetic and Lack of Effort was Terrible.

Watching the Grass Grow was as Exciting as Watching Collingwood play today

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:38 pm

Coaching style
Like the corridor run.
A bad decision at the selection table not playing Madge.
28 scoring opportunities to 26, perhaps flattered us. We did kick poorly when we had the momentum though

Players
Our kids did well, Daicos X 2 just doing what they do best.
Plenty to like about Ginni and Henry, will be a very good players. Begg tries hard, will grow each game. Keep playing him.
Brown did well in contested footy, but just is too slow to run through the guts. Not sure he reads the play well either, surprising given his pedigree.
Lipinski won't want to see some of his replay, really shirked from a few contests.
Liked Cameron's game, showed a lot maturity today, could have been monstered, have us presence.
Moore, was simply a dirty day out for him.
Bianco and Cal Brown are the same player. Just not agile enough to warrant playing more games into them.
Sidey is done. Let the Club organise his send off, don't play him into the ground for the rest of the season.
JDG isn't far off it, while he threatened, he wasn't given much space today, was pretty well held.
McReery looks like he is close to getting back into top gear.

Ins : Macrae, Murphy
Outs : Sidey, Bianco

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat May 07, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:40 pm

A 3 game rookie ,indigenous player and our own, life time ,highly paid, full back got us a newly ripped ring hole. How is it, that a 3 game novice, I couldn't give a stuff what his name is, destroy us?? What couldn't Darcy Moore see in the first 1/2 that he finally saw in the second?? Tyler Brown needs to follow his Brother into the 2's, Lipinski needs to stop being so half hearted around the ball. I had hopes for Bianco but he's just too small and and got flung around like a rag doll. The turnovers were unspeakable. A blight on everything we thought we had over come. The pretty simple missed goals as well as the truck load of missed tackles just kept putting us out of the game.
The change came after Henry missed a fairly simple goal, just before 1/2 time to put us 1 point down, instead 3 goals in 2 minutes and we are 4 goals down at 1/2 time. What we got beaten by as it goes. McCreery gave 3 tackling free kicks away in a row when we were on the move. It's OK to tackle hard ,but not to give a frickin free kick away every time and missed 2 or 3 pretty simple goals, as did the Daicos brothers who in the 3rd qtr, missed 3 ,Josh 2 and Nick 1. we're not far off, but there's a few in that team that need to start putting in a lot harder.
PS!! If Madgen had have played, we would have seen Lynch outmarking Madgen instead of Quaynor, while Moore was no where in the picture.Then we, the anti Madg, would have more fuel for the fire as the result would not have changed.

Last edited by mudlark on Sat May 07, 2022 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:42 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
One more thing.I think we badly missed Grundy today.We got absolutely smashed in the ruck,just as we did last week.I’m not saying that we would have won if he had played,but I think we would have been a lot more competitive if he had.

We actually did pretty well at the dead-ball contests. They won the hit-outs 49 to 16 but only shaded us at the clearances - the centre clearances ended up even and for most of the game, Collingwood was in front on that count. Ultimately, we only had 3 fewer inside 50s and if a couple of the players had taken their chances, it could well have been close. Cameron, in particular, had a good game - with 21 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles. Giving him the opportunity to ruck around the ground will be help speed up his improvement.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:43 pm

Didn't see the game but anyone thinking an undersized 192cm Madgen would have made a difference on a big key forward like Lynch hasn't paid close enough attention to his career to date.

It was always going to be a bust if Moore couldn't contain him. It was a bust.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:47 pm

Just a horrible game today.
Missed targets.
Poor options to 50-50s in the centre when an extra second of composure would have helped.
Dumb as dog sh!t decision making.
Outnumbered in F50 yet also outnumbered in D50.
Front and centre non existent.
Just an amateur-club effort today.
Undersized beyond belief.
You make your own luck sometimes, and the majority of our team is just not at a high footy IQ level.
Rushed goalkicking.
Players who would rather give a hot potato to another player than use it themselves.
I could go on and on.
I don’t know what Leppitsch thinks he’s trying to do with our defence and transition defence, but it is deplorable.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:47 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I think dropping Madgen was an error in hindsight. We didn’t have a sufficient matchup for Lynch.

Yeah I get it that Magden divides opinion here but I think he should have played. Wouldn’t have made any difference to the final result but the margin would have been less. Oh well, time to move on to next week.

You too have answered your own question. He would have made no difference to the result. What I was hoping for was McRae having an excuse to bring Madgen on after half time. Every game this year but for this week and last week we haven’t been able to play our medical sub.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Sat May 07, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:49 pm

strange game plan but i reckon we were off because of illness, players didnt seem on, right from the getgo. coaches should of know better what to expect from these pricks, we were destroyed all over the park for the major part of the game. however it was men against kids out there and from what i saw out there the kids looked good in parts. theres alot to work with but the whole team looks small in stature and they seem to preserve themselves in a contested situation. granted they can't all be a rowell or a adams type player but man we need to find some grunt with what we have.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:50 pm

All the people who keep calling for the Browns to be dropped in favour of the Biancos and Macraes probably would do well to stop and think after Bianco's non-appearance. The Browns dominate in the VFL. They may not be good enough for the AFL - but it beggars belief that people expect players who get half of the ball the Browns get in the VFL to play AFL-standard football in the seniors. When players look too small and too slow in the VFL, you have to be doubtful they can make a serious contribution in the seniors.

The only mid (who isn't a Brown) who plays consistently well enough in the seconds to warrant consideration for a senior game is Tardrew - and he isn't even on the senior list.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:51 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Didn't see the game but anyone thinking an undersized 192cm Madgen would have made a difference on a big key forward like Lynch hasn't paid close enough attention to his career to date.

It was always going to be a bust if Moore couldn't contain him. It was a bust.

It didn't help Moore who is 4cm taller than Lynch. Not having another defender meant More couldn't play as a loose defender and he got murdered.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:52 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Just a horrible game today.
Missed targets.
Poor options to 50-50s in the centre when an extra second of composure would have helped.
Dumb as dog sh!t decision making.
Outnumbered in F50 yet also outnumbered in D50.
Front and centre non existent.
Just an amateur-club effort today.
Undersized beyond belief.
You make your own luck sometimes, and the majority of our team is just not at a high footy IQ level.
Rushed goalkicking.
Players who would rather give a hot potato to another player than use it themselves.
I could go on and on.
I don’t know what Leppitsch thinks he’s trying to do with our defence and transition defence, but it is deplorable.

I love that "Hot Potato analogy. Some of the gives to players under the hammer are just breathtakingly horrendous. I am very critical of Lipinski getting the ball and literally ,immediately hanballing it to no one in a better position and a lot of times, over his head to whoever happens to be there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: