Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 12.14.86
Richmond 17.11.113

Goals: Ginni 3 Checkers, Henry, H-E 2, Adams, Crisp, McCreery 1,

Disposals: Lipinski, Crisp 30, Adams 29, Pendles 24, Cameron 21, De Goey 20, Sidey 18, Tyler, Howe, IQ 17, N Daics, H-E, Noble 16, Moore 11, J Daics 8

Tackles: Brown, Cameron, Crisp 6, Noble 5.

D/E: Howe, IQ 88.2%, Pendles 87.5

AFs: Crisp, Cameron 111, Adams 93, Lipinski 92, N Daics 83

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat May 07, 2022 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:27 pm

Looking at our thread bare forward line and our distinct lack of height and body size, the talk from a lot of commentators concerning west coast, is that should move several players on. One of them being Jack Darling, who I have once described as having a heart the size of a split pea ,but on his day, can be OK. Given that we can now shelve Kreuger on the injured list and the talk of getting McStay from Brisbane, I would suggest, a pipe dream at best, could this be a possibility in the MSD and would he help the cause.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:30 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Which probably tells you more about the standard of VFL than it does the suitability of the Browns to the AFL.

Yes - I wasn't making a point about the Browns. I was making a point about the competition for their spots. It isn't fierce. What I think we're going to see for a period is a revolving-door theme. Instead of people pretending that the Coach is gifting the Browns games, it might be a good idea to have a look at how they've gone and how Bianco has gone in the seniors and ask oneself how the other potential midfielders must be performing in the twos at the moment to be behind the Browns in the pecking order. I think the real problem at the moment is that the Browns are getting picked ahead of others on their merit.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and Macrae will come in and shred the opposition - but it doesn't look very likely on what we've seen from him in the VFL this year.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:31 pm

I was only watching on tv but just about every time we were running into the forward line, the forwards were running BACK toward goal, there was no lead toward the ball carrier, which then leads to the only option left, a high bomb which was picked off fairly easily. Surely this can be coached into them fairly quickly.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:32 pm

Quote:
It’s blaring obvious our list is deficient in tall defenders and there’s nothing McRae can do about it.

We did recruit Dean last year (injured), Kelly has been around for a few years (always injured) and, I'm guessing, we were hoping that one of Keane/Tohill (off with the leprechauns) would come along. So, if everything had worked out and if everyone was fit, our defensive stocks would be ok. But plans don't always work out.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:36 pm

mudlark wrote:
. I think he was involved in the last turnover right at the end ,which really, should have been another Collingwood goal, but ended up down the other end for a Richmond goal. Had he have gone a lot harder, the ball could, at least, have stayed in our forward line. His numbers certainly back up his selection.

it was a piss weak effort. that sought of stuff should relegate him to a week in the VFL.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:36 pm

It's no coincidence that we concede the highest score against us this season after leaving Madgen out of the side.

We have some very average skilled players running around out there.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:47 pm

I thought perhaps our light bodied inexperienced mosquito midfield might have had the run in the last 45 min of the game to get over the top but as it turned out it was the lack of physical presence by our light bodied inexperienced mosquito midfield that cost us the game. Lynch getting on the end is largely the price to that, although DM could have done a bit better.

We just look a bit small, a bit meek and just lacking in upper body strength to really stick those tackles hard, to really make the opposition feel it. We have no physical presence that can bully sides yet, and we may not get that into our game with this current group. I've said before but we are two big bodied enforcer type mids and a quality genuine KPF away from winning a game like this. But, we may also be a KPB away too now that Roughy may be on borrowed time.

We stuck at it and never gave up without looking like winning, similar to the Lions game. I think the character of the group is good but it does feel a lot like 2014 again. It's going to take a while!

MONCO: Your life.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We should have played Cox, he always worries the tigers.

You're like a broken record. Do you read nothing that anybody posts in response to your baseless assertions about Cox?

He's played against Richmond 6 times. He played well against them once. It's all a long time ago. To try to capture just how long ago it is - the last time he kicked a goal against Richmond, Dayne Beams got 2 Brownlow votes for us.

Spot on.

It's unhealthy to have such a fixation with Cox and thinking that he'll magically recapture the form he has shown in, what, maybe 6-7 quarters in his career.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:52 pm

Cox has to come in.

Whether that's at the expense of Begg or in addition to is up to the selectors.

While Begg for such a raw prospect has done well to get his hands on the ball he's providing little influence in ruck contests and has been a non factor up forward at both VFL and AFL to date.

With Grundy out and Mihocek effectively the lone tall forward when Cameron is in the ruck can we really afford the luxury of a Begg doing well with his follow up work but offering little at present in the big man stakes?

For all of his flaws Cox still offers more than Begg in a forward role and personally I can actually see him having a greater ability than Cameron to win or halve ruck contests.

I sometimes wonder what might have been with Cox and whether we overlooked the blinding obvious that a man standing 211cm was always better suited to being developed as a ruck option first rather than the path we took.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:56 pm

Our precise handball run and carry game is evolving. I like what I am seeing in that regard.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
We should have played Cox, he always worries the tigers. Obviously not good enough to compete with the big boys yes, its all in the future. I did expect to lose a close game, so iim a bit disappointed in that regard. Now for the Dogs and Dockers, at their home games, so the draw from hell continues for us.

Yeah, calling bullshit on that one. Let's unpick that 6 game body of work.

Cox didn't play against the Tigers Round 17, 2021. 16 point Win
Cox didn't play against the Tigers Round 2, 2020. Draw
Cox played against the Tigers, Round 19 2019. (11 disposals, 4 marks, 1 behind) 32 point Loss
Cox played against the Tigers, Round 2, 2019. (11 disposals, 7 marks, 2 goals 3 behinds. 44 point Win
Cox played against the Tigers in the 2018 Prelim. We all know what happened there.
Cox played against the Tigers Round 19, 2018. (11 disposals, 4 marks, 2 goals 1 behind) 28 point loss.
Cox played against the Tigers Round 6, 2018. (10 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals 1 behind) 43 point Loss

DT 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:02 pm

A lot to like today - Ginnivan and Henry are both talented players. Nick Daicos was very good. IQ was ok but is a real talent.

Noble surprised me a bit - has improved a lot.

McCreary needs to keep working but is useful.

We really miss Roughead - our backline will improve a lot when he returns.

I think Bianco looked slow and couldn’t get into the match. We will learn a lot from this hit out.

The game plan is a good one.

Crisp was excellent today - impressive performance

piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:04 pm

Think we missed Madge as much around the back 6 cohesion as anything and I wonder if that contributed to the often awkward situation with Moore and Lynch in the first half…? On a few occasions the backs looked a bit confused about who was supposed to be doing what.

Think we need to stick with Begg. Has played 2 games. Josh Daicos was well off today - was he one in the sick bay during the week?

Great game from Noble. Hopefully we can see some other youngsters show a bit more of that kind of endeavour around the ball. Agree with some other posters we looked a little flighty or hesitant around the ball at times.

Ollie Henry has to stay in the team too. You can just see glimpses of the talent even though the execution isn’t always spot on.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:37 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Just highlights the need for power forwards and power defenders,of which we have none.Thanks,Mr Hine.

I'd hope we select only key position player and indigenous players. No more 180 - 190cm "utilities".

This!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: