Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
We should have played Cox, he always worries the tigers. Obviously not good enough to compete with the big boys yes, its all in the future. I did expect to lose a close game, so iim a bit disappointed in that regard. Now for the Dogs and Dockers, at their home games, so the draw from hell continues for us.

Begg got monstered last week in the ruck
He got murdered this week
It was so ficken obvious this was going to happen.
He needs a long time in the VFL so he can develop
FFS bring back Cox and let him play no.1 ruck and give him 5 to 6 weeks not 1 or 2 quarters which he has had for years now.
It is now or never.
Poor selection leaving out magden and Cox
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:48 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Just a horrible game today.
Missed targets.
Poor options to 50-50s in the centre when an extra second of composure would have helped.
Dumb as dog sh!t decision making.
Outnumbered in F50 yet also outnumbered in D50.
Front and centre non existent.
Just an amateur-club effort today.
Undersized beyond belief.
You make your own luck sometimes, and the majority of our team is just not at a high footy IQ level.
Rushed goalkicking.
Players who would rather give a hot potato to another player than use it themselves.
I could go on and on.

Agree with all of that; however if the flu/gastro/or worse is making it's merry way through the club in the last week or two, then I'd be inclined to cut them some slack.

However, very early in first quarter I saw a player from half back, under no immediate pressure, attempt to kick to DeGoey unmarked maybe 30 metres away, and missed him by maybe 10 metres. It's shit like this that set me off early.
I know the effort is there, but constant ball slaughtering under minimal pressure, creating unnecessary turnovers, mainly by senior players, just triggers me. I'm not accepting it anymore; 10 years under Buckley was enough.

McCreery's ineptitude slaughtered our momentum late in 2nd term, his high hit on one of their numerous actors, cost us a shot on goal from a resulting mark inside F50.
This free sent bitchmond forward for a cheap goal created a 3 goal buffer, which then blew out to a what? 5 goal half time break?

So I was broken by early in third term, and had to turn 504 off, before stupidity such as this, usual charity umpiring to them inside their F50, sent me into a further blind rage.

But really, the game was lost at selection table leaving Madge out, it was NOT the week to drop him, as Roughead was not replacing him.
That match-up decision was every bit as inept, as we endured under Buckley for 10 years. So not a good reflection on McFly after what 8 games, and he knows this Bitchmond spine VERY WELL from his time there.

But it seems we fought the game out, unfortunately my patience to witness the last quarter and a half had been eroded by then.

And having to try to roll this side minus Grundy, against those two Neanderthal ruckmen, was too big an ask really.

The less said about Moore's 1st half the better; absolutely the worst game he's EVER played. Please get over your bout of Contractivitus.

And just shut up Cuntstall, you really are an annoying f&cking imbecile to have to listen to. Stick to your dickhead post match Fuxfooty shows and your cheap arse pot shots at anybody within range; leave the actual broadcasting to the professionals, and I use that term loosely at best.

Now we have to take on Footscray, who will have the media spotlight on them this week, after the jackals deflect it away from Port. Just f&cking terrific eh?

Dyso

Last edited by piedys on Sat May 07, 2022 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Although the Tigers played better overall, goal kicking accuracy was a pivotal difference.
They kicked 17.7 plus 4 rushed behinds.
Conversely, we kicked 12.13 plus 1 rushed behind.

We won the last two games on the back of our accuracy. Unfortunately we were back to our usual poor conversion today.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Outplayed by a far better side, but no disaster and I thought there were some good signs.

Begg - gotta play him all season. Yeah he’s skinny, but I like his endeavour. I like that he competes hard and I like that he generally holds his tackles, hits some smart handballs etc. a smother of his led to a Pies goal.

He’ll put on some weight, he’ll continue to learn the game and I think he’s a keeper.

Bianco - geez, what a shame this one has turned out to be!! He tricked us last year. The guy is soft, makes poor decisions…. And did I say he’s soft? He’s no good.

Tyler Brown - As above! Soft and crap and never in the game. Clearly missing some of that Rowdy DNA!!

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:07 pm

Bianco needs weights work and 1000 squats a day to get stronger in the legs, too often he was pushed aside like he was tissue paper in a strong wind. Tigers backline looked a lot bigger than most of our forwards to be honest. End of the day they wanted to win for Dusty and that gave them an extra 5% in effort to kick away from our challenge. What we’ve shown this year is our ability to learn from each game and it’ll all click eventually — we have more natural football players than athletes this year than in previous, and it shows in how quickly they’re adapting to the Fly/Leppa/Black way. We didn’t drop our heads and that’s a good sign they have pride and hurt after a loss.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:34 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Just highlights the need for power forwards and power defenders,of which we have none.Thanks,Mr Hine.

I'd hope we select only key position player and indigenous players. No more 180 - 190cm "utilities".

When folks call for us to draft indigenous players can you, at least, specify what role you see them playing. There isn't a position on the field called "indigenous player".
Is the indigenous player being recruited to be a tough midfielder, wingman, small forward or a key position player? Paddy Ryder, Daniel Rioli, Eddie Betts and Buddy Franklin are all different players, playing different roles.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:44 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Just highlights the need for power forwards and power defenders,of which we have none.Thanks,Mr Hine.

I'd hope we select only key position player and indigenous players. No more 180 - 190cm "utilities".

When folks call for us to draft indigenous players can you, at least, specify what role you see them playing. There isn't a position on the field called "indigenous player".
Is the indigenous player being recruited to be a tough midfielder, wingman, small forward or a key position player? Paddy Ryder, Daniel Rioli, Eddie Betts and Buddy Franklin are all different players, playing different roles.

Does it matter? Choose the best available indigenous player. They might be a forward, a back, a mid.

If their surname is Rioli, even better.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:55 pm

masoncox wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We should have played Cox, he always worries the tigers. Obviously not good enough to compete with the big boys yes, its all in the future. I did expect to lose a close game, so iim a bit disappointed in that regard. Now for the Dogs and Dockers, at their home games, so the draw from hell continues for us.

FFS bring back Cox and let him play no.1 ruck and give him 5 to 6 weeks not 1 or 2 quarters which he has had for years now.
It is now or never.

How often do I have to repeat that Mason Cox is finished as an AFL footballer. Great guy, but when it’s over it’s over. Max Lynch is playing well tonight in the Hawthorn - Essendon game. We should have kept him and delisted Mason Cox.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We should have played Cox, he always worries the tigers.

You're like a broken record. Do you read nothing that anybody posts in response to your baseless assertions about Cox?

He's played against Richmond 6 times. He played well against them once. It's all a long time ago. To try to capture just how long ago it is - the last time he kicked a goal against Richmond, Dayne Beams got 2 Brownlow votes for us.

Gee genius, im sure young Begg ruled the roost in the ruck hey, against very experienced ruckman Nankervis, yeh i bet he did, we lost by plenty, we r got towelled up, at least Cox takes a main defender and can do tap outs, we got thrashed out of the centre. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:05 pm

masoncox wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

It is now or never.

Spot on, yep, Begg got brushed aside, hes not ready yet, only a kid, was a boy against a solid, very experienced giant in premiership ruckman Nankervis, was never going to work out today. Lynch leaving was a poor decision, now we rue the day on that one too. We cannot play Begg against the Dogs and the sizzling Dockers, like a lamb to the slaughter, Cameron is only a part time ruckman really, with Grundy down we are in dire straits.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:10 pm

I must confess I try not to read other posts on here, especially the obsessive trolls that seem to post boring essays on every issue! As if they’d know better than the paid professionals running the Club? The bottom line is I do because I have going to the games for decades and virtually lived and breathed everything Collingwood did when we were a true powerhouse at Victoria Park. The progressive modernists on this site just say all the stuff that’s happened to our game and Club since leaving Victoria Park has made things better. Todays effort against Richmond has now proudly in ninth position and heading south. Ninethwood!!! Let’s face it. We are a weakened club with a new generation of weak fans. Tragic. The rubbish half baked analysis I read on here tries to gloss over and rationalise todays failure like other losses this year! The bottom line is we are paying too much for poor players and lack the tough mentality to succeed. No real passion or vision.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:18 pm

You make some good points HIss, but i guess we now have a bunch of kids who need time and experience, for me the best thing so far this season if young Jack Ginnivan, i love his cheeky and abrasive outlook, and shit stirring to the Opposition, that was a Magpie trait decades ago ala the late great Lou Richards. Its going to be a long season, i do have faith in our youngsters, and new Coach, new gameplan, but it takes time, and injuries are kicking in now too, which trys our patience even more.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:24 pm

Geez Hiss, you didn’t like Ginnivan having a crack as well as diving in to a pack like a madman and getting elbowed in the scone for it?
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:24 pm

Is there a tall key forward in the national draft this year?

Like a Max King size.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We should have played Cox, he always worries the tigers.

You're like a broken record. Do you read nothing that anybody posts in response to your baseless assertions about Cox?

He's played against Richmond 6 times. He played well against them once. It's all a long time ago. To try to capture just how long ago it is - the last time he kicked a goal against Richmond, Dayne Beams got 2 Brownlow votes for us.

Gee genius, im sure young Begg ruled the roost in the ruck hey, against very experienced ruckman Nankervis, yeh i bet he did, we lost by plenty, we r got towelled up, at least Cox takes a main defender and can do tap outs, we got thrashed out of the centre. Surprised

Centre clearances were 14-all.

My point was not, of course, about the game. It was about the fact that you have been repeatedly posting that Collingwood will/should/should have played Cox because he "always worries" Richmond. That's just nonsense. People have said so repeatedly, all week - and provided statistics to back up their opinions. It's a bit disrespectful just to keep posting the same thing, endlessly and never engage when people set out a reasoned and contrary view.

For example, you haven't commented on this, from the previous page:

LaurieHolden wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yeah, calling bullshit on that one. Let's unpick that 6 game body of work.

Cox didn't play against the Tigers Round 17, 2021. 16 point Win
Cox didn't play against the Tigers Round 2, 2020. Draw
Cox played against the Tigers, Round 19 2019. (11 disposals, 4 marks, 1 behind) 32 point Loss
Cox played against the Tigers, Round 2, 2019. (11 disposals, 7 marks, 2 goals 3 behinds. 44 point Win
Cox played against the Tigers in the 2018 Prelim. We all know what happened there.
Cox played against the Tigers Round 19, 2018. (11 disposals, 4 marks, 2 goals 1 behind) 28 point loss.
Cox played against the Tigers Round 6, 2018. (10 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals 1 behind) 43 point Loss

Cox once played a good game against Richmond. He didn't, by the way, play it in the ruck (he had 4 of Collingwood's 60 hit-outs in that preliminary final - Grundy had the other 56). It was in 2018. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. Of the Richmond back 6 who played in that game, just 2 took the field for Richmond today.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat May 07, 2022 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: