Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 2:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pep wrote:
New game style has left us vulnerable in defence. We need a proper full back. But our defensive structures tighten up as the season progresses.

We looked good when we could execute our game plan, but poor field kicking and goal kicking cost us.

I liked the fight we showed all day, never gave up, just a shame our skills let us down and succumbing to the tigs pressure at times.

I like where we are going, but we need more A grade talent pure and simple, do we trade? Or go to the draft? Both have pros and cons.

i think what we are learning is that our game plan requires a ruckman that never gets flogged. We criticize Grundy for not destroying his less paid opponents, but the truth is, part of being a good ruckman is as much about thwarting the opponents drive as it is implementing ours. And Grundy certainly did that.

in the first half alone, hitouts to advantage was about 10-0 against. The last two weeks we have seen most plays start from our backline as the opposition just walks it out.

Today, except for a very short period when DeGoey, Pendles and Crisp tore it up in the middles in the second or third (i forget when), we got killed! Very hard for a backline to keep repelling that quick entry.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 3:27 am

Fly's presser:

It seemed like you were clinging on all day, but you kept fighting. Are you disappointed or happy with that?
Quote:
"I said to the boys, we'd rather lose by 10 than die wondering. We just tried to keep coming at them and take more risk. Some of them paid off, and some of them didn't. Our fight has been there all year, it has been. Today was a little bit off in certain areas. Our contested ball was well down on what it has been. We want to fight right until the end, and rightly or wrongly you can judge that but that was our intent".

Tom Lynch was dominant in the first half, what was the thinking in the coaching box to stop his dominance?
Quote:
"I felt that the ball would leave our D50, and then it would come back in and he would mark it. There are a couple of examples of how we can do that better. That's just attention to detail in terms of execution of what we want to do. He's a very good player. If you give him a leg rope, and he will run and jump and mark the ball. We're lucky he didn't kick a few more I think".

Did Darcy Moore need to tighten up. Is there anything else he could done?
Quote:
"The way they were moving the ball and the way we were moving the ball out of D50 didn't help him. I would have thought Darcy will reflect on his game and look at things he can do better. Clearly Lynch got on top of him".

Illness was an issue again this week. How much of an issue today was it?
Quote:
"I thought it was a more bigger thing last week. Last week we were coughing and spluttering coming into the game and we didn't even speak to the players last week. Did it help? No, but it wasn't an excuse. Early in the week, four or five of them didn't get to train. In terms of where it was compared to last week, it was nowhere near the same".

We saw that willingness to run through the middle, particularly in the second quarter. Did you go into the game with that plan because it wasn't working in the first quarter?
Quote:
"I didn't think we were brave enough. Richmond defend the ground really well. They own the corridor and I thought we missed opportunities to go through there while we had chances. Sometimes it takes someone to be brave enough to go 'well I served a Richmond jumper', but I was still prepared to go there and take that on. I thought that we got that balance better in the second half. We're a dangerous team when we move the ball fast, and we want to move the ball fast to make the most of those opportunities".

Did you see the elbow that Jack Ginnivan copped to the back of this head at 3QT?
Quote:
"No, I didn't see it.

What did you make of the matchup between Ginnivan and Daniel Rioli?
Quote:
"Daniel Rioli is playing good footy isn't he. I've watched him for a number of weeks now in a new role and he's got a couple of scalps in the last few weeks. Jack's ability to keep competing is reflective of our group. We want to keep turning up and the scoreboard started to get away from us and you start to lose hope. We want to continue to be brave".

How's Jack Ginnivan handling the rising fame from a largely unknown player into a star?
Quote:
"Taking it in his stride I think".

Does Jack Ginnivan have to be prepared for physical contact because of his outgoing personality?
Quote:
"Anybody that's been in the competition for a long time realises that if you're playing good footy someone wants to take that away from you, they'll find a way to find a weakness. I think it's a part of Jack's growth. First and second year players get a bit more attention when they start playing well".

Aiden Begg has been good in his first two games, but how much of an impact is it having not being able to win the hit outs with Grundy being absent?
Quote:
"I just thought they were a bit more seasoned, Richmond. I said to the players I just feel like that we’re eight rounds in, eight dates into a relationship, if you like, and they’re more like married with three kids. It really feels like that. Our group is learning how to play together and learning through our system and play their roles. You've also got youth vs experience in some parts of the ground; that's reality. I think we had six under-21 today. We look better in terms of the way we want to play in patches of the game. We just have to get better for longer".

Will you stick with that ruck combination even if you lose the hit outs most week?
Quote:
"Last week we got smashed in the hit outs and won clearances. Today we got dominated in the hit outs and lost the clearances, so I think there's more to it than just that. Young Begg is a competitor. He's manning the mark there in the last quarter and he smothers the ball and follows it up. We love that in him. He's going to learn a lot from his second game".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1120785/post-match-craig-mcrae?videoId=1120785&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1651908270001

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 7:56 am

Tiger game done and lost

Now an out of form Bulldog
Then two in form sides

Freo and Scum

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:05 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Nothing More to say about Collingwood this Afternoon then we where Utterly Pathetic and Lack of Effort was Terrible.

Watching the Grass Grow was as Exciting as Watching Collingwood play today

That's the great thing about watching the Pies - You get two sources of excitement, for the price of one.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:10 am

Bobs Country Bunkhouse
“We have kinds of excitement Pathetic & Lack of Effort “

I didn’t see it that way as they had a crack
They had a top forward-we did not

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:46 am

What'sinaname wrote:

Does it matter? Choose the best available indigenous player. They might be a forward, a back, a mid.

If their surname is Rioli, even better.

How about picking best available player rather than be racist
Using your plan we would ignore another Pendlebury or Buckley because they are white

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:48 am

neil wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Does it matter? Choose the best available indigenous player. They might be a forward, a back, a mid.

If their surname is Rioli, even better.

How about picking best available player rather than be racist
Using your plan we would ignore another Pendlebury or Buckley because they are white

nice try
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:46 am

E wrote:
Pep wrote:
New game style has left us vulnerable in defence. We need a proper full back. But our defensive structures tighten up as the season progresses.

We looked good when we could execute our game plan, but poor field kicking and goal kicking cost us.

I liked the fight we showed all day, never gave up, just a shame our skills let us down and succumbing to the tigs pressure at times.

I like where we are going, but we need more A grade talent pure and simple, do we trade? Or go to the draft? Both have pros and cons.

i think what we are learning is that our game plan requires a ruckman that never gets flogged. We criticize Grundy for not destroying his less paid opponents, but the truth is, part of being a good ruckman is as much about thwarting the opponents drive as it is implementing ours. And Grundy certainly did that.

in the first half alone, hitouts to advantage was about 10-0 against. The last two weeks we have seen most plays start from our backline as the opposition just walks it out.

Today, except for a very short period when DeGoey, Pendles and Crisp tore it up in the middles in the second or third (i forget when), we got killed! Very hard for a backline to keep repelling that quick entry.

We won the centre clearances. Hitouts are a worthless stat, and even hitouts to advantage aren't a heap better. Cameron played very well, and I'd rather play Begg than Cox.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:55 am

I thought we played at least ok. The biggest difference was probably their goalkicking compared to ours. We missed a lot of 50/50 kind of chances and they kicked most of theirs. That's the difference. Notes on a few players:

Noble: Not been a big fan, but he's getting better. Cemented a best 22 spot for now.
Henry: Probably his most promising game. He's always shown an ability to kick a goal if he has a fraction of space inside 50, but has never done anything else at all. So it was very good to see him take a few marks on the lead (a couple of which showed very sticky fingers) and a semi contested mark floating in from the side. He's still seriously weak in one on one's and needs to speed up his decision making when a shot for goal isn't on, but it was a step forward.
De Goey: Got a lot of it, but his disposal was off compared to normal. He's normally just about our best user, but not yesterday.
McReery: Almost had a really good game. If his two posters had gone in and his perfect tackle on Martin had been called holding the ball rather than high, he'd have been in our best.
Josh Daicos: What happened here? He was terrible. Invisible for most of the game and missed two he'd normally kick.
Cameron: Yeah, he got killed in the hitouts (who cares?) but he took some good marks and offered a lot around the ground. Definitely best 22 even with Grundy back.
Sidebottom: It's been jarring watching him hit the wall so hard. I thought he'd last forever as a guy whose game is about durable, hard running, but he's shot. I'm actually reminded of how Scott Russell, a very similar player, hit the wall at about the same time.
Lipinski: Not a star, but does a lot of good things.
Moore: Don't think he was nearly as bad as the headlines would suggest.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:04 pm

Gave up too many easy goals yesterday lynch mulled us tore us apart we can play a hell of a lot better
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:12 pm

In the 3rd qtr with 0:13 seconds remaining Cameron took a mark 70m out.
He looked to his left without going off his line but was called to play on by the umpire.
The Richmond player standing the mark put his hands on his head in frustration as he knew he had himself moved off the mark which should have resulted in a 50m penalty.

Why do umpires call play on when a player HAS NOT moved off his line?

We were 29pts down and bringing Cameron to within 20m could have impacted the momentum going in to the last quarter.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:16 pm

There was a lot of those type of situations that went against us happened all match long tigers got slot of free kicks too we had none
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:26 pm

slangman wrote:
In the 3rd qtr with 0:13 seconds remaining Cameron took a mark 70m out.
He looked to his left without going off his line but was called to play on by the umpire.
The Richmond player standing the mark put his hands on his head in frustration as he knew he had himself moved off the mark which should have resulted in a 50m penalty.

Why do umpires call play on when a player HAS NOT moved off his line?

We were 29pts down and bringing Cameron to within 20m could have impacted the momentum going in to the last quarter.

Yea I remember that! I was screaming at the TV "that's a fifty " umpire had called Cam to play on for no reason he didn't move off his line but the tiger player definitely shuffled to his right!

BARRACK HARD!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:28 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Bobs Country Bunkhouse
“We have kinds of excitement Pathetic & Lack of Effort “

I didn’t see it that way as they had a crack
They had a top forward-we did not

It's "Bob's Country Bunker"
And you missed the key part of the line to reference.
"We have TWO kinds of music, Country & Western"

I've only watched The Blues Brothers about 40 times...

On that theme, Flys presser could have then been like Jake in the tunnel giving excuses to his Fiance why he didn't turn up to their wedding.

"We didn't have a Full-Back"
"Our ruckman was out"
"We don't have a Full-Forward"
"We had gastro"
"It's a new game plan"

"It wasn't my fault!"

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:52 pm

Take the emotional out of the game and just look at it
We didn’t mske the most of our chances
We had 5 posters that could have been 25+ points added
Moore is a intercept defender not a tight 1 on 1 defender snd is getting taught a lesson
If you think Cox is the answer to any question then your asking the wrong question
We know what he brings and it’s not much consistently
Begg is young and inexperienced but he’s worth getting games into

Look overall we fought hard and came up short
Most concerning was the majority of our experienced players didn’t play great over 4 quarters which hurts

On to next week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: