Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurieHolden wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
We actually have two AFL listed players with indigenous heritage, Nathan Kreuger and Ash Johnston...

What I was trying to illustrate is only a handful of players get to that level, Indigenous or not.

I thought Krueger has German heritage, reminds me of Hogan's Heroes Very Happy

First original player I ever saw was Syd Jackson playing for Carlton. What a talent he was!
The available pool of players is small, that is why only a few are represented.

Nathan Kreuger is a Noongar man, South Western WA.
Ash Johnston is from Halls Creek but unsure of his people however it is home to the Indigenous Djaru and Gija peoples as well as some Tjurabalan peoples from the desert.

My first memories are from 80's. Phil Narkle, hard to forget in that helmet and the Krakouer brothers, they were nothing short of electric.

The first indigenous player to play Collingwood seniors was Wally Lovett. A few others played in the seconds but did not stick around too long. Our culture at that time would have been awful to play in. These were the days that the Victoria Park bigots were in full racist mode when indigenous umpire James used to umpire games. They were a pack of horrible feral Collingwood fans who were shamefully racist mongrels. Absolute bloody arseholesšŸ˜”šŸ¤¬
However another side of the story was that Carlscum player Syd Jackson once accused Collingwood player Alan Atkinson of being racist on the field. Years later he denied anything was said but was following advice from Carlscum to do this to upset Collingwood. Any wonder I will absolutely hate and detest the scum until they bury me and then I will haunt the bastards relentlessly šŸ˜¤ā˜ ļø

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:34 am

^^
I've listened to a Wally Lovett interview and he's only got positive things to say about this time at Collingwood, and how he still loves the club.
It's an interesting perspective against the backdrop of the public lambasting our club has copped with respect to racism in recent times. I don't doubt that there were instances and situations at the club that should have been handled better, but I'm certain Collingwood wasn't the terrible place that Harry Lumumba is trying to portray.
That sections of the crowd were racist at Vic Park, sure...I think that's pretty much established by lots of peoples' accounts. I would think that as more a societal issue in those times. You can't tell me that Vic Park was the only ground where you would hear racist remarks about indigenous players.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:47 am

Yay!!! The dirty Richmond player who elbowed Ginnivan in the back of the head twice has received a one match ban šŸ‘
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:55 am

Should have been 3 at least

A mongrel purposeful hit to the head with his forearm... Twice.
aus50ford 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:59 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Yay!!! The dirty Richmond player who elbowed Ginnivan in the back of the head twice has received a one match ban šŸ‘

They'll appeal and get him off ... you watch

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:00 am

I watched it at the pub on Saturday but left at half time (bruising to ribs from a fall)
At one stage I noticed Nick Daicos brushed aside like a rag doll) and simalar incident to Ollie Henry

We will be a while before we challenge in finals when the kids mature

But they (the team ) are on the right road to a finals appearance

Redcraze Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:44 am

"Syd Jackson once accused Collingwood player Alan Atkinson of being racist}

I think the Collingwood player involved was Lee Adamson

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:46 am

bally12 wrote:
^^
I've listened to a Wally Lovett interview and he's only got positive things to say about this time at Collingwood, and how he still loves the club.
It's an interesting perspective against the backdrop of the public lambasting our club has copped with respect to racism in recent times. I don't doubt that there were instances and situations at the club that should have been handled better, but I'm certain Collingwood wasn't the terrible place that Harry Lumumba is trying to portray.
That sections of the crowd were racist at Vic Park, sure...I think that's pretty much established by lots of peoples' accounts. I would think that as more a societal issue in those times. You can't tell me that Vic Park was the only ground where you would hear racist remarks about indigenous players.

Excellent post with information that I didnā€™t know. Iā€™m glad that my assumptions based on Harryā€™s testimony was factually wrong. And no, the ferals at the st kilda ā€œanimal cageā€ at Moorabbin were bloody awful with their racist comments when as a teenager it was convenient for my mates and me to get under the fence and watch the games there. Windy Hill outer was another racist haven but thatā€™s all history now. Those were the days of bigotry forming part of the experience of going to the footy šŸ™„

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:48 am

Redcraze wrote:
"Syd Jackson once accused Collingwood player Alan Atkinson of being racist}

I think the Collingwood player involved was Lee Adamson

You are absolutely right, my bad memory. However the story was correct.

Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:09 pm

Hiss wrote:
Utter useless unbelievable gutless crap! Supporters sitting next to me want a complete urgent Coaching review followed by a sacking of key personnel and players. Everyone around us can see we lack passion and aggression. Too soft , too weak, too pleasant. A boring Club run by boring people with boring players and coaches. Time for Malthouse to be returned with Eddie as President. Letā€™s get the winning formula back. How dare they worry about what the Cheer Squad can say at games when we play like this ! What a joke

Mate; that horse has bolted.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:13 pm

simon tonna wrote:
mudlark wrote:
. I think he was involved in the last turnover right at the end ,which really, should have been another Collingwood goal, but ended up down the other end for a Richmond goal. Had he have gone a lot harder, the ball could, at least, have stayed in our forward line. His numbers certainly back up his selection.

it was a piss weak effort. that sought of stuff should relegate him to a week in the VFL.

Probably won't - Lipinski was one of two Collingwood players to be awarded coaches' votes (the other was Crisp).
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:09 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I watched it at the pub on Saturday but left at half time (bruising to ribs from a fall)
At one stage I noticed Nick Daicos brushed aside like a rag doll) and simalar incident to Ollie Henry

We will be a while before we challenge in finals when the kids mature

But they (the team ) are on the right road to a finals appearance

Hope your ribs are OK Baz.
The Daicos incident you might be referring to is when Dusty did the fend off - too his throat!! High contact 100%.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:51 pm

My last comment on this unfortunate loss comes from two one eyed Tiger fans, mates of mine., whom both told me they were relieved we did not play Mason Cox, and were very surprised we did not. I will just leave that there.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:33 pm

They haven't seen him since 2019, either.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
My last comment on this unfortunate loss comes from two one eyed Tiger fans, mates of mine., whom both told me they were relieved we did not play Mason Cox, and were very surprised we did not. I will just leave that there.

FWIW piesnchess, I think the club made a selection error in not picking Cox against the tigers. His height in the forward line was sorely missed by the crumbers. I donā€™t think we will see him in the seniors again unless he kicks 6 or more in the seconds. He is on his very last chance in my book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: