Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 9. Magpies v. Bulldogs.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Exactly Lazza happy just to sit back and relax and watch our kids

are you really happy to sit back and relax?

What do you suggest I do? Get worked up with stress and anger after every loss and suffer more mental illness by having unrealistic expectations that will only set me up for failure? Sounds bloody stupid to me. I don’t live in a cacoon. I prefer planet reality.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Exactly Lazza happy just to sit back and relax and watch our kids

are you really happy to sit back and relax?

What do you suggest I do? Get worked up with stress and anger after every loss and suffer more mental illness by having unrealistic expectations that will only set me up for failure? Sounds bloody stupid to me. I don’t live in a cacoon. I prefer planet reality.

This was directed at 90 nice who on one hand says he wants to sit back and relax, but on the other hand wants two thirds of the team replaced in the mid season draft due to them being inept.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:27 pm

Any word on the extent on Quaynor's injury? Will he miss?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Some injury updates from the Dogs. Weightman, Vandermeer and OBrien ( playing as a key defender ) will all miss after copping injuries against Port. The Bont, English and Keath will all need to undergo fitness tests in order to be passed fit to play. Bont should be ok, with English and Keath close to 50 / 50 to come back.
The Dogs are very beatable. Weightman is a big loss and they are particularly vulnerable in the back half. As for us, multiple 6 day breaks aren’t ideal but it’s the hand we’ve been dealt. We’ve got fresh players on hand after the bye in the VFL, so they make a change or two if they think they can get more run from those rested players. Bring it on.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:26 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Some injury updates from the Dogs. Weightman, Vandermeer and OBrien ( playing as a key defender ) will all miss after copping injuries against Port. The Bont, English and Keath will all need to undergo fitness tests in order to be passed fit to play. Bont should be ok, with English and Keath close to 50 / 50 to come back.
The Dogs are very beatable. Weightman is a big loss and they are particularly vulnerable in the back half. As for us, multiple 6 day breaks aren’t ideal but it’s the hand we’ve been dealt. We’ve got fresh players on hand after the bye in the VFL, so they make a change or two if they think they can get more run from those rested players. Bring it on.

Not at all confident about this game. A huge difference between “a game we should win” and actually winning the game. It’s more about ‘hope we can win’ rather than ‘we will win’ for me.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:34 pm

derkd wrote:
Any word on the extent on Quaynor's injury? Will he miss?
When I saw the replay, I looked at who was on the big Richmond forwards who were marking everything...it was Quaynor, Sidebottom, Noble... and Moore who was detached. It's obvious our team does not have height and strength where needed. A good team with power key forwards will always kick our *sses. And the inverse is true, our lack of height on the forward line will be shown up eventually.

It will take a long, long time and lots of good recruiting to repair this. The slaughter reminded me of the West Coast twin towers who crushed us also and on many occasions. This will keep on repeating over and over, we never learn...it's so disappointing to watch.

I know I'm echoing what others think on this forum but I had to say it anyways.

i know accidents do happen but...a lot of our players play in such a way that they become prone to injury, spending the year off the field. It doesn't matter if they are strong, move fast, look good, have potential when they are ABSENT. Other players are smarter and present themselves week after week no problem, such as Crisp, Pendles, Sidey, and Checkers. Why is that?

Western Bulldogs are not playing well, we could notch up another win. I hope Cameron can keep on improving as he has a real crack and Begg can mature quickly. Is there another young key player we can promote from the VFL? Surely there is.

❤️️

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Mon May 09, 2022 12:24 am; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:40 pm

Yep. Watching Carlton bomb to two giants inside F50 and mark everything or get a free kick for holding. Just a bail out longbomb resulting in regular goals.

We have ZERO chance of legitimately competing for any prize without at least one star tall to play alongside Michocek.

Every team seems to find a big body tall who can clunk ‘em. The failures of our recruiting team over the past 10-20 years to recruit or trade for any long term KPF or KPD solution outside of father son picks is amateur hour stuff at its best.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:43 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Yep. Watching Carlton bomb to two giants inside F50 and mark everything or get a free kick for holding. Just a bail out longbomb resulting in regular goals.

We have ZERO chance of legitimately competing for any prize without at least one star tall to play alongside Michocek.

Every team seems to find a big body tall who can clunk ‘em. The failures of our recruiting team over the past 10-20 years to recruit or trade for any long term KPF or KPD solution outside of father son picks is amateur hour stuff at its best.

This is one instance where we can blame Buckley who did not value big forwards.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:37 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Wasnt that supposed to be Krueger, at long last, for us, but he keeps getting injured, never gets too actually play Question Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:42 pm

Id rest yioung Begg this week, cant have the kid getting smashed for the 3rd week in a row, against English. Cox has to come in now, at least break even in the tap outs in centre, and go forward, bring ball to ground for the smalls. Obviously Magden in for Quarner if hes injured, thats a gimme, bring back the clubs unfortunate current whipping boy, to annoy some on here., If Roughie can come in, put Moore forward for awhile, see how he goes, try to get some confidence back in him, hes pretty down at the moment, got torn apart by Kornes and his mates, and the media. Our injuries really starting to kick in now, as per usual.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:27 pm

At least it won’t be the All About Treloar Show, media should be over it by now.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 2:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Id rest yioung Begg this week, cant have the kid getting smashed for the 3rd week in a row, against English. Cox has to come in now, at least break even in the tap outs in centre, and go forward, bring ball to ground for the smalls. Obviously Magden in for Quarner if hes injured, thats a gimme, bring back the clubs unfortunate current whipping boy, to annoy some on here., If Roughie can come in, put Moore forward for awhile, see how he goes, try to get some confidence back in him, hes pretty down at the moment, got torn apart by Kornes and his mates, and the media. Our injuries really starting to kick in now, as per usual.

Be careful. I hope come into the team under McRae is better than come forward under Buckley.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

For mine, Begg stays in until he physically needs a rest. English isn't agressive physically, it's all good experience.

Even though we're getting smashed in hitouts, we're breaking even in clearances so there's no need to panic.

Moore stays back, that's his best spot. He's missing Roughie and missed Magden, having reliable lock down defenders lets him play his natural game as an intercept marker. I doubt if gives a sh1t what Cornes and Co say about him.

If IQ misses I'd be more likely to go for Ruscoe, but Madge should be in the team if Roughie is not.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:06 pm

English has been out for weeks. Is he back this week for certain?

Keep playing Begg! He may be the future. Cox certainly is not.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:13 pm

I hope English plays. This is the opportunity for for us to see him to go head to head against Cameron and find out whether Cameron is by far the better of the 2 (as the statistics suggest).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: