Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 9. Magpies v. Bulldogs.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Cleary @cleary_mitch·2m. Tim English won’t play for the Dogs this Friday night. Has missed most of the week with illness @7NewsMelbourne @7AFL
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Never felt we would climb into the eight this year (although would be nice)

It will take time

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:21 pm

Yep, I think the problem is that after the season starts all the logically made predictions before the season go out the window because we get excited after a couple of wins. I think the best outcome for Collingwood this year is a low ladder finish with favourable draft picks locked in for next season. However it will be hard going if we lose to teams we don’t like losing to. It’s a bloody crazy conundrum for us to have. We won’t like it in the short term.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:40 pm

Tough old scrap this one be a low scoring tight game
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Two talls the Doggies have we need to curtail

One is English
The other Naughton

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:04 pm

i don't think English will play. They will likely rest him on the basis that even Tony Liberatore would control the clearances against our rucks....
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:05 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Two talls the Doggies have we need to curtail

One is English
The other Naughton

IF we play Begg on English, the kid will be smashed for the third week in a row, and the Dogs centre line is dynamite, Treloar says hello to us there and the Bont and co. . Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:37 pm

Unless he's tired and needs a rest, I think Begg offers us WAY more than Mason does. I'll take Begg's serviceable game over the 1 in 100 chance that Mason has a rare day out and influences the game.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:29 pm

It’s said English is on the sick list

With Cox as possibly the only ruck option I’d still play Begg —sure wins are important but so too is games into kids

His first two games have been good for such a young kid

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:41 pm

^

Not just a young kid, but lack of playing time and experience. He would have hardly played any footy the past 2 seasons due to Covid and his shoulder operation, so he's had part of a pre season and a handful of VFL games to get his fitness and skills up to scratch. It's bloody impressive.

He'll need a rest soon enough but while he's still got a full tank keep playing him.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:18 am

IMHO Begg simply has to provide us with something up forward if he's to keep Cox out of the side (unless both play) so it's good the coaching panel appears to be focusing on this aspect of his game at training this week.

He's shown potential which has been great but it's mostly been his ground level work that has impressed and when your side is crying out for their big men to impact as big men up forward and down back in a key position it's probably not enough if giving ourselves the best possible chance to win games in 2022 is currently still more important than turbo charging his development.

This week against the Dogs should present an easier ruck assignment compared to the previous two rounds so it'll be interesting to see how he goes.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:59 am

So who comes in if Jack & Beau miss??

fox wrote:

COLLINGWOOD has declared Isaac Quaynor a certain starter to face the Dogs, despite dislocating his finger in the loss to Richmond.

But forwards Jack Ginnivan and Beau McCreery are in doubt for the match after missing training this week with illness.

“Jack and Beau are both sick,” Magpies coach Craig McRae told reporters on Wednesday.

“A bit of carry-over again from last week so it’s gone through the place three weeks in a row and it’s unfortunate, but just like the last couple of weeks we’ll just manage those guys right up until game time.

“Hopefully 24 hours like the last couple of weeks will make a big difference to these guys.”

The Pies might be tempted to give Aiden Begg a run in the VFL, but coach Craig McRae did indicate recently he was keen for Mason Cox to find some form at VFL level first.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-team-news-whispers-updates-for-round-9-2022-afl-news-2022-round-9-teams-selection-squads-supercoach/news-story/7e2e0701d5c8408afe18f4f467a15115

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:38 am

Our rucks will still be up against that old battle horse, Stefan Martin, so it’s remains a challenge no matter who we put up. Martin doesn’t have four quarters in him anymore but he still knows his way around the park. Our best opportunity to expose them in the ruck is when Martin isn’t rucking.
We could either work the minutes so that Cameron also rucks against their non ruckman or our second ruckman ( Begg / Cox ) takes advantage in the ruck while Cameron “ rests “ in the forward line.
The game within the game .
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:06 am

well after missing 2 games, ill be at this one in a nice comfy medallion club seat! Im still crook, so i can tell you now, if the boys are struggling to recover, im not surprised, this thing is $$%^%%$ debilitating!

id give so much to win this week, to see mr tantrum do another oscar performance at the presser! **** the welfare, their pathetic fans and their umpire bias, just find a way to win!!

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:46 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Our rucks will still be up against that old battle horse, Stefan Martin, so it’s remains a challenge no matter who we put up. Martin doesn’t have four quarters in him anymore but he still knows his way around the park. Our best opportunity to expose them in the ruck is when Martin isn’t rucking.
We could either work the minutes so that Cameron also rucks against their non ruckman or our second ruckman ( Begg / Cox ) takes advantage in the ruck while Cameron “ rests “ in the forward line.
The game within the game .

Seems Martin won't play because of knee swelling - will be Sweet in the ruck. All will be revealed later today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: