Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
masoncox wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
masoncox wrote:
beggs .....3 disposals.
Last week and the week before trashed.
Must be better than Cox.
Everyone keeps telling me that.

He’s really not up to it as a ruckman.He can barely win a hit out.I think at this stage Cox is a better option as a ruckman.

This is so obvious that it makes me so angry
Play Cox for the next 5 weeks.
If he is no good ...delist him.
Beggs is not even VFL material.

Ive been saying this too, but the Beggs brigade jump down ones throat, the kids confidence is being utterly destroyed, this is not good for his develpment, big men take a long time to develop, as Lou Richards said often. Idea

I think now that Begg has had a starting taste, give him a rest. He will likely get demoralised up against Sean Darcy and what's the point in that????
Coxy is the obvious choice as a Phil Inn for a game or two.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:01 am

Piesnchess wrote:
A BIG shout out to Jack crisp and Noble, never give up, ever, hearts as big as pumpkins, as ol jock said.

Agree

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:04 am

rambler wrote:
Which competition isn’t contrived?

Most football comps around the world. Clubs are big and rich because their past success and good administration have enabled them to accumulate finances to get the best players to entertain their fans. Crap admins get relegated.

Name any football team in the world that is successful and the ONLY reason is because they have more money than their opponents.

Contrived is knowing that the team with the most money will inevitably win.
At least with our game every team actually has an opportunity every 5 years to have an impact.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:05 am

Piesnchess wrote:
A BIG shout out to Jack crisp and Noble, never give up, ever, hearts as big as pumpkins, as ol jock said.

They were our best by a mile.

Some senior players really need to pull their finger out.

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 am

Playing one Brown brother is like playing with one less player. Playing two is a guaranteed loss.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:12 am
Post subject: pies v doggiesReply with quote

Well well what to say. Usually by this time after the game there a heaps of pages of comments.
Once again the distraction off field.
I am so over it.
Harry is licking his lips. He doesn't want money. He wants to see us suffer.

We don't have the players let's face it. Why is Callum brown always the go to guy to fill in?

Also I can't believe that our players turn the ball over so much and as for kicking at goal!! I don't get it.Not a new problem either.
When they practice, can they please practice from close and in front of goal. It's just killing us.
And honestly seeing Treloar out there just dredges up all those shit feeling from last year.

Feeling quite dismayed after tonight's performance.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:13 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Jezza wrote:
The match was over in the first quarter.

First proper reality check of the season.

True Jezza.
Massive reality check,
We had huge outs, but bulldogs had several as well, and it exposes that our depth is nowhere near the necessary level of quality atm.
All started from the massacre in the midfield. We were utterly smashed there, and had no real capacity to stymie it.
Skill errors and decision making errors no doubt flowed from the tremendous pressure exerted on our team by the Bulldogs' avalanche of clearances.
Those who have questioned Grundy's value to our team should now hopefully open their eyes.
Dont agree with those who just want to blindly play all the kids.
Smashings will not in any way benefit us.
We need to scaffold the induction of the youngsters with experience and strong bodies as much as possible.
Loss of Madgen really made me sad
He has been a cog in our defence, and a solid back up when we needed him. I find the comments of those who celebrated his injury on the game thread as quite despicable.

Yep all this lads.

I'll cut them some slack if the flu is genuinely infesting the clubhouse.
We almost kept up with them after quarter time; and the reason we didn't can ultimately be marked down to disposal ineptitude and brain farts.

Again the effort was there for at least three quarters... However...
I've never seen a player single handily cost us a game in a first quarter like Henry did; such utter stupidity in decision making from not only him, but several other senior players during the game.
The utterly putrid disposal standard is getting past a joke now. And ALL these errors resulted in 2-goal turnarounds; good teams do that to you.

All compounded by Moore's idiotic decision to crash into Naughton contesting a mark only the boundary line in third term, when anyone with half a brain cell could tell the ball was going well over. There was another gift goal; and the maggots did not miss a single thing for them tonight.

Justin Power (4): best of a bad lot
Nick Brown (13) - I hate this anti-Collingwood turd; he is a f#cking disgrace to the game
Simon Meredith (21) - Trying his best to get to Stevic/Schmidtt sewer level

So I'm still advocating we poach Mitch Wallis from them by the end of 2022.
And I've still got Josh Caddy in my radar too; he's not getting a gig at Punt rd, and seems to be well out of favour in the pecking order.
That's two big bodies who won't be pushed off the ball as easily as our undersized midfield. And they will come cheap too, which is what we need.

Everybody still happy with the decision to arsehole Brayden Seir off the list in 2021; fat lot of good that is doing us now.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:14 am
Post subject: pies v dogsReply with quote

Oh I forgot... Moore is so overated. Check out his decision making and kicking...
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:18 am

[quote="slangman"]
rambler wrote:
Which competition isn’t contrived?

Contrived is knowing that the team with the most money will inevitably win.
At least with our game every team actually has an opportunity every 5 years to have an impact.

Good point Slangman, i just get frustrated that we are the largest club in the country that has earned it's status from past succesess and supporter loyalty and we have no real avenue to transfer that off field success and stability to help our playing group. What's the point of having the best training facility in the comp when you can't have great players training in it coz of salary cap constraints. Then you blood a young kid who becomes a superstar and suddenly his salary doesn't fit in the cap and he goes to a crap club that can fit him in.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:18 am

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Playing one Brown brother is like playing with one less player. Playing two is a guaranteed loss.

Give it up, clown. Maybe tell us about your footy history for something different. At least the posts would be shorter.
maurs64 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:24 am

A comment on the umpires. When are they going to be carried out onto the ground on palanquins??? They are the most important part of the game after all. And all the players should be forced to kowtow to them before the first bounce.
And also when will the AFL start kicking spectators out of the ground for umpire dissent??? It must be just around the corner.
Here's a thought - if you pay umpires a ridiculous salary you will get a lot of interest - probably from AFL players that didn't make it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:25 am

piedys wrote:
I've still got Josh Caddy in my radar too; he's not getting a gig at Punt rd, and seems to be well out of favour in the pecking order.

I think he has actually retired. I thought I heard Hardwick saying that last week.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:26 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
What really hurts is that the best player for the Bulldogs is Adam Treloar who should be playing for us. The other factor is Bontempelli who rested up last week to play us this week. He always kills us. Plus we lose our captain before the game and we had to put up with the flak from Lumumber’s racism allegations during the week. We’re seriously undermanned and there’s no much we can do about it until we get a few players back and the younger players coming through put on a bit of weight. I’m not discouraged. The game was over at quarter time. Our players wanted to win and played the game out to the end. What I hope is the players are hurt by the loss and are itching to get back onto the training track to improve their game. Poulter and MaCrae are going to be better for the run in the seniors. Tyler Brown needs to have more strings to his bow than just a tackler. Crisp is having a great year. Noble plays his guts out. Cameron keeps improving as a centre bounce ruckman. The scoreboard looks bad. However it’s not as bad as it looks.

They lost last week - A win's a win.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:28 am

Lipiniski 2024-2028 will be > than Treloar 2014-2018. Mark it down.

Similar to Crisp scenario, this kid will shine.

And while we are at it, Oliver Henry will become our seasonal leading goalkicker in a couple of years and will kick more career goals than either Travis Cloke or Anthony Rocca.

rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 12:37 am

Cam wrote:
Oliver Henry will become our seasonal leading goalkicker in a couple of years and will kick more career goals than either Travis Cloke or Anthony Rocca.

He's only 19 and has all the right forward attributes, only thing i'm sceptical about is we've seen this before with kids like Fasolo, Stephenson, etc who i freely admit I predicted superstardom for both
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: