Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Smacking. Good reality check. Think it’s still down hill from here.
Tyler actually did some ok things but Callum is finished.
Ouch. Treloar getting the meddle. That’s is a massive smack to the nads.

Serious?? Tyler did some “OK” things. He has absolutely no footy smarts and several of his efforts were just embarrassing to watch. It was mortifying watching these 2 play and Adam Treloar ripping us a brand new ring hole AGAIN!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Watch Hawthorn and their forward line to fully realise how far off this club is right now.

Big forwards who can clunk the rock.

Until we draft and / or trade for competent bigs we’re masquerading as a real AFL club.

Yes, yes, yes this is key to our fortunes going forward

Great quote from Raw Hammer here. We have no one who can regularly take a big grab and go back and kick the goal. I have been criticised for having the temerity for calling out Miochec for “Breaking our hearts “ on an almost weekly basis. The goal he missed just before 3/4 time would have, SHOULD have put us right back in the game. From that miss, Footscray kicked 4 goals in about 3 minutes to rub salt into the gaping wound.
My main criticism is on his run up he continually spins the ball. How do you expect a good ball drop when you are doing this. Today I watched those young Hawthorn forwards and Lynch and Reiwold and Cameron and Hawkins and Max King and many others and NONE of them spin the ball on their run up. Line up the goal with the ball, line up the boot with the ball and most times, it’s a goal. He just needs to stop doing it. He may just win us a game.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 7:56 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Big T wrote:
Big Cox 47 hitouts and bog. Will come in.

But Bulldogs won the clearances in the VFL.
Cox was getting some of the ball but it was the VFL listed players that won the Pies the game.

And the gap b/w VFL and AFL is still big.

He was the afl listed standout. Has been good the past month in the ruck. Must come in. The gap is irrelevant to a degree, vfl will be used to promote performing players.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:34 pm

I stuck a fork in WHE a while ago but last night a couple of his actions impressed me.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:37 pm

Big T wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
Big T wrote:

Cox was getting some of the ball but it was the VFL listed players that won the Pies the game.

He was the afl listed standout. Has been good the past month in the ruck. Must come in. The gap is irrelevant to a degree, vfl will be used to promote performing players.

Where we’re at right now, every game you give someone who is not a regular, walk up, starting player should be considered an investment. Why on earth would we “invest” in Cox?

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:39 pm

mudlark wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Watch Hawthorn and their forward line to fully realise how far off this club is right now.

Big forwards who can clunk the rock.

Until we draft and / or trade for competent bigs we’re masquerading as a real AFL club.

Yes, yes, yes this is key to our fortunes going forward

Great quote from Raw Hammer here. We have no one who can regularly take a big grab and go back and kick the goal. I have been criticised for having the temerity for calling out Miochec for “Breaking our hearts “ on an almost weekly basis. The goal he missed just before 3/4 time would have, SHOULD have put us right back in the game. From that miss, Footscray kicked 4 goals in about 3 minutes to rub salt into the gaping wound.
My main criticism is on his run up he continually spins the ball. How do you expect a good ball drop when you are doing this. Today I watched those young Hawthorn forwards and Lynch and Reiwold and Cameron and Hawkins and Max King and many others and NONE of them spin the ball on their run up. Line up the goal with the ball, line up the boot with the ball and most times, it’s a goal. He just needs to stop doing it. He may just win us a game.

Watched him at several training sessions, he misses most shots. One thing that shits me no end and again he done it last night is he rushes he last few steps because he gets to close to the man on the mark! Ridiculous.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:44 pm

Collingwood 5.3 after Q1
Doggies 7.5
Hardly disastrous. Wasn’t great but disastrous is a bit much.
Lots of players missing & a big late withdrawal.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:49 pm

simon tonna wrote:
mudlark wrote:
I have been criticised for having the temerity for calling out Miochec for “Breaking our hearts “ on an almost weekly basis. The goal he missed just before 3/4 time would have, SHOULD have put us right back in the game. From that miss, Footscray kicked 4 goals in about 3 minutes to rub salt into the gaping wound.

Watched him at several training sessions, he misses most shots. One thing that shits me no end and again he done it last night is he rushes he last few steps because he gets to close to the man on the mark! Ridiculous.

Agreed, I no longer have any confidence in him lining up for goal from a set shot, regardless of the angle. Some players have idiotic habits/rituals; he is sadly one of them. He seems to be a better shot at goal during play, where he hasn't the time to over-think his processes.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:51 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Collingwood 5.3 after Q1
Doggies 7.5

Just the acts of utter stupidity and decision making have brought so much good work by others players undone in an instant, often resulting in 2-goal turnarounds; it's been creeping in for weeks now and getting beyond a joke.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:27 pm

piffdog wrote:
Big T wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
Big T wrote:

Where we’re at right now, every game you give someone who is not a regular, walk up, starting player should be considered an investment. Why on earth would we “invest” in Cox?

Begg is getting slaughtered. I mean his arse is being surgically removed and presented to him at the end of each match.

We have no other rucks after the brilliant decision to trade Max Lynch.

Cox needs to be tested as first ruck, Cameron forward, to see how he performs, he hasn't had this opportunity. He isn't a forward, clearly a ruckman. We need to make decisions on depth players. Cox is a young 31 by playing years standards and could still be considered for depth over the coming years.

Grundy is a gun but he is tying down 8% of our salary cap in a position that has questionable value for such an investment. The more ruckman who show promise including Cox, the more pressure Grundy will be under to develop another string to his bow - especially his overhead marking when forward. Cameron to me is doing quite well and is clearly a better forward than Grundy. If Cox comes in and has a good month in the AFL, young Begg gets a badly needed breather and continues to develop in the VFL for a few games, Cameron continues his good form, then we are in a stronger position. If Cox fails, then he will be clearly gone and we will have left no stone unturned.

We must tank for a top 3 draft pick - this is essential. But experimenting isnt just about playing all your kids - thats how teams like North and Carlton stay at the bottom for a decade. We must be smart and strategic with every decision.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:27 pm

dp
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:35 pm

piedys wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
Collingwood 5.3 after Q1
Doggies 7.5

Just the acts of utter stupidity and decision making have brought so much good work by others players undone in an instant, often resulting in 2-goal turnarounds; it's been creeping in for weeks now and getting beyond a joke.

Not just in the last few weeks piedys. This crap was inherited in the Buckley years. The over the back, length of the field feast of goals we used to see against us has reappeared due to two things, firstly our new style and attacking structures, but even before that it’s the skill set and ineptness of the overhyped, undesirables that only Collingwood put up with.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:48 pm

Yes Big T. Trading M Lynch was and not in hindsight, dumb. Who on gods earth was thinking that Grundy wouldn’t go down at some stage in he’s career? and at a time when we didn’t have a likely replacement when the only real replacement was gone for a song. You can’t make this shit up unless your Collingwood.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:02 pm

I turned off at qtr time, did Henry get any better? He was taking some good grabs but lack of confidence, very dumb decision making and shit kicking really put us out of the game early. He kicks 3 goals and it’s game on. Not to mention his brain fade led to a Treloar goal so doubly costly.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:19 pm

As Fly said in his presser, he believes in our youth more than they believe in themselves at this stage. One of his main tasks, as he clearly sees it to be, is to instil in his young charges the necessary self-belief that they need to reach for the stars at an AFL level.
I think Ollie Henry's game last night summarises perfectly what Fly meant. Ollie's ability and talent is indisputable. He took 6 marks in our forward line, through a combination of reading the play and natural athleticism. He has already proven in his previous games that he can kick as well. But the lack of self-belief, for whatever reason, ran rampant in his head last night and played havoc with what could have been a stunning 9th game of AFL. The line between brilliance and failure is razor thin at this level.
I think Fly's presser was so reaffirming for our young players, and I can imagine the warmth and the positive reinforcement Henry will be receiving from our coaches during the week. There was so much to like about what Henry was able to do during this game, and I am looking forward to see how his year progresses from here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: