Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No he didn’t get any better. He’s space was cut off and our delivery was atrocious if not farcical. Henry was the catalyst of our ineptitude last night but he really had no senior reliance to gain any composure.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:29 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Yes Big T. Trading M Lynch was and not in hindsight, dumb. Who on gods earth was thinking that Grundy wouldn’t go down at some stage in he’s career? and at a time when we didn’t have a likely replacement when the only real replacement was gone for a song. You can’t make this shit up unless your Collingwood.

Problem is always rucks who want a #1 ruck position...

Witts lost to GC - basically backed the wrong horse - Witts at Collingwood now would be excellent and we could have traded Grundy for 2 x 1st rounders 2 years ago to Adelaide (this is how one gets ahead...)

Lynch - jury is out but if he continues to develop at the current rate, will be a major embarrassment. Cameron serviceable in the ruck and a keeper, Begg 3-4 years off, Grundy a gun but now a knee injury to add to his slowly declining form over the past 3 years and in the early stage of a massive contract... Its a major worry for the list mismanagement team.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:58 pm

Big T wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Yes Big T. Trading M Lynch was and not in hindsight, dumb. Who on gods earth was thinking that Grundy wouldn’t go down at some stage in he’s career? and at a time when we didn’t have a likely replacement when the only real replacement was gone for a song. You can’t make this shit up unless your Collingwood.

traded Grundy for 2 x 1st rounders 2 years ago to Adelaide (this is how one gets ahead...)

Getting ahead is what we don’t do well. The game leaves you behind the eight ball if you don’t box smart. Only problem is too many don’t see what’s happening.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:23 pm

C. Brown had a mare because he couldn't get his hands on it.

Henry had a mare because he didn't finish off his chances on goal.

When it comes to bad games I know which one I prefer.

Personally I remain paranoid about Geelong because I'm convinced they'll have him in their sights and he's yet to recommit.

His talent is obvious.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:47 pm

mudlark wrote:
Haff wrote:
Smacking. Good reality check. Think it’s still down hill from here.
Tyler actually did some ok things but Callum is finished.
Ouch. Treloar getting the meddle. That’s is a massive smack to the nads.

Serious?? Tyler did some “OK” things. He has absolutely no footy smarts and several of his efforts were just embarrassing to watch. It was mortifying watching these 2 play and Adam Treloar ripping us a brand new ring hole AGAIN!

I thought Tyler showed something as well. Maybe support the Dogs now Mudlark

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Personally I remain paranoid about Geelong because I'm convinced they'll have him in their sights and he's yet to recommit.

His talent is obvious.

Yep, we need to make sure we sign him up asap. He is an enormous talent.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:20 am

swoop42 wrote:
C. Brown had a mare because he couldn't get his hands on it.

When it comes to bad games I know which one I prefer.

His talent is obvious.

Hard to argue about that and I don’t remember anyone complaining about his kicking in the previous month ( including seven in the VFL )
It happens. Try anticipating how Max Kings day is going to pan out from one week to the next. Most young players with talent will still have good days and bad days, so yet another of his challenges at the ripe old age of 19, is to mitigate the difference between his best and worst. His attack on the footy was very good, so if he keeps that up, the rest will follow.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:35 am

I know that getting beaten at clearances and contested ball is indicative of a well beaten on ball brigade, but to my eye our main problem is our complete lack of key position players - no proper rucks, tall forwards or a full back. Having a strong tall spine creates confidence for everyone else. Until we at least get Grundy and Roughead back, we will struggle to beat anybody.

In the meantime, our youngsters will continue to get valuable experience and should improve quickly. Already I can see long term futures for the Daicos brothers, Henry, Ginnivan, McCreery, and possibly Poulter and McCrae.

I do not see a future for either of the Brown brothers.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:36 am

We r all hoping Tyler comes on.

Henry had a decent game except his kicking. Any of the other 17 teams would have him on their list.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:59 am

eddiesmith wrote:
I turned off at qtr time, did Henry get any better? He was taking some good grabs but lack of confidence, very dumb decision making and shit kicking really put us out of the game early. He kicks 3 goals and it’s game on. Not to mention his brain fade led to a Treloar goal so doubly costly.

How’s your dumb prediction we wouldn’t miss Grundy looking?
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:03 am

simon tonna wrote:

Lynch wanted out - because he wasn’t getting a game.
Club wanted to keep him.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:09 am

ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
I turned off at qtr time, did Henry get any better? He was taking some good grabs but lack of confidence, very dumb decision making and shit kicking really put us out of the game early. He kicks 3 goals and it’s game on. Not to mention his brain fade led to a Treloar goal so doubly costly.

You think Grundy makes us a 6-7 goal better team? Lol you’re delusional. Missing Pendlebury and Ginnivan were actually bad losses. Besides Friday night is the games Grundy always loses us, when the oppositions no1 ruckman is out.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:45 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

You think Grundy makes us a 6-7 goal better team? Lol you’re delusional. Missing Pendlebury and Ginnivan were actually bad losses. Besides Friday night is the games Grundy always loses us, when the oppositions no1 ruckman is out.

You’re the one who said he wouldn’t be missed and now have egg on your face.
Clearly you don’t understand the game, and your hyperbole has been exposed again.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:14 pm

Umps mistook Checkers for Trav Cloke, opposition were allowed to hold him, pull his jumper, block him, chop his arms, no problem!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Tyler Brown is definitely worth hanging onto , Callum unfortunately does not look up to it. Reef will easily go ahead of him along with Ruscoe .

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: