Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 11. Pies v. Blues.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

An extended interchange of 8 players —that will be trimmed as VFL game preceding the MCG game
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
No Changes.

The Ins are Poulter, McInnes and Ruscoe.

Doubtless they'll be three of the four emergencies. Full extended bench is:

Tyler Brown, Oliver Henry, Trey Ruscoe, Caleb Poulter, Reef McInnes, Beau McCreery, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Nick Daicos

Cox is in the starting eighteen (on the half-forward flank!), and one presumes Hoskin-Elliott, Daicos, Henry and Brown are all playing, so the only possible out I can see there is McCreery.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:56 pm

That extended bench would suggest they think Cox will be good to go by Sunday. Weather looks ok and all of a sudden we have a few avenues to goal. Who would have thought.
Reckon this is one of those games where coaching strategies play a big part in the outcome. We have to reduce their ball winning around the stoppages and they will want to slow our ball movement. Bring it on.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
No Changes.

The Ins are Poulter, McInnes and Ruscoe.

None of them will play unless there’s an injury from the game or training.
No change this week.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:00 pm

No change would mean leaving Henry out. That'd be a big call!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:26 pm

Henry will most certainly play. That suggests McCreery will be the injury sub, although my preference would be to give that role to Tyler Brown.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:46 pm

As expected, no changes.
I am happy to see Cox selected to start. i have the feeling he can be a wild card in this game. I know many here will mock me. But he was good last week while he was on the field. And in this game, he will have an immense height advantage over all comers.
I think the dynamic he can add to our F50, now with Elliott, Ginnivan, Henry and McCreery available, could be very interesting.
I don't want to see McCreery dropped...I think his tackling and pressure are hugely important in our F50. I would make Tyler Brown the medical sub.
Looking forward to this game. We have a real chance to win I think. Our mids will have to be at their very best to match Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy et al.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Henry will most certainly play. That suggests McCreery will be the injury sub, although my preference would be to give that role to Tyler Brown.

I like Brown staying in for two reasons: 1) he played one of his best games for the club last week, and I think his form warrants better than being caught in the same in/out/injury-sub limbo as his brother; and 2) I actually think injury sub is a great role for McCreery, who is a little down on form at the moment but can have an immediate impact on a game if activated.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:51 pm

David wrote:

I like Brown staying in for two reasons: 1) he played one of his best games for the club last week, and I think his form warrants better than being caught in the same in/out/injury-sub limbo as his brother; and 2) I actually think injury sub is a great role for McCreery, who is a little down on form at the moment but can have an immediate impact on a game if activated.

Good points.
It is a nice space to be, where we have such positive choices to make.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:19 am

David wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

You've convinced me David. Cool
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 am

David wrote:

I agree that the sub role would be perfect for McCreery to come in when opposition energy is down and have the ability to immediately impact. This only applies if he is used, and I don't ever 'hope' for an injury mid-game (even though the Cox finger did work out pretty well).

Tyler absolutely played one of, if not his best game for the club, but it should be noted, he did this as our back up ruckman where he spent more time around the ball than usual and was effectively an extra midfielder which provided much more opportunity as Darcy and Lobb are hardly very good ground ball players. I'm not so sure that reverting back to his more traditional role sustains that form - although the confidence and momentum gained from the Freo outing may be the lift he needs to do so...

I'd sure hate to be a selector!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:01 am

There's been a truck load of money on the Pies in this game. From $3.35 into $2.35 in the past few days and I think that price will tighten further.

The filth are lucky to be 8 -2. A 1 point win over Hawthorn and a 3 point win over an out of form Port in round 5 flatter their actual ability.

As others have said, Cox should start this in the middle and we should have a serious plan to take advantage of his ruck work. JDG has to join him in the middle, we can't let Cripps get up and about.

Henry looks to have found his mojo in front of the big sticks and with Jamie Elliot having a run under his belt, I can see us hitting the scoreboard hard.

Bring the same intensity we took onto Optus oval and these pretenders will be blown out of the water and their half brain fans looking for an early exit. Time to raise the Collingwood flag!

Pies by 48 points.

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:34 pm

Skids wrote:
The filth are lucky to be 8 -2. A 1 point win over Hawthorn and a 3 point win over an out of form Port in round 5 flatter their actual ability.

Once you get a few games in to the season, percentage starts to tell the truth. When you look at the ladder, Carlton seem to be out of position by about 5 places based on percentage.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:47 pm

Love your enthusiasm Skids, they look a much more settled side than we do. Cripps, you may be able to hold but there's a kid named Walsh that may just have a field day. The kid can play and I see no one in our lineup that will be able to hold him. As for the betting, we always come in. I cannot see us winning after Travelling to the West and slogging it out in a wet game.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 4:18 pm

Skids wrote:
Pies by 48 points.

Fair enough!! Realistically I think the result could go either way within a margin of 15 - 20 points. I would be absolutely rapt if it went our way.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: