Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 11. Pies v. Blues.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I like we aren’t changed can’t remember the last time that happened

There one wood is winning it around the stoppages and moving it quickly to Curnow
Stop that and we are a big chance
Moore gets Curnow because he likes to get up outside 50 a bit and then Howe can be 3rd man up when he’s deep

We need to exploit there defence they leak goals
They have 1 good tall defender so we need a Cox or Cameron forward at all times to make room for checkers and Henry and Ginnivan and Elliott to flourish
I can see us using Lipinski on Cripps a bit it makes sense his got the height and strength to do it
This could be the making of our season with a win
Our losses have come against opponents who at the start of the year we would have expected to lose to
This is the game we never should expect to lose

I’ve got a gut feeling on this one and snapped up some juicy odds of $2.85 on us to win

Pies by 22

Great analysis Qld.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:52 pm

So Tyler Brown is retained and McCreery omitted.
I hope McCreery is made the medical sub, and not omitted entirely. As David said, this would be a perfect role for him.
I like the inclusion of Cox, I have a positive vibe about it.
All will depend on us cutting off the supply to Curnow via their mids (Cripps, et al), as mentioned by Qld.
It is good to be able to focus on one key issue. It makes the resulting game plan simple to understand and (hopefully) execute.
I have a good feeling about this game, and feel we can win.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Was Tyler Brown all that impressive last week or was it more a case that our expectations have become so low for him that we overinflated his influence?

Even if we judge his performance worthy of merit given it came after the injury to Cox in the ruck can he get even close to replicating that if Cox plays?

While McCreery was poor against the Dogs I thought he was much more lively last week and looked more like the player we've come to expect.

While he's never been a big possession winner he's about on par with Tyler this season who has spent more time playing through the midfield.

He does have a clear edge in goals and goal assists though producing 5.5 goals and 7 goal assists this season to Tyler's 1 and 1.

Right now I'm not loving this selection decision (if Cox/Ginnivan plays) as I feel the blue collar hustle and bustle of young McCreery compliments a couple of our other young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry well.

Hopefully Tyler can bring the same heat that Beau does when he's at his best.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:37 pm

I have similar feelings Swoop. I can only guess that Fly reckons we'll need an extra body to rotate thru the midfield. Who knows, Tyler Brown might even be given a tagging job on Cripps?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Was Tyler Brown all that impressive last week or was it more a case that our expectations have become so low for him that we overinflated his influence?

Even if we judge his performance worthy of merit given it came after the injury to Cox in the ruck can he get even close to replicating that if Cox plays?

While McCreery was poor against the Dogs I thought he was much more lively last week and looked more like the player we've come to expect.

While he's never been a big possession winner he's about on par with Tyler this season who has spent more time playing through the midfield.

He does have a clear edge in goals and goal assists though producing 5.5 goals and 7 goal assists this season to Tyler's 1 and 1.

Right now I'm not loving this selection decision (if Cox/Ginnivan plays) as I feel the blue collar hustle and bustle of young McCreery compliments a couple of our other young forwards in Ginnivan and Henry well.

Hopefully Tyler can bring the same heat that Beau does when he's at his best.

Damn, now you have convinced me as well. I feel like a pendulum Sad
I think the main point is that Beau is not at his best, which is why this whole dilemma now arises.
I also think that we are basing ourselves on having Elliott back in, with both Ginnivan and also Henry now in form, giving us very significant firepower upforward, so maybe we are seeking to have extra midfield power in order to negate the role of Cripps et al in driving the ball forward to Curnow. With Brown as an extra mid "ruck rover" in the old lexicon, we think this is a better option than Beau McCreery in his current form. I hope we select Beau as the sub.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:30 am

Thinking it’s time to drop Hoskin Elliott for this match and keep mccreery
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:37 am

90 nice wrote:

3 weeks ago I would have agreed, but on the past 2 weeks, you have to keep WHE ahead of McCreery.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:38 am

90 nice wrote:

Absolutely not. WHE was very good last game. What are you thinking???

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:16 am

Leaving McCreery out seems to be a decision to go more for an airial player from a pressure player. I don't recall McCreery making mistakes and for the lack of possessions the ball did't go where he was positioned and when it did he got involved did well. We will miss his speed and pressure as both henry and WHE don't have. Tiler is definitely there to help the midfield rotation as that is where the game will be won. Can't wait to see how the team is going to play this one out!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:23 am

90 nice wrote:

Yes, particularly after W H E’s five goals in the last three games.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:36 am

You can be a pressure forward but that still doesn’t automatically mean you’re in form. McCreery isn’t doing enough to hold his spot and if you’re going to be a one trick pony, then you need to be on the top of your game. He’s not ( he didn’t even lay a tackle against the Dogs and was lucky to have held his spot )
As Swoop pointed out, maybe we are a bit seduced by Tyler’s form because it’s off such a low base but isn’t that what happens when you’re learning the game, you slowly get better. Regardless of who makes way for T Brown, the worst thing we could do for a young bloke who has improved his game in last couple weeks, is to drop him.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:10 pm

Beau,s 2nd year form is not as was his 1st year form and that might require a trip to VFL—when he plays his natural game of fwd 50 pressure (which is his known ability) he could work back in

He still is a very good player

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:31 pm

I want us to win with enough gas in the tank to cause an upset and beat Melbourne next round.
Quincy 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I want us to win with enough gas in the tank to cause an upset and beat Melbourne next round.

Don't we play the Hawks next round?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Yep Mitchell,s Morons
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: