Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Win
Just needed to apply more scoreboard pressure
We were clearly the better side

All positive steps
Go Pies

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:20 am

90 nice wrote:
Who agrees with me that Brian Taylor is a shit commentator

I prefer him to Daisy.
All commentators talk too much.
Ian Chappell told you the same issue every 5 minutes with test cricket.
I don't want specifics and stats and data.
I want color and not boring dumb facts
Daisy just talks about the obvious.
So Fu...king boring.
Taylor also gives out useless facts.
The worst fact this week was the win vs loss ratio
Who really care if it is Even Stevens.
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:25 am

In one of the most thrilling and frantic matches of the season, Collingwood held firm in the dying stages of the game and withstood a behind from Jack Silvagni to conquer Carlton by 4 points. The Magpies overcame their goalkicking inaccuracy to boot enough goals to break away, before being forced to cling on to ensure that they gave the Blues the blues when the final siren sounded. The contest was evenly fought early in the opening term, the second quarter saw Collingwood waste chances, before Carlton hit back with majors and took the lead at half time. The Magpies struck back with scoreboard pressure and a few goals, while keeping the Blues goalless for the third quarter. The final term saw both sides trade exchanges on the scoreboard, until the Woods got the wood on the Blues at the right time and appeared to have a comfortable lead upon entering time on of the last quarter. Carlton then got a run-on which almost proved too much, but to Collingwood's credit, they did enough right to win the game and collect the points.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from sources such as kicks by +3 (213 - 210), hit-outs were won by +18 (37 - 19), intercept possessions had a differential of +6 (78 - 72), and tackles were up by +5 (55 - 50). Marks went Collingwood's way by +9 (95 - 86), +2 for uncontested marks (78 - 76), contested marks were won by +7 (17 - 10), while Marks Inside 50 had an advantage of +9 (18 - 9). Carlton claimed their gains from disposals by +56 (389 - 333), +59 for handballs (179 - 120), contested possessions were won by +5 (140 - 135), and uncontested possessions had a margin of +48 (244 - 196). Clearances went Carlton's way by +5 ( 33 - 28 ) with centre clearances won by +4 (13 - 9), and stoppage clearances were up by +1 (20 - 19). Tackles Inside 50 were won by +5 ( 13 - 8 ) and Inside 50s had a differential of +5 (56 - 51).

Jack Crisp (27 disposals @ 67%, 446 metres gained, 14 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 9 score involvements, 5 clearances, 5 stoppage clearances & 6 Inside 50s) stood up in the midfield once again by winning his own ball, applying tackling pressure and linking up scoring chains whenever Collingwood transitioned the ball through the midfield from defence which enabled Crisp to be a viable option.

Jordan De Goey (24 disposals @ 79%, 505 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 tackles, 1 goal assist, 11 score involvements, 2 clearances, 6 Inside 50s, 5 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) played his most creative game of the season by winning his own ball, woked both ways in attack and defence, and gave the team's forwards plenty of chances to convert goals.

Josh Daicos (23 disposals @ 83%, 512 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 18 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 5 handballs, 10 marks, 6 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) played a brilliant game on the wing where he presented as a marking option for kicks coming out of defence or across half forward, while his ball use was at an exemplary level where not many errors were made.

Patrick Lipinski (21 disposals @ 67%, 307 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 10 handballs, 2 marks, 8 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 goals) came to the party in the third term by snapping two crucial goals, while most of his teammates were continually missing goals. Lipinski ensured he contributed to scoring chains with fewer disposals than normal.

Taylor Adams (21 disposals @ 76%, 189 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 7 kicks, 14 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) made it his prerogative and objective to win the contested ball at all costs. Adams was able to do this willingly without being required to kick the ball very often. Adams was still able to contribute to the team's ball movement and scoring chains without taking very many plaudits for the work he did in the midfield.

Scott Pendlebury (18 disposals @ 61%, 308 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 8 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) spent more time up in the midfield than usual, but still contributed at all times in general play to create scores for his team.

Steele Sidebottom (17 disposals @ 71%, 319 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 6 handballs, 8 marks, 4 Marks Inside 50, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) complemented Josh Daicos beautifully on the opposite wing by winning enough possessions, made good decisions with the footy and got forward to impact the scoreboard.

Darcy Cameron (13 disposals @ 85%, 112 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 26 hit-outs, 7 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 8 score involvements, 4 clearances & 3 centre clearances) produced another strong game by winning a lot of hit-outs, followed up with clearances in the middle, laid a decent number of tackles and competed for his marks with real energy. Cameron was able to generate avenues on numerous occasions for the team to score up forward.

Mason Cox (11 disposals @ 64%, 233 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 11 hit-outs, 8 kicks, 3 handballs, 6 marks, 4 contested marks, 4 tackles, 5 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) found some much needed form by clunking his marks in packs, competing manfully in the ruck and scored a crucial goal in the last quarter to maintain momentum to the team's cause which proved to be sufficient.

John Noble (21 disposals @ 95%, 341 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 9 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) gave great run off the last line of defence and made sure his ball use found targets to the team's advantage coming out of defence.

Jeremy Howe (20 disposals @ 75%, 590 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 18 kicks, 2 handballs, 5 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 11 Rebound 50s) produced quality rebound by kicking long as often as possible, which still had some errors, but Howe was reasonably effective over the course of the whole game. Howe dropped a couple of marks in the first half that resulted in goals, so there will be work for him to address and fix next week.

Nick Daicos (16 disposals @ 81%, 218 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 5 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) contributed sufficiently behind the ball by winning enough possessions to find targets on offer.

Nathan Murphy (14 disposals @ 71%, 123 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 2 handballs, 7 marks, 3 contested marks, 2 tackles & 3 Rebound 50s) played the best game of his young and fledgling career to date by backing his judgement to take intercept marks to perfection. Murphy also made an effort to hit short kicks to teammates who could generate scores at every opportunity, as he knew his limitations well enough to ensure that he did not bite off more than he could chew with his kicks.

Brayden Maynard (13 disposals @ 77%, 368 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) made an impact with reduced disposals by providing territory from defence at all costs.

Isaac Quaynor (12 disposals @ 75%, 315 metres gained, 2 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks & 3 Rebound 50s) provided great run and dash from defence and produced territory with his possessions, irrespective of any errors being made.

Darcy Moore (10 disposals @ 100%, 211 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 6 kicks, 4 handballs, 3 marks, 2 contested marks, 1 goal assist, 2 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) made sure he hit his targets coming out of defence, while finding a knack to intercept Carlton's forays quite regualrly.

Jamie Elliott (14 disposals @ 64%, 251 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 4 handballs, 6 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was very lively up forward by working up the ground to win possessions and take some marks. Elliott was able to impact the scoreboard during the first half, but could not produce more in the last two quarters, despite contributing to the team's ball movement.

Oliver Henry (10 disposals @ 50%, 202 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 6 uncontested possessions, 7 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 4 Marks Inside 50, 3 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements & 3 goals) burst to life in the final quarter to take a couple of marks and booted two very telling goals to give his team the edge before Carlton's onslaught during time on of the final term.

Collingwood's next game will be against Hawthorn on June 5 at the MCG. It is time to start dominating the Hawks for the next decade or so after what they've done to the Magpies over the last 10 years. I want Collingwood's current players to have regular success against a club that has caused plenty of issues and problems over the years to previous teams that Collingwood have put on the park against the Hawks. I want Craig McRae to be as ruthless as Alastair Clarkson and deny Sam Mitchell and his cohorts many victories over the coming years.

Last edited by JC Hartley on Mon May 30, 2022 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:25 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
And Steele Sidebottom, great game from him. After his game against Freo, he has now delivered another fantastic performance.

yes, i owe Sidey an apology, I thought he should retire at seasons end, but hes done well last two games, very well, he still has it, should play one more season at least. And to the Cox doubters, well he proved his worth yesterday, thats all he has to do, few marks, a goal, tap it down in the centre, up foward worry the life out of other defenders, leaving our little guys more freedom to score. Henry is a gem, finally we have a full forward of real class, him and Jack Ginnavin will be a backline nightmare soon. Oh and big shout out to jack crisp, best re cycled player we have ever got, id say, or close too it. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:48 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
And Steele Sidebottom, great game from him. After his game against Freo, he has now delivered another fantastic performance.

yes, i owe Sidey an apology, I thought he should retire at seasons end, but hes done well last two games, very well, he still has it, should play one more season at least. And to the Cox doubters, well he proved his worth yesterday, thats all he has to do, few marks, a goal, tap it down in the centre, up foward worry the life out of other defenders, leaving our little guys more freedom to score. Henry is a gem, finally we have a full forward of real class, him and Jack Ginnavin will be a backline nightmare soon. Oh and big shout out to jack crisp, best re cycled player we have ever got, id say, or close too it. Smile

Add me to that apology mate

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:37 am

masoncox wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Who agrees with me that Brian Taylor is a shit commentator

Taylor also gives out useless facts.

Taylor also gives us the shits.

masoncox wrote:
The worst fact this week was the win vs loss ratio
Who really care if it is Even Stevens.

Maaaaaaaaaaateeee... this has urked many of us for years; 2021 was quite an achievement to briefly pass them before they drew level again.
To be clear, they passed us in 1981, I was 11 at the time, and it shat me then, and continued to do so for some 40 odd years
This is a bonafide dick-waving contest, rest assured...

Jezza wrote:
piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
129-4-128.

And for those that have been living under a rock, perhaps you can remind us all of the significance of those numbers above lol?! Is it your locker combination?!

Head to head vs Carlton

Won = 129
Draw = 4
Lost = 128

Very Happy

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:37 am

Some great observations on here after a close win.

I have to join the group apologising to Cox - if he can continue to play like that then he can absolutely contribute to helping us win games. I wonder if playing ruck in the VFL has helped him get a bit more physical in the contest because he certainly looked more robust in those big contests. I still don't think he's in our next flag team - but that level of output should see him picked again. Becomes a bit more of a challenge when Grundy is fit and we want to play more of Begg. Hard to drop Cameron - I think he is really showing something.

As the coach said, we probably should have had the game at a better margin but for some poor kicking. We havent been consistently wayward this year - hopefully this is just a bad game.

Only a one game sample, but do we bring Mcreery in for Ginnivan next week? Its not like we had no forward opportunities. Opposition probably made a point of not letting him get to the ball. He had two gilt edged opportunities that I am sure he would take 95% of the time. Just wonder if a little reminder that there is competition for spots would help him out??

Loved Noble's game. Also hope Murphy can stay on the park, looks a significant upgrade to poor old Madge.

Good vibes! Always a good week ahead when you win on the weekend.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:38 am

DP
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:40 am

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

yes, i owe Sidey an apology, I thought he should retire at seasons end, but hes done well last two games, very well, he still has it, should play one more season at least.

Me too; he waddles around and doesn't gather the numbers he used to, but those that he does, often lead to F50 entries and goals:

Steele Sidebottom (17 disposals @ 71%...); don't even recall him missing a target yesterday, other than a shot on goal. And that's a good thing!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:44 am

On Murph he has had injury probs early in his career but so did Moore

Darcy has got some continuity in to his career which I really hope Nathan does too

DT 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:55 am

What you are seeing is the product of very good coaching. The current coaching panel is levels above where we were. The players have bought in and are enjoying their footy. The team is exceeding most people’s expectations by a considerable amount.

I am critical of our top players as I expect a lot from them. I have to give credit to Adams who has really worked his way into very good form. Crisp, probably our best player, is now elite. Congratulations to him, he is a total pro. De Goey is improving but still needs to handle the footy better. Moore has really taken it up the last couple of matches and was defensively very sound yesterday. Pendles has been excellent this year but was a bit less clean yesterday, albeit against a top midfield. I think he slots back to half back next week.

J Daicos is amazing - beautiful skill, evasive and no fumbling. Cox and Cameron are doing very well in their ruck and forward roles.

All up there is a lot to like.

magpietragic 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:49 am

My nerves would have been a lot better if we had iced the clock for the last minute when we were 2 goals up.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:02 am

piedys wrote:
Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

yes, i owe Sidey an apology, I thought he should retire at seasons end, but hes done well last two games, very well, he still has it, should play one more season at least.

Me too; he waddles around and doesn't gather the numbers he used to, but those that he does, often lead to F50 entries and goals:

Steele Sidebottom (17 disposals @ 71%...); don't even recall him missing a target yesterday, other than a shot on goal. And that's a good thing!

In a game won by 4 points, he stopped goals on their goal-line, took a contested mark at the top of our goal-square, ran their wings ragged to set up the game-winning third-quarter break and generally made Carlton look stupid in every one-on-one contest. He isn't the player he was - but the player he was was 10 times better than anyone Carlton could put on the park. Class is permanent. He's probably only about 5 times as good as the best Carlton player, now.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:04 am

piffdog wrote:
...also hope Murphy can stay on the park, looks a significant upgrade to poor old Madge.
Ohh Madgen? I remember him...
Already forgot all about Madge Smile

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:54 am

Just watching the replay, they have a sound track running in the background of the third quarter, very annoying!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: